Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

Bethesda teasing new Fallout game

https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

Supposed to be some sort of announcement later on today, the streams been running since about 9PM last night

Speculation is pretty rife, some saying its a fallout 3 remake as it's the ten year anniversary of the game releasing today

They've been Twitch streaming an image of a Vault Boy for nearly 24 hours now, with the odd Bethesda staff member coming in and dicking about in front of the camera. 

Absolutely trolling gamers. 

Obsidian have pretty much denied it's anything by them. 

Fallout Online would be sensational. A New Vegas remaster would be great. 

My money's still on a HD Fallout 3 or a VR Fallout 4 as they did with Skyrim, in which case... I'll pass.

I'd be quite happy if it was fallout 4 VR tbh, but I suppose it depends on wether you've got the kit to play it or not

I can't imagine VATS would work very well in VR though, it would probably make you horrendously ill with the camera zipping about and changing perspective all the time

Edited by MrSpaM

haha, 130k+ people watching 'please stand by' on Bethesda twitch. 

Fallout 4 was ****ing crap in terms of both story and technical ability - they need to use a new engine and come up with something much better for a new Fallout, imo. 

I was kinda hoping we'd get a remastered F3 or F3NV for Switch but I dunno if I can be ****ed to play through them again, really.

What I'd REALLY ****ing love is a new top down old school style Fallout turn-based RPG - that'd be dope af. 

Just now, lifted*fox said:

haha, 130k+ people watching 'please stand by' on Bethesda twitch. 

Fallout 4 was ****ing crap in terms of both story and technical ability - they need to use a new engine and come up with something much better for a new Fallout, imo. 

I was kinda hoping we'd get a remastered F3 or F3NV for Switch but I dunno if I can be ****ed to play through them again, really.

What I'd REALLY ****ing love is a new top down old school style Fallout turn-based RPG - that'd be dope af. 

Todd Howard has been quoted as saying that they are making one more game using the old engine, the one used in fallout 4 and skyrim, and then the next game will be an entirely new engine from scratch, so whatever this turns out to be, it's going to be using the same engine as fallout 4

5 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Todd Howard has been quoted as saying that they are making one more game using the old engine, the one used in fallout 4 and skyrim, and then the next game will be an entirely new engine from scratch, so whatever this turns out to be, it's going to be using the same engine as fallout 4

ugh, gross. 

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

**** sake lol, I went downstairs to get a coffee.

what happened? 

is it top down? lol

It looks like it's a sequel to Fallout 4, similar to how New Vegas was

Edited by MrSpaM

yeah just seen it. more of the same. disappointing. 

I was a huge fan of F3 and F3NV but F4 left a real bitter taste in my mouth. 

I really think Projekt Red is going to blow everything out of the water with Cyberpunk 2077 tbh. 

The work they did with Witcher 3 was outstanding in terms of open-world storytelling - dragging that into a futuristic setting with a good engine is going to make Bethesda look like they've dined out on Fallout for too long. 

If it's online, they are probably testing the waters to see what online would be like in their next game using the new engine

I imagine fallout online would be the ultimate troll fest, but I could also see it being pretty epic with friends. Things like forming a raider clan and building a fort together to fight against a rival clan would be some mad max s**t!

As already stated it will be an online game, think of it as Fallout Shelter 2.0. It has been made alongside Battlecry Studios(Now known as Bethesda Studios Austin) this studio oversaw the online and micro transactions part of the last Doom game.

It will be a base building game, very similar to Rust and will focus more on melee weapons and survival.

Good news for those wanting a Fallout 3 remaster as thats is coming too and will be announced alongside Fallout 76 at E3.

"In danger of being left behind." lol

It's not really a danger, they should be left behind. They've bastardised the franchise enough for the sakes of AAA whoring. Let it die now and have another ten years off before it gets rebooted fresh. 

Four was shit. 

This new one looks like its just going to be them jumping on the open world survival bandwagon along with half the unfinished early access zombie projects on steam. 

Yawn. 

• Like 3