Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfccon

Spain sack manager

I actually think it's the right decision, him leaving will have definitely upset the balance in the dresser. If you didn't have a Madrid & Barca divide then you certainly would if he was picking Madridstas over Barca lads. It's a roll of the dice, but I think had they had kept him then they'd have basically just been happy with failure.You'd imagine they'd do what we done when Allardyce went, expect their U21s lad to be interim for the tournament

Edited by The Horse's Mouth

55 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

If there's a team at the tournament who don't actually need a manager it's Spain. Don't think this will hurt their chances much, if at all.

Yeah, it's not like there are tensions in that group of players or in Spain in general... :whistle:

5 minutes ago, shen said:

Yeah, it's not like there are tensions in that group of players or in Spain in general... :whistle:

Pretty sure Lopetagui was doing **** all to do with mainstream Spanish politics as part of his work to be honest.

7 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I actually think it's the right decision, him leaving will have definitely upset the balance in the dresser. If you didn't have a Madrid & Barca divide then you certainly would if he was picking Madridstas over Barca lads. It's a roll of the dice, but I think had they had kept him then they'd have basically just been happy with failure.You'd imagine they'd do what we done when Allardyce went, expect their U21s lad to be interim for the tournament

I wonder if the decision was taken at a side board meeting? Maybe he's going to come out of the closet?

I reckon Spain will still have something in their locker and might pick up a few drawers at the World Cup, but maybe nothing for their trophy cabinet.

• Like 1

Sergio Ramos in combative response shocker (Twitter):

"Somos la Selección, representamos un escudo, unos colores, una aficion, un país. La responsabilidad y el compromiso son con vosotros y por vosotros. Ayer, hoy y mañana, juntos: #VamosEspaña"

"We are the Spanish team. We represent a badge, colours, fans, a nation. We have and give responsibility and commitment. Yesterday, today and tomorrow, we are together. Come on, Spain!"

Edited by Alf Bentley

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Pretty sure Lopetagui was doing **** all to do with mainstream Spanish politics as part of his work to be honest.

Pretty sure (already reinforced by Fabregas) that politics was (and usually is) a big part in team selection, also under Lopetegui. It's common knowledge that things work like that in Spain.

39 minutes ago, shen said:

Pretty sure (already reinforced by Fabregas) that politics was (and usually is) a big part in team selection, also under Lopetegui. It's common knowledge that things work like that in Spain.

Certainly sounds like it from the Ramos quote above.

Wonder if they'll try and lure Vicent Del Bosque out of retirement to takeover for the world cup, but talk about short notice!

I bet Rafa Benitez wished he resigned sooner, can imagine he'll be favourite for the job after the tournament finishes. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

43 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Wonder if they'll try and lure Vicent Del Bosque out of retirement to takeover for the world cup, but talk about short notice!

I bet Rafa Benitez wished he resigned sooner, can imagine he'll be favourite for the job after the tournament finishes. 

Bit too late for that mate.

43 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

they've already said Alberto Celades and Fernando Hierro will take over.