Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

20 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

So undecided whether to actually actually go with Tah now or just pay 40k for Hummels.

Hummels looks like an absolute monster plus I have the coin to pay for him.

Discuss.

Tah may be a bit of a chore getting, but I think Leverkusen will go further in the Europa League, and thus his stats will increase, making him the monster Bundesliga CB in the process.

Especially given the pace and physical advantages over Hummels.

4 hours ago, Jordan said:

I’m risking opening myself up for ridicule here... but is my PS4 L stick f***ed?

When I take penalties, sometimes I can barely move the arrow in a certain direction, or can’t move it between the middle of the goal and the left post (all or nothing). It feels like I’m having to overcome something pushing back in the opposite direction.

When I take corners, sometimes I either can’t aim towards the back post, or whenever I try to hit it any farther than the middle of the area, my cursor pushes back.

Sometimes, players will just stop running when I’m controlling them and defending (usually when running back towards the left of my screen...also they’ll have had full stamina). Also, I’ve tried so hard to remember I have to keep the arrow going through the pass to keep it going where I want it to, yet sometimes, my passes go either far askew or even in the complete opposite direction.

I’d wonder if this has anything to do with players lacking attributes (I.e. it being very hard to control a penalty with a player with low PEN, a hard time placing corners for guys that suck at crossing, or more wayward passing for players with crap vision, short passing and control). But this even happens when I’m using guys like Gylfi and Santi Cazorla (ok not exactly Zidanes, but still very good, esp passing).

Is this just what the game is like and I suck at it, or is my controller really no good?

Have you noticed issues with other games? I found out my right trigger was never reaching 100% pressed from the calibration setup on a racing game.

4 hours ago, Jordan said:

I’m risking opening myself up for ridicule here... but is my PS4 L stick f***ed?

When I take penalties, sometimes I can barely move the arrow in a certain direction, or can’t move it between the middle of the goal and the left post (all or nothing). It feels like I’m having to overcome something pushing back in the opposite direction.

When I take corners, sometimes I either can’t aim towards the back post, or whenever I try to hit it any farther than the middle of the area, my cursor pushes back.

Sometimes, players will just stop running when I’m controlling them and defending (usually when running back towards the left of my screen...also they’ll have had full stamina). Also, I’ve tried so hard to remember I have to keep the arrow going through the pass to keep it going where I want it to, yet sometimes, my passes go either far askew or even in the complete opposite direction.

I’d wonder if this has anything to do with players lacking attributes (I.e. it being very hard to control a penalty with a player with low PEN, a hard time placing corners for guys that suck at crossing, or more wayward passing for players with crap vision, short passing and control). But this even happens when I’m using guys like Gylfi and Santi Cazorla (ok not exactly Zidanes, but still very good, esp passing).

Is this just what the game is like and I suck at it, or is my controller really no good?

All of what you describe is pretty much normal. It happens to me and I'm sure to others, too. I think it's supposed to add a bit to the realism in-game, insofar as that you shouldn't be able to have it too easy, because in the end, it's all a bit down to chance also.

It means you have to make a more conscious and more concentrated effort in getting dead ball situations and penalties right. Same goes for passing, the game would be too easy and unrealistic if every pass would reach its target straightaway.

Computer-controlled team mates are best passed to when they are in the middle or at the start of a run - you need to use their momentum here.

So I played five games this evening and did not finish a single one: it wasn’t rage quitting, it want ‘what’s the point quitting’.

The more I play this only football game on the market, the more I realise it is for people born after a certain year who have played it before they could talk.

i use L1 to change player as I have always used one button since I was a kid and played Kick Off on the Amiga. Sadly it is clear there is an advantage to people who use the other way of changing player. 

I dont mind someone practising at something and therefore getting better but don’t match them with me. Match me with the guys who played Dino Dini’s Kick off and like a simpler game. Pass, shoot, tackle and move is how football is played. I am sorry if I am a purist but if some young chap brought all his tricks on the pitch with me then the Vinnie Jones inside would come out and he would be stretchered off. 

Anyway, perhaps next year they can consider the fact that not all of us are gamer geeks and just want to play a football game without trying to be a flick up cock wipper! 

• Like 1

Thanks for the input... I've tried the HTML5 Gamepad Tester site, and while I am hitting +1.00 and -1.00 on the x- and y-axes for the R stick and the x-axis for the L stick, it's a lot harder for me to hit the perfect up and down on the L stick y-axis. It feels like I have to touch it slightly to the right to get +1.00/-1.00, if I can get there at all, so maybe my L stick is a little wonky.

I feel like crossing is a little more difficult to get right after this new update tonight.

Edited by Jordan

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Gonna be a tough decision on what rewards to take from rivals tomorrow. I just can’t bring myself to take the untradeables even though they’re the best packs. Coins are the safe bet I suppose

Depends whether you need the coin. If you’ve got coin or not looking to get anyone in particular then take the packs.

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I’ve never got coins lol

32 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Coins it is then lol

TBF the sensible option is coins but I can’t help the thought of packing someone good so I always go for packs lol

For what it's worth, I'd rather go with coins with the Division Rivals/FUT Champions rewards, because when talking about packs, you could equally try one of them League SBCs instead.

The probability of packing somebody good is likely as high. lol

• Thanks 1

Just a note: Some of these dynamic FUT Champions League cards can turn into dynamic Europa League cards, should teams such as Manchester United, Ajax Amsterdam, Olympique Lyonnais or even SSC Napoli or Liverpool finish 3rd in their respective group.

So, in any case - you win. One can expect all of these cards or the vast majority getting at least one upgrade as the season progresses.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

7F418C96-9E2B-4625-B396-F47B13E85875.jpeg.c685b70012990c5b758ecb97ebbadb12.jpeg

87 Reus. Thank you. lol

David Silva or El Shaarawy would be nice as part of the rewards tomorrow, EA.:whistle:

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd be happy with quite a few of the "starters" tbf. Almost all of them would get in a fitness team or be used as a sub somewhere. 

Nothing amazing but it's okay. 

I just know I’m gonna pack Firpo