Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Tommy Robinson

So, this guy has been pretty under my radar but I ended up getting in a heated discussion with some friends about him over the weekend. I gather he's been re arrested and has a suspended sentence for Contempt of Court imposed because he was live streaming something from outside another trial?

I was pretty much writing him off as a right wing, racist lunatic but the people I was discussing it with view him as some sort of right wing working class hero.

They also seem to have this impression that there is a media blackout about him? Not sure if true?

So I thought I'd come here and ask for some enlightenment because I had to kind of back out of the discussion due to not knowing much about him!

He was the EDL leader wasn't he, I think that's all you need to know. Blokes a racist **** no matter how much he wants to try and reinvent himself.

The morons supporting him seem completely oblivious to the fact he's broken the law (again).

11 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

The guy is a grade A cvnt and shouldn't be openly discussed amongst civilised people. 

Hope this helps. 

I couldn't disagree more.  The guy is all you say, and civilized people should be free to discuss his idiocy as they wish.

He's not smart enough to articulate his points without saying or doing something really daft, but he does point out a lot of hypocrisies. 

As soon his name is mentioned it's swept aside as "Former EDL leader". I'm not a fan of his, but he's made out to be Nick Griffin when he isn't. He does attract the same morons though. Footy Lads Alliance lol 

Edited by RonnieTodger

Absolute moron. Was given a suspended sentence for filming outside of a court and was sentenced to 13 months in prison because he breached his previous sentence by doing the exact same thing. There's a reporting restriction about his case yes, because it's linked to the grooming case (restriction lasts until that case is resolved) that he was freaking out about on livestream which I believe is still ongoing.

His disciples marched on Downing Street to try and get him released from prison without realising that the judiciary is independent from government. It's just all idiocy.

Edited by Beechey

5 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Absolute moron. Was given a suspended sentence for filming outside of a court and was sentenced to 13 months in prison because he breached his previous sentence by doing the exact same thing. There's a reporting restriction about his case yes, because it's linked to the grooming case (restriction lasts until that case is resolved) that he was freaking out about on livestream which I believe is still ongoing.

His disciples marched on Downing Street to try and get him released from prison without realising that the judiciary is independent from government. It's just all idiocy.

Well this is what I tried explaining. They said "the government have silenced him". But if you have a suspended sentence for something and that suspension depends on your not re offending, then it can't have come as a massive shock that he got re arrested.

6 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

He's not smart enough to articulate his points without saying or doing something really daft, but he does point out a lot of hypocrisies. 

As soon his name is mentioned it's swept aside as "Former EDL leader". I'm not a fan of his, but he's made out to be Nick Griffin when he isn't. He does attract the same morons though. Footy Lads Alliance lol 

Are they really that different? Hiding their intent behind some sort of cause or deluded moral crusade. Getting hired by Rebel media (the same shite hawks who now hire Katie Hopkins to spew her bile) and proclaiming himself a journalist doesn't make him any less vile.

• Like 1

Guest MattP
10 minutes ago, Beechey said:

This is pretty much spot on.

I find his stuff frustrating to be honest, he did a piece once after the Manchester bombings that started off so well, asking very good questions of local authorities and had a lot of evidence about how a blind eye had been turned to extremism in the local mosques with regards to ISIS sympathy, then he just went into a racist rant and destroyed all the credibility of what should have been a fairly decent piece of reporting - it's a shame he broke off from Quilliam as Majid Nawaz seemed to be a good influence on him.

6 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Well this is what I tried explaining. They said "the government have silenced him". But if you have a suspended sentence for something and that suspension depends on your not re offending, then it can't have come as a massive shock that he got re arrested.

I have to laugh at the people screaming about him being sent to prison without a trial etc. He had the trial some time ago and as you say, the sentence was suspended. That doesn't mean he's a free man, that can be revoked at any time if he's deemed to breach the conditions of it.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I have to laugh at the people screaming about him being sent to prison without a trial etc. He had the trial some time ago and as you say, the sentence was suspended. That doesn't mean he's a free man, that can be revoked at any time if he's deemed to breach the conditions of it.

Madness, we're now apparently like North Korea and Saudi Arabia because we allowed a man who had committed a non-violent crime to effectively serve his sentence outside of prison. What a load of pricks we are.

25 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I'm not a fan of his, but he's made out to be Nick Griffin when he isn't. 

I don't think there's a lot of difference. Griffin whips up those who are openly racist.

Yaxley-Lennon (I'll call him by his actual, Irish heritage name) whips up the dangerous, 'quiet' side of racism and does more conversion of brains than a laughable Griffin does. In same way Hopkins isn't far behind (her media compliant against the Mirror where she'd rather see a story correctly labelling her charged with racist hatred rather than possession of drugs says all you need to know about her and 'the machine' she creates). 

There's two very sad facets to the events of this weekend which are missed by his support.

Firstly he's gave opportunity to a mistrial and the court case will have consecutive hearings due to the sheer number of accused (29). This likely to end in September and reporting restrictions are then released. 

There is part of his bandwagon which is downright fraud. There will be donations made for legal support which were in some deluded good faith but lining his pockets. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

Quite clearly over the weekend he was in contempt of court and it was all rather moronic as is the reaction of the people defending him. 

However, I recently started to take an interest in him having gone through a phase where I seemed to meet a lot of people, mostly white working-class, who either like him or at least heavily sympathise. It is somewhat troubling that some see him as a defender of the white working class, almost their freedom fighter. Reading his book, watching some of his one on one chats and reading pieces he wrote, he is actually a reasonably intelligent chap and he does raise some very good, albeit uncomfortable, points/questions. It is often ruined by his rants as Matt says. He is always going to held back by his inability not to do stupid things and the perception of him as a result. I don't like the guy, I don't share his views, and I find it all generally deplorable. But some people are the opposite and I hate that the standard reaction is just to look down and sneer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Quite clearly over the weekend he was in contempt of court and it was all rather moronic as is the reaction of the people defending him. 

However, I recently started to take an interest in him having gone through a phase where I seemed to meet a lot of people, mostly white working-class, who either like him or at least heavily sympathise. It is somewhat troubling that some see him as a defender of the white working class, almost their freedom fighter. Reading his book, watching some of his one on one chats and reading pieces he wrote, he is actually a reasonably intelligent chap and he does raise some very good, albeit uncomfortable, points/questions. It is often ruined by his rants as Matt says. He is always going to held back by his inability not to do stupid things and the perception of him as a result. I don't like the guy, I don't share his views, and I find it all generally deplorable. But some people are the opposite and I hate that the standard reaction is just to look down and sneer.

Just out of interest, what freedoms are the white working class fighting for?

Others have mostly summed up the bloke and the grounds for his arrest (Breach of Peace, not Contempt of Court this time, I think). There'll also be plenty about him online.

Quite apart from the risk of prejudicing the trial and causing its collapse and the release of people facing serious charges, there's the issue of anonymity.

Apparently there are designated areas in and around courts where you cannot take photos or film - to avoid identifying unnamed accused, witnesses or family members of victims arriving at court.....obviously very good reasons for that.

Robinson was arrested filming in one of the prohibited areas. Either he is massively stupid, as he could have legally filmed nearby, or he did it deliberately so as to be arrested and to portray himself as a victim.

I tend to think it was deliberate - him seeking victim status. He's always come across to me as cunning and calculating, not a moron at all. When he was arrested, he was quite calm, apparently half-expecting it - and had others on hand to film his arrest and get that online to promote his image as a victim and to thereby build popular support for himself as a leader of "working-class English people downtrodden by the elite" etc. Sounds as if he has been quite successful in achieving his aims.

A bit worrying that some people (though not those posting here) are seeing him as a victim or martyr (as he intended).

I've said for ages that a lot of the conditions are in place for an upsurge in the Far Right - and this bloke is a candidate to lead it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

Others have mostly summed up the bloke and the grounds for his arrest (Breach of Peace, not Contempt of Court this time, I think). There'll also be plenty about him online.

Quite apart from the risk of prejudicing the trial and causing its collapse and the release of people facing serious charges, there's the issue of anonymity.

Apparently there are designated areas in and around courts where you cannot take photos or film - to avoid identifying unnamed accused, witnesses or family members of victims arriving at court.....obviously very good reasons for that.

Robinson was arrested filming in one of the prohibited areas. Either he is massively stupid, as he could have legally filmed nearby, or he did it deliberately so as to be arrested and to portray himself as a victim.

I tend to think it was deliberate - him seeking victim status. He's always come across to me as cunning and calculating, not a moron at all. When he was arrested, he was quite calm, apparently half-expecting it - and had others on hand to film his arrest and get that online to promote his image as a victim and to thereby build popular support for himself as a leader of "working-class English people downtrodden by the elite" etc. Sounds as if he has been quite successful in achieving his aims.

A bit worrying that some people (though not those posting here) are seeing him as a victim or martyr (as he intended).

I've said for ages that a lot of the conditions are in place for an upsurge in the Far Right - and this bloke is a candidate to lead it.

I'm struggling with this white working class against the elite, is it only white working class that are being downtrodden, not any others?

Common sense would say, that the elite do not care about colour?

2 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Yeah I think he sees this more as a publicity act than anything else. Not seen any video but looking at the quotes, it seems he was clearly making the case that he'd done nothing wrong and was being arrested because of his views rather than his actions, and unfortunately a lot of people have bought into that.

50 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I couldn't disagree more.  The guy is all you say, and civilized people should be free to discuss his idiocy as they wish.

Each to their own. I'd rather we didn't give someone like him any platform whatsoever.