Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

3 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I’ve come to the realisation today that I genuinely don’t enjoy playing this game, which considering how much I play it, is ridiculous. I’m winning a game 4-0 and I’m bored...

It’s genuinely the only thing in my life that can make me physically angry and it takes up so much of my weekends playing WL. Long story short I think my life will be better off without it.

I’m going in to town to trade it in this afternoon and am looking forward to actually enjoying my weekend this week.

Just the same as gambling, "When the fun stops, stop". There are healthier things to do with your life if you genuinely aren't enjoying it. :thumbup:

EA have forced competitive gameplay down everyone's throats so much this year. People feel as though they NEED to get good rewards just to keep up with the meta and the standard of the other teams they face. Couple that competitive gameplay with a massively flawed game and there's no wonder the number of people playing FIFA is down this year compared to last year.

10 minutes ago, duk3nuk3m said:

Just the same as gambling, "When the fun stops, stop". There are healthier things to do with your life if you genuinely aren't enjoying it. :thumbup:

EA have forced competitive gameplay down everyone's throats so much this year. People feel as though they NEED to get good rewards just to keep up with the meta and the standard of the other teams they face. Couple that competitive gameplay with a massively flawed game and there's no wonder the number of people playing FIFA is down this year compared to last year.

That’s exactly right. Rivals is a grind, champs is a grind... heck, even squad battles is a grind lol 

As stupid as it sounds, I started to realise this just after Xmas - Fifa was the only game I played, I never even contemplated anything else. And then my sister bought my the remastered spyro game - I’ve been playing it and have been enjoying it so much.

I’ve gone to play it and been like “oh, actually I need to get my rivals games done” like it’s a chore. That’s not how a game should be. 

I’ve now decided to go and visit my mate at uni in Wales at the weekend - instead of sitting at home playing WL and I’m sure I’ll have a much, much better time doing so :) 

Edited by Devonfox1884
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

That’s exactly right. Rivals is a grind, champs is a grind... heck, even squad battles is a grind lol 

As stupid as it sounds, I started to realise this just after Xmas - Fifa was the only game I played, I never even contemplated anything else. And then my sister bought my the remastered spyro game - I’ve been playing it and have been enjoying it so much.

I’ve gone to play it and been like “oh, actually I need to get my rivals games done” like it’s a chore. That’s not how a game should be. 

I’ve now decided to go and visit my mate at uni in Wales at the weekend - instead of sitting at home playing WL and I’m sure I’ll have a much, much better time doing so :) 

Can I have your team please lol

The FIFA franchise is somewhat doomed.

Ultimate Team is a massively cash-heavy mode that offers little in terms of rewards. Chances of packing a great player tend to 0, and by now, everybody's got a incredibly strong team, anyway.

Finesse shot are way too overpowered, lag still a big issue. EA said they'd work on it - sod all has been done. Passes go astray left, right and center, no matter how precise your timing and directions are. Way too many special cards these days, simply intended to take more of your money out of your pocket.

It's just greed, and it's about time I stop falling for that business model.

Weekend League is too time-consuming for me these days, Squad Battles a highly flawed mode.

There are so many elements that take the fun out of the game, it's staggering. This game brings out the worst in me.

I've loved the franchise for many, many years. Starting out as early as the mid-90ies, but next season, I'll give FIFA 20 a pass (as I always do with my two-year cycle) and possible the entire franchise altogether.

I'll play the shit out of this installment for as long as I can and then I'm done.

5 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I’ve come to the realisation today that I genuinely don’t enjoy playing this game, which considering how much I play it, is ridiculous. I’m winning a game 4-0 and I’m bored...

It’s genuinely the only thing in my life that can make me physically angry and it takes up so much of my weekends playing WL. Long story short I think my life will be better off without it.

I’m going in to town to trade it in this afternoon and am looking forward to actually enjoying my weekend this week.

Preach brother! I constantly keep playing the game I genuinely hate, I wish I’d stuck by my guns and not bought it but now I’ve got it (digital version) regardless of what I say I’ll keep coming back to it... hopefully I’ll stay strong for Fifa 20!

My wife hates me playing it as it brings out a side of me she’s never seen (fifa rage and all) I’ve been playing a bit more Fortnite/BO4 and it feels so strange playing a game and not raging... just simply having fun

Edited by dbtcity
  • Like 2

Don’t know whether it’s just me but the gameplay feels really shit this week. Button delay on majority of games, players feeling slow etc. There must be something deffo in the game mechanics because all of last week my team felt slick on the ball, quick passes etc but this week it’s the opposite.

Going into this WL on the back of my best finish and in shit form I can see this weekend being a frustrating and crap one.

6 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Preach brother! I constantly keep playing the game I genuinely hate, I wish I’d stuck by my guns and not bought it but now I’ve got it (digital version) regardless of what I say I’ll keep coming back to it... hopefully I’ll stay strong for Fifa 20!

My wife hates me playing it as it brings out a side of me she’s never seen (fifa rage and all) I’ve been playing a bit more Fortnite/BO4 and it feels so strange playing a game and not raging... just simply having fun

Same with my wife, she simply hates FIFA because I get so angry - something I never really get in other forms of life, thankfully.  It's madness, but I still keep playing.  I also started Spider-Man (finally) and it's pretty fun, but I really get confused with the buttons, but I'm sure I'll learn them.  I have such a backlog of games now, but don't ever start them as FIFA is like a treadmill (or a hamster wheel), and I'm a rat that just after being electric shocked 50 times, I finally get a treat pellet, and so am stuck, and addicted.  

I love how this thread has become a support group! That can't be right for a ****ing video game - good work @Devonfox1884 for saying what we've all been thinking

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Same with my wife, she simply hates FIFA because I get so angry - something I never really get in other forms of life, thankfully.  It's madness, but I still keep playing.  I also started Spider-Man (finally) and it's pretty fun, but I really get confused with the buttons, but I'm sure I'll learn them.  I have such a backlog of games now, but don't ever start them as FIFA is like a treadmill (or a hamster wheel), and I'm a rat that just after being electric shocked 50 times, I finally get a treat pellet, and so am stuck, and addicted.  

I love how this thread has become a support group! That can't be right for a ****ing video game - good work @Devonfox1884 for saying what we've all been thinking

No worries mate. I just hope they sort out the overly competitive edge to the game and somehow make it fun again. Personally I’d love for EA to make a new FIFA street. 

Like i said, I’m not an angry person, I don’t want to be perceived as angry person, so why would I play something that makes me feel like that? Surprised it’s taken me so long to see the light, and while others clearly don’t have to do the same as I’ve done, hopefully it just makes them consider the affect that this game has on their lives, their only life.

:thumbup:

18 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I had the exact same realisation during the Christmas period. Use to do every WL until Christmas, and I haven't played it since. Just realised it was no longer a fun game and genuinely stressed me out.

The next time I'll be logging on will be to sell my club (probably about 3 million coins worth) then to chuck it on Ebay.

27 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

No worries mate. I just hope they sort out the overly competitive edge to the game and somehow make it fun again. Personally I’d love for EA to make a new FIFA street. 

Like i said, I’m not an angry person, I don’t want to be perceived as angry person, so why would I play something that makes me feel like that? Surprised it’s taken me so long to see the light, and while others clearly don’t have to do the same as I’ve done, hopefully it just makes them consider the affect that this game has on their lives, their only life.

:thumbup:

Completely agree and empathise.

If there was some way of monetising Pro Clubs, EA would no doubt put time and effort into developing it. Without a doubt, it is the most fun game mode in FIFA but they have made no improvements to it whatsoever. EA need to realise the social aspect of gaming is growing and becoming more and more popular.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

The FIFA franchise is somewhat doomed.

Ultimate Team is a massively cash-heavy mode that offers little in terms of rewards. Chances of packing a great player tend to 0, and by now, everybody's got a incredibly strong team, anyway.

Finesse shot are way too overpowered, lag still a big issue. EA said they'd work on it - sod all has been done. Passes go astray left, right and center, no matter how precise your timing and directions are. Way too many special cards these days, simply intended to take more of your money out of your pocket.

It's just greed, and it's about time I stop falling for that business model.

Weekend League is too time-consuming for me these days, Squad Battles a highly flawed mode.

There are so many elements that take the fun out of the game, it's staggering. This game brings out the worst in me.

I've loved the franchise for many, many years. Starting out as early as the mid-90ies, but next season, I'll give FIFA 20 a pass (as I always do with my two-year cycle) and possible the entire franchise altogether.

I'll play the shit out of this installment for as long as I can and then I'm done.

It really isn't. Biggest cash cow in gaming and that's not changing any time soon

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It really isn't. Biggest cash cow in gaming and that's not changing any time soon

From a financial aspect, sure.

From a sportive and gaming aspect, not so convinced. It puts the emphasis on competition, rather than fun or enjoyment. So many people have so much to lose with that mode and with the ever-growing amount of SBCs and modes, it's very time-consuming if you really want to get stuck in it.

If they were truly interested in making the game more user-friendly, that might change. But with all the bugs, mishaps (SBCs), erratic controls, lag and people exploiting finesse shots, there's a lot of frustration coming into play.

Plus, the more you play it, the more the commentary gets on your nerves. :D

8 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

From a financial aspect, sure.

From a sportive and gaming aspect, not so convinced. It puts the emphasis on competition, rather than fun or enjoyment. So many people have so much to lose with that mode and with the ever-growing amount of SBCs and modes, it's very time-consuming if you really want to get stuck in it.

If they were truly interested in making the game more user-friendly, that might change. But with all the bugs, mishaps (SBCs), erratic controls, lag and people exploiting finesse shots, there's a lot of frustration coming into play.

Plus, the more you play it, the more the commentary gets on your nerves. :D

That's all that matters to EA