Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Which Leicester games made you most excited and most depressed ?

Knocky scoring that 95th minute winner away to Forest in the last game of the season to put us in the playoffs and the scenes that followed were incredible! 

To experience such a high moment and then a matter of days later experience such a devastating low moment at Watford completely broke me to the point of depression.

After a few months of not watching a single game of football I eventually pulled it together in time to see the start of the greatest sporting fairytale ever!

.....and people say it’s just a game

• Like 2

:D:D:D

Wembley, Palace, Claridge's shin and all that... I screamed, I jumped, I hugged strangers, I moved three rows forward. I lost my specs.

Special mention for that sublime passage of play at home against Liverpool 2015/16, where, already ahead, we popped it around, we buzzed like flies, they had no answer and we could and should have scored an unbelievable team goal. 

I was pinching myself. I was so excited about what we'd become.

:(:(:(

Kermogant at Cardiff. Why, Yann? Why?

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I know a lot of you mentioned the "Deeney" playoff, but I was lucky enough to miss that game. 

I was at a wedding in Greece, with terrible phone reception. I was told later that day that we'd lost and I kind of sighed in resignation "oh well", without knowing the full gory details.

Only when I got back home and I logged on here and then saw the "highlights" did it occur to me that I had been lucky enough to miss one of THE horror moments in our history.

I'd been fuming before the game that I was going to miss it, as well.

Definitely Deeney day. To have been so close to scoring and then have all hope torn from you, it was devastating. The ref had also given out so many yellows it was tendor hooks. 

Best one.... I'm going for the Everton game. The atmosphere before the game, the buzz during it, the Everton fans being amazing too ( singing and celebrating with us, I had to go in the away end)  it was just like one huge Carnival of joy. I'll never forget crying that day, when Wes lifted the trophy.  (Awww still gives me goosebumps) 

For personal reasons, the 3-2 vs Spurs where De Vreis scored is also special. It was the last game I watched with an old friend who passed away not long after. I'll never forget how we both went mental when De Vreis popped it in. 

Apart from all the already said obvious ones..I want to put Chelsea this year in Fa cup.

I was pissed off way we blew that. One step away from a far cup semi. Chelsea weren't playing well around that time either and we didn't test them enough. Real opportunity missed and even more so after going out the league cup to Man City U23s.

Knew Chelsea would get Soton in semi finals as well....

Most of those mentioned, the two play off semi finals in particular but also a grim defeat to Rotherham one Boxing Day 2003/4 proper spoilt my Christmas.

Still p!sses off about the Arsenal defeat on Valentine's Day.

Beating Forest to get in the play offs was a highlight. 

Derby in the play offs always up there. 

The Man City game. 

The Man Utd game. 

Seville in the Champions League. 

Everton for the pure emotion of it all. 

Edited by FoyleFox

I still hurt from the loss to Spurs in the 1961 FA cup final, running it a very close 2nd is the 0-0 at Stoke that saw us relegated to the third tier for the first time ever.

The away win at Manchester City is probably the most exciting result, as it was the moment the some of the pundits realised we were going to do the "impossible" and win the league. Also felt particularly elated when we beat Swansea 4-0 without Vardy because of his suspension....I was one of the many that thought "we're fcucked without Vardy".

I took the 2-1 FA Cup defeat at Millwall (1990?) particularly badly, due to the suicidal nature of it and the environment of the location. 

Although I attended the Man City away 3-1 win, my joy was tempered by having to keep very quiet throughout, sitting amongst the grumpy home fans. So I'll go for Seville at home, with an honourable mention for Madrid away, as the whole event was pretty exciting even if the match wasn't. 

21 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

How the fvck has Stoke '08 not been mentioned yet?

Fvcking awful game to witness at the time especially as we played so well and still came out relegated. Proper gutted for a month after that.

Got to be every City fans worst moment surely as first time relegated to third tier of English football in our history

on the excited side of things Man City away 1-3 in title season obviously and probably Swansea at home when we beat them and were almost mathematically there :appl:

I found a lot of early 16/17 very demoralising. The Hull, Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea defeats all let us know that we had blown our chance of staying near the top of the league. The feeling that we experienced from February to May 2016 seemed a depressingly long way away. 

Most exciting games:

Beating Everton 3-1 at home before lifting the Premier League trophy

Beating Liverpool 2-0 at home (with THAT goal from Vardy)

Chelsea FC 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur

Beating Bolton thanks to Dyer's goal, the game that sealed promotion back to the Premier League after 10 years of absence

Knockaert's last-gasp winner at the City Ground, sending us into the Championship playoffs

Beating Leeds in League One, never knew the stadium could shake that much!

Beating Manchester United 5-3

Beating Sunderland 5-2

Schmeichel earning us a draw at home against Yeovil

The away experience at Hereford

Maxi's late equalizer against MK Dons

The FA Cup experience over two legs against Manchester City (Sol, Sol Bamba!)

Beating Tottenham in the FA Cup 3-2 (Mark DeVries!)

Leading Chelsea 3-2 at Stamford Bridge in the League Cup with a rather underwhelming line-up

The FA Cup experience at Stamford Bridge, despite losing 5-2 against the hosts

Beating Bolton 5-3 after being 3-1 down

The 2016-17 pre-season (Barcelona, Celtic, PSG)

The Champions League experience on the whole, topped by beating Sevilla

Most disappointing games:

Losing to Wolves 4-3 after a 3-0 lead

The Stoke draw that sent us down to League One

Losing 1-0 to Millwall in the FA Cup under Ranieri (Molla Wagué...)

The two UEFA Cup matches against Atlético in 1997-98

Losing 5-0 to Bolton on the opening day of the 2001-2002 season

Losing 6-1 to Ipswich in 2002-2003

Losing 6-1 to Portsmouth under Paulo Sousa

Losing 6-1 to Tottenham in the Premier League

Getting beat 5-0 at home by Crystal Palace under Puel, pinnacle of our abysmal second half last season

Losing at home to Wycombe in the FA Cup

Losing to Watford in the Championship playoffs

Losing to Cardiff in the Championship playoffs

Losing 2-1 at Hull on the opening day of the 2016-2017 season, set the tone for the rest of the campaign

THAT away game at Villa Park in 2014-2015, one of the worst games I've ever seen from us under Pearson

The Atlético Madrid away game in the Champions League, felt we were robbed again

20 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Most exciting games:

Beating Everton 3-1 at home before lifting the Premier League trophy

Beating Liverpool 2-0 at home (with THAT goal from Vardy)

Chelsea FC 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur

Beating Bolton thanks to Dyer's goal, the game that sealed promotion back to the Premier League after 10 years of absence

Knockaert's last-gasp winner at the City Ground, sending us into the Championship playoffs

Beating Leeds in League One, never knew the stadium could shake that much!

Beating Manchester United 5-3

Beating Sunderland 5-2

Schmeichel earning us a draw at home against Yeovil

The away experience at Hereford

Maxi's late equalizer against MK Dons

The FA Cup experience over two legs against Manchester City (Sol, Sol Bamba!)

Beating Tottenham in the FA Cup 3-2 (Mark DeVries!)

Leading Chelsea 3-2 at Stamford Bridge in the League Cup with a rather underwhelming line-up

The FA Cup experience at Stamford Bridge, despite losing 5-2 against the hosts

Beating Bolton 5-3 after being 3-1 down

The 2016-17 pre-season (Barcelona, Celtic, PSG)

The Champions League experience on the whole, topped by beating Sevilla

Most disappointing games:

Losing to Wolves 4-3 after a 3-0 lead

The Stoke draw that sent us down to League One

Losing 1-0 to Millwall in the FA Cup under Ranieri (Molla Wagué...)

The two UEFA Cup matches against Atlético in 1997-98

Losing 5-0 to Bolton on the opening day of the 2001-2002 season

Losing 6-1 to Ipswich in 2002-2003

Losing 6-1 to Portsmouth under Paulo Sousa

Losing 6-1 to Tottenham in the Premier League

Getting beat 5-0 at home by Crystal Palace under Puel, pinnacle of our abysmal second half last season

Losing at home to Wycombe in the FA Cup

Losing to Watford in the Championship playoffs

Losing to Cardiff in the Championship playoffs

Losing 2-1 at Hull on the opening day of the 2016-2017 season, set the tone for the rest of the campaign

THAT away game at Villa Park in 2014-2015, one of the worst games I've ever seen from us under Pearson

The Atlético Madrid away game in the Champions League, felt we were robbed again

That's a lot of highs and lows !!

Most excited - beating Man Utd 5-3 at home, easily. Greatest match I've ever witnessed and I'll never forget as long as I live.

Although, the greatest moment was when Andrea Bocelli (my favourite Opera singer) sang at our ground, the day we were crowned Champions of England. Really encapsulated the fairytale and no one can ever take that away from us. Still brings a smile to my face.

Most depressed - Either;

1. WYCOMBE!!!

2. Watford away in the Play-offs (to lose how we did)

3. Wolves away, 3-0 up at half time... well, let's not talk about (or),

4. That sad day at Stoke, although, it can now be seen as a blessing in disguise.

Plenty of other special moments as a kid though, especially those League Cup wins under MON.

Edited by Robin JD Popley

So, so many games but its the ones that stick in the memory I guess due to the atmosphere, tension or sheer quality of play or even freak events.

The play off against Tranmere at home to get to the final against Derby, one of my old mates shouted stuff about the Scots at Nevin but Speedie was warming up, thought it was directed at him and he did not look happy, was then put on, we scored followed by a big flare up and red cards were shown. Since they had been time wasting and it was getting frustrating it felt oh so good, the atmosphere was incredible too.

The West Ham game in the title winning season where Vardy was sent off was tense, I actually lost my composure for one of the few times ever and was mouthing expletives at the Hammers fans and the ref when they scored again but it was so sweet when Ulloa equalised, that was the day I knew we would definitely win the title.

The Manchester United game where we came back to beat them 5-3, when Cambi scored the third, the roof almost blew off the stadium, it was friggin amazing.

When we were beaten heavily by Portsmouth at home during the play off winning season under Little, that was just a depressing game, when the power went out we were hoping the game would be called off but nope, they got the power back on and then right at the end of the match on the way out it chucked it down.

Gotta be one of two play-off semi-finals.... Beating Cambridge 5-0. This is still one of the greatest displays I have witnessed from a City team. And it was the day that solidified my love of the club for life. 

David Speedie’s winner against Tranmere is also right up there. What a night; standing in the Kop at Filbert Street. Nixon being sent-off. Nevin going in goal. Fantastic atmosphere.

Worst feeling was losing to that dodgy decision and that crappy Bodin penalty at Wembley. From elation when Thompson stroked in the equalizer to dejection.

Edited by chicagofox