Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Which Leicester games made you most excited and most depressed ?

I was looking at some off our play-off finals yesterday on you tube and the hairs were standing up again ! I'd have to say the most excited I've felt at a Leicester game was when Walshie scored at Wembley against Derby, I actually screamed in a high pitch voice for the first time in my life then burst into tears ! The relief of winning after the other play- off defeats was overwhelming.

Most depressed was definitely the defeat at Villa park against Spurs in 82, I never forgave Spurs until we beat them to the Prem title, now I just look down at them like little boys !

• Like 1

Most elated (in no particular order)

Ulloa's late goals against Norwich and West Ham.

Beating United 1-0 in 1998.

Winning away at QPR in 2009 (felt like we were 'back' after years in the wilderness)

Beating Liverpool 2-0 in 2016.

Many more...

Most depressed

The collapses against Wolves and Boro in 2003/04. The Boro one still makes me feel sick.

Losing 5-0 to Bolton on opening day.

Beckham's late equaliser in 1998, then Stephen Hughes doing a similar thing a couple of weeks later.

• Like 1

I think because I was much younger in both cases I'd have to say:

Most excited has to have been either Stevie Claridge's goal against Palace in extra time in the play off final or his winner in the League Cup replay v Boro.

Worst has to be when we came back from 3-0 down v Swindon only to lose 4-3 iin the playoff final. I think I was only about 8 or 9 and I cried all the way home. I was absolutely gutted lol

I think the 1-3 versus Man City has to be up there too. I watched it with my best mate and it was at that moment that we both thought 'shit, we could actually do this!'

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, bovril said:

Most elated (in no particular order)

Ulloa's late goals against Norwich and West Ham.

Beating United 1-0 in 1998.

Winning away at QPR in 2009 (felt like we were 'back' after years in the wilderness)

Beating Liverpool 2-0 in 2016.

Many more...

Most depressed

The collapses against Wolves and Boro in 2003/04. The Boro one still makes me feel sick.

Losing 5-0 to Bolton on opening day.

Beckham's late equaliser in 1998, then Stephen Hughes doing a similar thing a couple of weeks later.

picked out some great fixtures there. ones i had forgotten had made me so happy/sad were the QPR win in 2009, seems daft now that once upon a time that was a real big win for us. Also those bloody collapses! i saw the Wolves one coming as soon as they scored, but i remember listening to the Boro one on the radio - we really should have stayed up that year, we also collapsed to Bolton Away, Southampton at home, Everton away when we were a couple of goals up.

That loss against Bolton as well, that was horrible. 

I'd have to add Wycombe to the list as well, Roy Essandoh

21 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I think because I was much younger in both cases I'd have to say:

Most excited has to have been either Stevie Claridge's goal against Palace in extra time in the play off final or his winner in the League Cup replay v Boro.

Worst has to be when we came back from 3-0 down v Swindon only to lose 4-3 iin the playoff final. I think I was only about 8 or 9 and I cried all the way home. I was absolutely gutted lol

I think the 0-3 versus Man City has to be up there too. I watched it with my best mate and it was at that moment that we both thought 'shit, we could actually do this!'

1-3

My most exciting and depressing for the sheer magnitude of the games were Claridge Vs Palace last min play offs and Watford away with the D**ney goal (still never watched a replay of that to this day) - was at both games.

One win i really enjoyed was the 2nd leg 1-0 win against Villa to get us to the League cup final (Matt Elliott header) - Villa were a good side at the time and nobody gave us a chance, really savoured that.

Then we had a few really depressing results at Filbert Street toward the late 90s , i remember a couple of heavy losses to Derby and Coventry. Also an away loss to QPR in our first season back in the Prem (when Cambiasso scored) - not really sure why i was so gutted we lost that game but i remember going home feeling like it was the end of the world lol. Thats the beauty of football I think some games just really mean so much to you (which to the rest of the footballing world don't mean anything) just because its your club

Watford and Cardiff away worst two games I've ever been to, both games we were so near yet so far, and how quick elation turned to agony just made it worse. Closely followed by stoke away. I think most were expecting it but it was still bad. 

58 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I think the 0-3 versus Man City has to be up there too. I watched it with my best mate and it was at that moment that we both thought 'shit, we could actually do this!'

And then we didn't lol Jordan Stewart scored a cracker that day.

• Haha 2

Leicester 0-5 Bolton 

Leicester 0-5 Aston Villa 

Pretty sure that villa game was 0-0 at half time as well. 

Most of the games in the 2003-04 season were pretty shite. Then the mediocrity that followed for the next few years after that. 

On the flip side (and in no order)

The 3-2 against villa after going down 2-0 in the second half, and winning it in stoppage time as well. That's what football is all about. 

The Champions League games. All of them were incredible. What a moment. What a journey we had.

5-3 against Utd stands out like a sore thumb though. Unreal performance and turnaround. 

Most elated

Wembley 96 (attended) - absolutely made my childhood. I can still quote the commentary!

Sevilla 16 (attended) - stunning atmosphere, amazing achievement.

Man City away - we were on our way to the title!

Man Utd 5-3 - I was in such a seriously low depressed state this game genuinely saved my life. Even better, I was sitting next to an arrogant Glory Hunter acquaintance of 20 years in the pub.

Man City 4-2 home - we were back! Briefly.

Most depressed

Stoke 0-0. Had a very long drive.

Deeney Day - devastating 30 seconds.

Arsenal on Valentines Day - took me about a week to recover. 

Claudio's last 2 months.

Edited by urban.spaceman

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Most depressed

The collapse against Boro in 2003/04. The Boro one still makes me feel sick.

Was that where we were 3-1 up in stoppage time and still didn't win? That season in a microcosm - seem to remember that if results were as the scores were at 80 minutes that season we'd have qualified for Europe. Might be an exaggeration but we threw away so many leads that season

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Was that where we were 3-1 up in stoppage time and still didn't win? That season in a microcosm - seem to remember that if results were as the scores were at 80 minutes that season we'd have qualified for Europe. Might be an exaggeration but we threw away so many leads that season

Middlesborough 

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Yes, that's the one. I think we would've been 8th or something without the late goals. Some of the blame has to go on Adams for some of his late substitutions. 

Guest Markyblue

Losing to spuds at villa park in semi. Beating derby in playoff final.but greatest lcfc moment ever happened with us not playing when my favourite little Belgian reduced me to tears.

How the fvck has Stoke '08 not been mentioned yet?

Fvcking awful game to witness at the time especially as we played so well and still came out relegated. Proper gutted for a month after that.

Most elated 

The play off win over Palace. Spider Kalac coming on must have scared Claridge into life. 

The League Cup replay win over Middlesbrough. 

Leicester 5-2 Sunderland (March? 2000) what if we had kept the Collymore and Heskey partnership? 

Leicester 5-3 Man Utd. 

Man City 1-3 Leicester 

Most depressed

Losing to Wycombe. Not just the result, what happened after. Taylor's faults showed with a terrible run and he should have been booted at the end of the season.

Leicester 0-5 Bolton. Yet that twat Taylor was kept on and this happened. 

Deeney Day 

Palace 5-0 Leicester. How embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Watford and Cardiff away worst two games I've ever been to, both games we were so near yet so far, and how quick elation turned to agony just made it worse. Closely followed by stoke away. I think most were expecting it but it was still bad. 

53 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Most elated

Wembley 96 (attended) - absolutely made my childhood. I can still quote the commentary!

Sevilla 16 (attended) - stunning atmosphere, amazing achievement.

Man City away - we were on our way to the title!

Man Utd 5-3 - I was in such a seriously low depressed state this game genuinely saved my life. Even better, I was sitting next to an arrogant Glory Hunter acquaintance of 20 years in the pub.

Man City 4-2 home - we were back! Briefly.

Most depressed

Stoke 0-0. Had a very long drive.

Deeney Day - devastating 30 seconds.

Arsenal on Valentines Day - took me about a week to recover.

15 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Fvcking awful game to witness at the time especially as we played so well and still came out relegated. Proper gutted for a month after that.

just the 2 times ;) 

25 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Maybe because we knew before the game we would get **** all 

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

just the 2 times ;) 

Fair, shows me right for skimming through lol

1 minute ago, lestajigs said:

Maybe because we knew before the game we would get **** all 

Didn't make official relegation any easier, especially when it looked like being Southampton for while.

We had a couple of decent chances to win it as well if I remember correctly.

Swindon play off was the worst having got level and the sense of euphoria , only to lose!!, best would have to be when we got the trophy against everton or when we beat man utd 5-3 the stadium was shaking!!, sobbed when hazard equalised against spurs mind.

Depressed - Deeney Day. Felt like we would never get promoted after that one. I only saw this at the pub, so god knows what it was like for the blue army that saw this one live. Mega depressing.

Excited - Man Ctiy 1-3 away as others have said. Was at the match and it was one of the best days of my life. After the third one went in, Fuchs came running over to the fans and started shouting "****ing hell! ****ing hell!" with excitement. People were falling over on the steps and drinks going everywhere. Just an incredible performance from the boys and literally the moment when it felt like dreams could come true. Sevilla at home and Man City home were close, but this one felt truly special.

Going down v Stoke the only thing we could truly be proud of was not going down into the third tier and we did that day.Still only 70% over that.Swindon 93,had a bag on for days about that one.People were actually celebrating what a great game it was and that we should be proud.We was robbed.

Forest away 2002 and the last minute equaliser.Well after 79 minutes of extra time and twenty successive corners.Would have been the first time we beat them there in the league in my life time and we were still in administration and all that.I was in a state of shocked rage after that one.