Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WoodyFox

Brendan Rodgers

10 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

That seems a likely scenario however why would we sanction signings then if Puel is going to get ditched? Makes no sense.

Well, when big Nige left we had recently signed Fuchs, so it has been done before here.

I'd just be surprised it took this long, then again, it has taken this long to sell Mahrez :tumbleweed:and we all knew he was going..

Maybe renewals are not what the club was expecting:fishing:, maybe the players really wanted him gone, Maybe Puel was dating Pearsons daughter?

At the end of the day it is just a case of wait and see what happens:dunno:

16 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

That seems a likely scenario however why would we sanction signings then if Puel is going to get ditched? Makes no sense.

Cos they are players we need ????  In any case, If discussions are actually ongoing with anyone and at anything like an advanced stage then prospective signings would be passed by him. 

7 hours ago, STUHILL said:

The guy ruled himself out of consideration for Arsenal.  No chance he is coming here.

Because he had no chance of getting it so it looked good for him at Celtic to say that. Puel gone by end of June as I said elsewhere.

Despite working for the Sun, Alan Nixon is one of the top ITK with a good network of sources especially for Scottish football and lower leagues.

Don’t right off this rumour, even though it would seem a bit of a strange appointment.

9 minutes ago, JamesWelshFox said:

Don't trust anything written in the Sun.

I agree, I remember a few years ago some wench on page 3 saying she was working towards getting world peace amongst her other assets and that’s not happened yet.

• Haha 2

It would be a really ruthless decision by the owners, it's like holding onto a girlfriend but dumping her the moment you get a better offer.

As for the recruitment issue managers aren't that influential anymore. Yes they probably have the final say but the hard yards are done by the recruitment team, how much did Pearson know about Vardy and Mahrez or Ranieri about Kante? We've brought in players that were essential so far this season in Pereira and Evans.

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

Because he had no chance of getting it so it looked good for him at Celtic to say that. Puel gone by end of June as I said elsewhere.

The timing would be bizarre to say the least

Edited by foxfanazer

Our problems at this time relate mostly to the structure/make up of the team and the imminent loss of Mahrez which ever manager we have needs to resolve and it wont be easy. Changing managers in itself is not the solution even if you could guarantee Rodgers would be successful which you can't.

All this talk of managerial changes does nothing to improve our recruitment or any success we might achieve next season.

If the club are seriously thinking if ditching Puel at this time, and I'm not convinced then I really think they have lost the plot not because of any change but because of the timing and the inevitable uncertainty it causes.

It's starting to feel like we're back in the Mandaric era and that is one scary thought.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It would be a really ruthless decision by the owners, it's like holding onto a girlfriend but dumping her the moment you get a better offer.

As for the recruitment issue managers aren't that influential anymore. Yes they probably have the final say but the hard yards are done by the recruitment team, how much did Pearson know about Vardy and Mahrez or Ranieri about Kante? We've brought in players that were essential so far this season in Pereira and Evans.

Exactly. 

It is in all likelihood a bullshit story, but one if true, I would welcome with open arms.

If you think back to the bad end to the season when Puel was well under the hammer and reports of certain players not wanting to stay if Puel stays, poor communication, poor decisions ect we all expected him to go and as others have eluded to myself included, this hasn't changed surely? We may have been blinded by him not going yet or players being signed but no smoke without fire 

• Like 1