Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WoodyFox

Brendan Rodgers

20 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

That would make zero sence. Surely if you was going to bring in a new manager you would do it prior to any transfers. 

Fuchs came in before NP was sacked and Okazaki and Kante, who came in after, were lined up on NP/Walsh say so.

Ranieri needed a lot of convincing about Kante. He actually preferred Papa Mendy but had to wait a year for him.

As for Rodgers, yes please. An upgrade on Puel on several levels.

• Like 1

It’ll be a bit shitty and underhanded if suddenly we appoint Rodgers and Sack Puell if the press is to be believed, not long ago CP seemed to have the dreaded vote of confidence from the owners who’ve bought in Pereria and Evans also believed to be signing Maddison soon ?

So what’s going on in the places where the fans never see what’s actually going on in the LCFC boardroom is CP staying or if anything is to be believed in the daily scum etc we’re looking into hiring Wenger,Benitez and now Rodgers, Surely the club has to make a statement regarding the position Puell holds some want gone some say give him a transfer window bring his own players in give him till Christmas also makes you think for these recent signings are down to Puell or not been reported Periera signed for us because of CP?

Whatever the fact if City are to make a managerial change wouldn’t the decent thing to do is to either come out and publicly back CP or sack him sooner rather than later if the latter get the new boss in for this window to rebuild, either way LCFC keep the fans informed to either quash the rumours or let us know of the change !!

Edited by justfoxes

14 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

Why would he come to us, when hes at aclub that adore him, he gets European football every year, a cushy number why in his right mind would he come to us and risk ruining his future career 

If he believes in his managerial ability he’ll come here I think the premier league has more money and more of a pull than the group stages of the champions league.

28 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

It’ll be a bit shitty and underhanded if suddenly we appoint Rodgers and Sack Puell if the press is to be believed, not long ago CP seemed to have the dreaded vote of confidence from the owners who’ve bought in Pereria and Evans also believed to be signing Maddison soon ?

So what’s going on in the places where the fans never see what’s actually going on in the LCFC boardroom is CP staying or if anything is to be believed in the daily scum etc we’re looking into hiring Wenger,Benitez and now Rodgers, Surely the club has to make a statement regarding the position Puell holds some want gone some say give him a transfer window bring his own players in give him till Christmas also makes you think for these recent signings are down to Puell or not been reported Periera signed for us because of CP?

Whatever the fact if City are to make a managerial change wouldn’t the decent thing to do is to either come out and publicly back CP or sack him sooner rather than later if the latter get the new boss in for this window to rebuild, either way LCFC keep the fans informed to either quash the rumours or let us know of the change !!

They publically backed him before the end of the season. No need to do so again. If they can’t get anyone better then he keeps the gig. The papers will write stuff whether it has any basis or if doesn’t.  

7 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

No we haven't seen anything yet, that's why I'm saying he's not a top coach. It's been poor.

Which young players have improved for us? Gray and Chilwell have gone backwards. Iheanacho had a couple of decent games towards the end but he's been largely doggo as well. He's given other young players the odd game but they've not actually improved since he's been here. Neither has the team in general.

Southampton have a great record of unearthing young talent but they've stuttered in that regard in the last couple of seasons, coinciding with his time there. Maybe that's not his fault, and it might not be his fault our youngsters are crap, but you can't use it to defend him so far.

You're entitled to an opinion but you're basing your opinion on nothing. Since over 90% wanted him out after the West Ham game I'm pretty sure people want him to stay based on the Arsenal victory alone, which is ridiculous.

Chilwell and Iheanacho have improved along with NDiddi and Maguire. He's given Choudry and Barnes some game time and they are looking the better for it. Both playing for England under 21s   If you can't see that then maybe you might be following the wrong sport.

Southhampton, Didn't he take them to the league cup final and a Top half finish.  Neither Koeman nor Pochettino managed that.

He wouldn't have been my choice and I'm not saying he's perfect. But I do believe he can take us forward if given the chance.

He hasn't blown 200+ million like Rodgers at Liverpool, Wheras Puel's signings  albeit only 3 so far all look good signings. As do the reported targets we're after.

Your right most Fans are fickle and just want to see the team win which is understandable. I'll bet Southampyon Fans regret hounding him out and would gladly settle for Puels top half finish now. Instead of relegation. Hindsight can be wonderful.

Real and lasting progress takes time coupled with good Management, signings and a little luck.

I just feel having given him the job then we have to give him the time and a Window or two to see if he can improve our position.To do otherwise would be foolish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Fuchs came in before NP was sacked and Okazaki and Kante, who came in after, were lined up on NP/Walsh say so.

Ranieri needed a lot of convincing about Kante. He actually preferred Papa Mendy but had to wait a year for him.

As for Rodgers, yes please. An upgrade on Puel on several levels.

True but they never would've sacked Pearson if it weren't for his son's antics...

40 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

This would be massive 

he would be a fantastic signing 

Really? I just look at him and think ‘Muppet’ I don’t mind him as somebody elses’ Manager but as ours it’s a bit like the relief of taking off your Sweaty Puel pants but then being forced to wear somebody else’s soiled underwear called Brendan.

• Haha 3

Imo and especially as it came from the Sun newspaper its all absolute shite. As i'm sure city have just hired his assistant, for whom he was Puel's assistant at southampton. So to fire him would be a bit of a strange thing to do. For all those who want Puel out, to me it looks very likely he is going nowhere. But saying that stranger things have happend at this club of ours.

7 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Really? I just look at him and think ‘Muppet’ I don’t mind him as somebody elses’ Manager but as ours it’s a bit like the relief of taking off your Sweaty Puel pants but then being forced to wear somebody else’s soiled underwear called Brendan.

Who gives names to their underwear?

A bit weird, tbh, Swanny. 

I doubt this is true as the owners would have by acted by now if they were to move Puel on.

I find it strange though that this story has come out? 

Two wo points I am aware odd 

1. Agents and or clubs do create stories when contracts are about to be renewed etc for a fact. False bids go in also to inflate prices. Is Brendan due to have contract talks maybe? 

2. You only hear about 10% of what actually goes on. I once was privy to a list of players a manager was looking to sign in the summer, and only about 10% made it to the press. Some very interesting names were on it that you wouldn’t believe. 

This is one I think is wholly untrue and maybe one to get a few more quid for Brendan maybe in any future contract talks. 

Edited by Rob1742

10 hours ago, southfox66 said:

Why would he come to us, when hes at aclub that adore him, he gets European football every year, a cushy number why in his right mind would he come to us and risk ruining his future career 

Because no matter what you do in Scotland with Celtic, it will never be accepted as an achievement of any note by anyone outside of Scotland. To get a shot at a top premier league team again, I think he's need to come back to this country and do something with a premier league team.  Celtic can offer a lot that we can't, but they can't offer a competitive league for a manager to test themselves. That't the one reason to come here, but for someone who is ambitious I think it's a big one.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

It's a ridiculous rumor which makes no sense whatsoever. Can't believe some people are buying into it.

It wouldn't shock me one bit. The owners have shown that if they think something is in our best interests, then they will take action no matter how unpopular is odd it seems to the outside world.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It wouldn't shock me one bit. The owners have shown that if they think something is in our best interests, then they will take action no matter how unpopular is odd it seems to the outside world.

Yes and you might be right, but it doesn't add-up for me.