Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

World Cup TV Coverage. ITV or BBC or R5/TalkSport

World Cup TV Coverage. ITV or BBC or R5/TalkSport  

88 members have voted

1. 1. As the title explains...

• BBC
    • ITV
    • Radio 5
    • TalkSport

I have had to change my morning wake up station on my radio alarm. There's no way I can start the day listening to the Robbie Savage breakfast show.

The most intelligent,  informative pundit is stuck on 5 Live.

Pat Nevin.

Edited by boots60
  • Like 1

It's a pity BBC didn't get Tim Vickery as a TV pundit this time round. Mina Rzouki would have been a good addition too, very straight talking. I'll be listening to most of the matches on R5live over the next few days, so hopefully they'll both make an appearance on there.

• Like 1

Finding the advertless ITV pretty amusing during the breaks, Roy Keane is getting smothered in make-up and you wouldnt believe the amount of staff they've got going around doing all sorts of weird stuff around the pundits feet

ITV have the much more opinionated pundits. Hated Gary Neville as a player but he says it as it is and more often than not, I agree with him. I also find Bilic very reasoned and a fantasticly informative former player. I also quite enjoy Roy Keane's sarcastic viewpoint. Wrighty is overly excitable, but you can't have everything. BBC's pundits are poor in comparison.

Edited by Max Wall

I just hate analysis full stop regardless of if they have a dick or not. It's easy to have an answer to everything when you have hours (in the case of MOTD) to let somebody else dig through a load of videos picking up on something happening a whole two times in the game and making it out to be solely responsible for whatever it is they're arguing about.

They speak as though they never put a foot wrong or in the case of a manager-turned-pundit, were tactically astute 100% of every match.

Call me petty but Gary Neville for instance when he turned the League Cup final into everything about himself with all his 'extremely vicious' Arsenal comments, I remember him saying that no footballer should ever walk on a football pitch. Was watching a classic Man City thrashing at Old Trafford recently and saw him get mugged in the corner and as the attacker made his way into the box, Neville got back up and just strolled casually back in.

• Like 1

ITV. They’ve got far better pundits this time around, their intro pisses all over the BBC’s too.

It’s become a football cliche to dislike their coverage, but it’s become infinitely better since they ditched Adrian Chiles and their production is top class.

Clive Tyldesley is great, but on the whole the BBC have the better commentators.

Edited by RoboFox

16 hours ago, RoboFox said:

ITV. They’ve got far better pundits this time around, their intro pisses all over the BBC’s too.

It’s become a football cliche to dislike their coverage, but it’s become infinitely better since they ditched Adrian Chiles and their production is top class.

Clive Tyldesley is great, but on the whole the BBC have the better commentators.

said no one. ever. ever.

• Like 2

BBC purely for the no adverts, ITV for punditry. If Jonathan Pearce & Mark Lawrenson do a game together, I'm cancelling my TV licence. Mind you, Clive Tyledsley is a joke as well.

Ian Dowie commentating on Serbia v Costa Rica was great though, he's got no clue about England, nevermind those two.

25 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Ferdinand is a good pundit.

I think Rio is great. Always has something interesting to say and seems genuinely passionate about the game.

On the flipside, I listened to Dion Dublin co-commentating on the Belgium game and he sounds like he should be taken for an HIA as soon as possible.

Edited by Paddy.

I like Kilbane, easy to listen too. He's a bit safe perhaps but the biggest thing for me when it comes to pundits is that they don't wind me up.

Ally McCoist and Jon Champion are fun together, Adam Hurrey nailed it by saying they're like a grandson and grandad

Edited by Wookie