Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

Big Banter Ben Departs....

42 minutes ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

Why?

Jaki has been very inconsistent in training and in training matches. You'll wish we still had Hamer when you see what he's like under pressure. 

On the other hand I heard they may be an incoming player, so we might be alright.

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Good riddance. Never anywhere near good for this division and a joke that he was ahead of jakupovic. 

There might be some truth in that. The bantz gotta count for something.

Farewell Ben. You were around for a huge part of our history.Nothing further to say except the bantz will outlast us all.

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

What was Ben's banter?  I'm well gutted I've missed out on scenes.

His catchphrases were "Nice to [random word/phrase] you", referring to absolutely everything as "enjoyable", and calling everyone a "shag/shagger". :dunno:

Meanwhile his teammates tease him about eating carbs and ordering stuff from ASOS. :unsure:

I hate that I can regurgitate this absolutely useless information off the top of my head.

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

So he's left his role sitting on the bench at Leicester to sit on the bench at Huddersfield?

They offered him 3 years, we would have offered him one (or none). Job security innit.

49 minutes ago, Tuna said:

So he's left his role sitting on the bench at Leicester to sit on the bench at Huddersfield?

A change is as good as a rest and fair played he'd being paid handsomely to do both.

For all those slating him saying he was always shit, just remember there was a poll in our ealry 14/15 premier league days asking who should be 1st choice keeper and for a while it was a fairly close three way tie between him Kasper and Schwarzer.

20 minutes ago, copunk said:

Not as bad as some make out, but if the was ever a player who could sum up the phrase "meh" he is the guy, in all honesty I feel nothing about him leaving 

We loaned him out to League One and he couldn't cut it.

10 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Can't believe he's got a 3 year deal, he's done very well for himself financially, without really playing. His agent must be a miracle worker. Didn't he go on loan to Bristol when they were in League 1 and he was shite there too. 

Hamer went on loan to Bristol City when they were struggling in the Championship for a short while 2 seasons ago from memory but didn't do at all well and was back in the reserves here before he knew it, Conrad Logan style! Last season he was only ever really going to be third choice keeper once Jakupovic signed from Hull in the close season.....the latter of which I was surprised didn't start more often than he did in view of it being Kasper's poorest season here to date last season.....

Anyway it looks like all has worked out in Hamer's favour going to Huddersfield (where he'll surely be no.2 there too!) - this after four mostly wasted years away from first team action for him here after Charlton. He was obviously seeing out his contract though and was clever there to do so, as had it expired a year ago then he'd probably have been off pretty much straight away then instead. Well done Ben for your few clean sheets during that indifferent early 2015 spell under Pearson in the Prem. shortly before the Great Escape happened...…and good luck at Huddersfield bar the two times we play you!