Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

11 hours ago, lcfcrinaldi said:

Does anyone know if there will be any follow-up to the Alex Hunter Journey mode?

I quite enjoyed it for the past 2 games, and though I think I'm going to give FIFA a rest for a year, I haven't heard anything about it.

Real Madrid are pleased to confirm the transfer of 19-year-old English forward Alex Hunter.

Hunter has completed his rise to the pinnacle of world football after taking the Premier League by storm as a 17-year-old. In an unprecedented move for a player of his age, Hunter joined the LA Galaxy and won an MLS Cup before returning to Europe. He joins the Spanish giants after leading his club to a domestic league and cup double at the end of last season. 

Hunter will take his favoured number 29 shirt at Real Madrid.

After being strongly rumoured to join Los Blancos before last season, Hunter will finally team up with Luka Modric, Toni Kroos, and Sergio Ramos for the 2018-19 season to form the core of a team that is aiming to win an unprecedented fourth successive UEFA Champions League trophy.

“It's everything I’ve ever wanted, simple as that.” said Hunter. “To join Real Madrid, the biggest club in the world, is what every kid like me dreams about. And on top of it all, I’m just buzzing to finally get my chance to play in the biggest club competition in the world, the UEFA Champions League.”

Raphaël Varane, Dani Carvajal, Theo Hernández and Dani Ceballos were among the Real Madrid players to welcome Hunter to the club during his official reveal at the Santiago Bernabéu. After the presentation ceremony, the forward put on the iconic white kit and posed for the media on the pitch. Hunter thanked the fans for their affection, and warm welcome. 

“I'm ready to go,” said Hunter. “This is a massive next step in my career, and I couldn't be more excited.”

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2018/the-journey-champions-alex-hunter-real-madrid

• Like 1

On 09/08/2018 at 15:20, HoustonFox said:

I pre-ordered. I’m an idiot. 

So did I mate... once I noticed they hadn’t changed the weekend league from 40 games over 3 days I cancelled it though as I can’t be getting sucked back into that! The weekends basically became a second job where I felt forced to play a game I didn’t enjoy to get rubbish rewards I never used lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dbtcity said:

So did I mate... once I noticed they hadn’t changed the weekend league from 40 games over 3 days I cancelled it though as I can’t be getting sucked back into that! The weekends basically became a second job where I felt forced to play a game I didn’t enjoy to get rubbish rewards I never used lol 

I’ve been debating cancelling but I’m sure I’ll spend at least the difference on packs over the year. Might still cancel though, probably good for my personal well being, Mrs HF not keen on me playing!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

I’ve been debating cancelling but I’m sure I’ll spend at least the difference on packs over the year. Might still cancel though, probably good for my personal well being, Mrs HF not keen on me playing!! 

I’ve been with my wife for 12 years married for 5 and she hates me playing Fifa(more so fut champs) as it brings out a side to me she’s never seen (fifa rage is real kids lol)... I’d been debating if I should get it or not then I took the plunge and pre ordered, as soon as I seen that fut champs news I cancelled it straight away as I no for sure I’d get sucked back in and be up till god knows what time in the morning trying to complete my games

Edited by dbtcity

On 12/08/2018 at 19:39, Ian W LCFC said:

Nothing changed in pro clubs which is a massive shame. The game mode has so much potential but they don't give a shit about it.

Big shame about Pro Clubs because it has so much potential to be even more brilliant but because it doesn’t make them more money EA probably can’t be arsed to improve it. I just hope EA listen to the people if anymore bugs/glitches appear in Pro Clubs, for example the 99 player glitch which completely ruined the game on 18. It was ridiculous the amount of times I came up against this problem.

• Like 2

Fifa is only ever going to be FUT for the immediate future with the odd Journey bit tacked on just to endorse / get endorsements from real footballers. 

I'm genuinely surprised by anyone still expecting ea to care about other modes. 

The amount they must earn from fifa points is sickening. 

19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You realise its EA who have twisted the game to be focused on the game mode due to it being the biggest money maker right?

Doesnt change the negative impact FUT’s had on FIFA, ever since it gained popularity in FIFA 13 the game’s overall quality declined, especially the stall Career Mode has gone under. It’s the only mode a decent portion of fans will pay and it’s changed so little since 12 what’s the point shelling out £50 for it?

12 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Doesnt change the negative impact FUT’s had on FIFA, ever since it gained popularity in FIFA 13 the game’s overall quality declined, especially the stall Career Mode has gone under. It’s the only mode a decent portion of fans will pay and it’s changed so little since 12 what’s the point shelling out £50 for it?

Pick PES instead, forget about FIFA if gameplay is all you care about. Not that difficult to make that choice. I don't think you'll regret it.

8 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

FUT was both a major breath of fresh air for the game giving it new life but also in the long run has made FIFA such a one dimensional game. Like you said, if you don't play FUT, then there's been very little change or improvement at all in Career mode or pro clubs. The Journey was an attempt to bring in something fresh, but they ended up tying that into FUT as well. 

I don't disagree with how EA are focusing too much on FUT, just with the fact the guy was blaming and venting at those who play FUT as the sole reason the games deteriorated and not that EA are simply money grabbing rather than actually improving the overall game.