Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

According to a Norwich fan Maddison doesn’t get into the box often and prefers to create. 

If we are switching to a back 3 (sorry to bring that up again), then the 3 attackers we have need to be able to stretch defences and get into the box to be a goal threat. (Roberts, Vardy, Gray?)

So maybe Maddison could be utilised like how Dele Alli is for England? Not a natural CM, but someone who can slot in there and be given the freedom to roam forward and support the attack because he has 3 CB’s behind him and a defensive mid next to him doing the dirty work. (Henderson for Alli, Ndidi for Maddison).

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1

On 30/06/2018 at 01:19, YorkshireYellow said:

We should have qualified for Europe 3 times in 5 years, but Liverpool fans messed that up when they got British teams disqualified from European competition due to Heysel. So we only qualified once. 

It all revolved around Crook and his genius string pulling in centre midfield.

He was a tiny skinny little thing who didn't look like he should be a footballer, but he had every pass you can think of in the locker like a little runty Pirlo. 

Four Four Two magazine did a poll when people still bought magazines in 2001 and Ian Crook was voted one of the best players never to have played for England, so unless half of their readership was in Norfolk.... it must have been recognised at the time or a few years after the fact, just long since forgotten. 

Oh and can I tell you what is REALLY annoying? When you are supping a pint in Tenerife or stuck next to some chatty bloke on the train and a fan of some other team says "Oh yeah Norwich, you used to be good" and then they'll reel off the names of a few players. If they are 40 to 50 it is always Bryan Gunn, which is fair enough, then its always bloody Jeremy Goss because he scored a few worldies in really important games, including the last ever goal in front of the original Kop at Anfield and in the game where we were the only British team to ever beat Bayern Munich in their old stadium. 

The thing is.... Goss was actually bang average player who could hardly ever get in our side and hardly ever got picked by Wales, spent most of the time on the be bench and averaged about 15 games a season.... and Ian Crook did over 500 games for us in 11 years I think. 

Annoying as **** that, considering how many brilliant players we actually had between 1985 and 1995, including centre midfielders. Steve Bruce another who should have won England caps.

Mark Bowen was another cracking player for us from that Gunn/Crook/Fox/Sutton era.... Goss was second rate compared with those lot. 

Then the chairman started selling off the family silver, and it all went t*ts up and we've been rubbish ever since. 

It was all about Kevin Drinkle!

what happened to him?I’m sure he used to score loads.

Roy Waller loved him( One for the East Anglia folk)

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's the answer to England's number 10 problems.

If he hits the ground running I'd expect him to be in contention.

He likes to come deep and get involved with the build up, which is good. But if he does drop deep we need runners going past him, so Vardy doesn’t get isolated.

Johnson, Elder, Diabate & Gray have done well this half to create width and provide an option in between the lines when Maddison does drop deep. Would like one of them to provide an option in behind, which of course Vardy would provide if he was playing.

So far the signs are positive. I can see Maddison/Silva linking up well and playing one-twos to slice through the oppositions midfield when they sit deep.

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shane said:

He likes to come deep and get involved with the build up, which is good. But if he does drop deep we need runners going past him, so Vardy doesn’t get isolated.

Johnson, Elder, Diabate & Gray have done well this half to create width and provide an option in between the lines when Maddison does drop deep. Would like one of them to provide an option in behind, which of course Vardy would provide if he was playing.

So far the signs are positive. I can see Maddison/Silva linking up well and playing one-twos to slice through the oppositions midfield when they sit deep.

Nah his apsolute dogshit get rid 

:revenge:

• Like 1

On 15 July 2018 at 10:05, cambridgefox said:

A strange coincidence. A workmate who is a Grimsby fan is leaving so I've produced for him a P*** taking "Legends of Grimsby" booklet (didn't need many pages). This involved researching Drinkell, prolific scorer for Grimsby from late 70's to mid 80's then Norwich. What I had forgotten was his £650,000 move to Rangers but his appearances there were limited due to the competition in the squad and he ended up at Falkirk. He was also wanted by Fergie at United in his early days there!  And as for Tony Ford I could write a biography!

Edited by fazzyfox
  • Like 1

On 15/07/2018 at 10:05, cambridgefox said:

Kevin Drinkell became a football agent and is currently a Mercedes Benz salesman.

The late Roy Waller was almost certainly the inspiration behind Alan Partridge! 

Edited by YorkshireYellow
  • Like 1