Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Adrien Silva - Galatasaray

Just now, Babylon said:

Indeed... I did specify Leicester and not the Shire.

Oh, well in that case you are 100% correct ? 

You don't need to live in the city to play for Leicester though. And a vast majority of places are within half an hour drive of Leicester. 

2 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Leicestershire is one of the nicest counties in the country. You could do a lot worse than living around here. Quorn for example, is a beautiful village. And there is many more in Leicestershire just like it. 

Completely agree, I think we need to differentiate between Leicester ‘city’ and Leicester ‘shire’. A lot city centres in the UK are dumps embedded within some of the most beautiful countryside in the world. 

• Like 2

Just now, psychonaut said:

Completely agree, I think we need to differentiate between Leicester ‘city’ and Leicester ‘shire’. A lot city centres in the UK are dumps embedded within some of the most beautiful countryside in the world. 

If I was a millionaire footballer on the verge of signing for Leicester, I wouldn't even be viewing houses in the City. I'd be scoping out places like Quorn and Newtown Linford. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Oh, well in that case you are 100% correct ? 

You don't need to live in the city to play for Leicester though. And a vast majority of places are within half an hour drive of Leicester. 

Can I just point out that it was the wolves fan who brought up living in "Leicester" not me.

I still remember him shitin on Modric when playing against Real

did not really like his role at WC,even tho he made 100+  passes in one game,none of them made any sense tbh.Carvalho was main man in midfield,Silva was just a ball boy.When Portugal made first subb against Urugay,it was obvious Adrien was going to bench.At leicester he has to be that Carvalho guy,i hope he will be way better then he was last season.good to see him training hard

Edited by tsintskaro

24 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If we'd watched him in the World Cup after signing him this summer we'd be raving about him. The busiest player in the Portugal team and kept the team ticking over and would be ideal alongside Ndidi as they compliment each other well with Silva having a bit more quality on the ball.

It's another reason why I wouldn't want Drinkwater here as I believe Ndidi and Silva should be given the chance to form a partnership and become our first pick midfielders as they're streets ahead of anything else we have. It will be good to watch Silva come into the squad on an equal footing to everyone else this summer rather than last year's debacle when he joined mid season and not match fit. 

This is true. He was however very lateral in his passing for Portugal. I'm not too worried about that, as an certain he was simply following instructions. 

I don't know  whether I have 'small club' mentality but I  don't feel comfortable having a large wage earner not playing. i'd prefer to get rid. That's not to say he coudnt be amazing for us but I'm more bothered about cost of bench/  unhappy players.

Cant quite shake the Pleat years lol

3 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

What is it with Leicester bashing? There are lovely parts of every city in the world and shitty parts too

like living somewhere like Wolver fvcking Hampton would suddenly transform your life? Fvck off

Hahahaha. Not sure I've ever seen such an angry post from you. Give it to 'em Bob. (Says the bloke living in Somerset).

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Max Wall said:

Hahahaha. Not sure I've ever seen such an angry post from you. Give it to 'em Bob. (Says the bloke living in Somerset).

Lol lol honestly I’m a really placid bloke @Max Wall it just really grips my shite when folk talk like Leicester is the grottiest place on earth (granted it’s got its limits lol ) 

Somerset is lovely to be fair

• Like 1

Just now, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Lol lol honestly I’m a really placid bloke @Max Wall it just really grips my shite when folk talk like Leicester is the grottiest place on earth (granted it’s got its limits lol ) 

Somerset is lovely to be fair

I know that Bob, hence my surprise. It looked more like my type of post after 10 ciders!

(Though I think I've learned my lesson now:) )

Keep it up mate, we all need defending at times, especially our home town.

A name change to Bob Rottweiler Fox might be more appropriate now though. :thumbup:

• Haha 1