Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

A problem we will have this season is how to get him into the game. He barely touched the ball in the first 30 minutes versus Wolves but once he got on the ball he made things happen. That is the case for any team in the world who plays with a 10 and it’s quite a nice problem to have. The key will be passing and understanding between the midfield two and him. I thought he was building a good relationship with Silva but he was dropped (which was vindicated). Hopefully whoever is in the team can click with him. 

I think it’s important to note that this side has not had much time at all to play with one another. The more time and training games we play the better we’ll look. If Madders and Ricardo look this good already we could be flying by the time we get to Christmas. 

exactly

Chilwell gave him ball,Neves fouled and after that free kick everything went wrong for Wolves and first goal was scored 

Mendy was very good but he still lacks confidence,he was not going in,always looking for a pass and this pass was never for Maddison 

Edited by tsintskaro

On 16/08/2018 at 13:57, RumbleFox said:

I'm almost 40 and feel the same, I've lost touch. Young Farthers are very very good and I like St Vincent but other than that I have no idea. Don't get me wrong I loved all that stuff and my post, as always, was slightly tongue in cheek. The Strokes (although later) were truly phenomenal and I think arcade fire were amazing. Loved St Etienne by the way, great voice. I just never want to be THAT GUY - still in his Fred perry and with a Gallagher hairstyle in my 50s talking about the good old days. Music should move on, modern music is not for us, we are irrelevant but sure there must be lots of good stuff out there. Personally I don't like oasis but music is subjective and personal which is what makes it great. I pretty much listen to an endless loop of velvet underground, dexys, Scott walker and Roy Orbison so I'm waaaaay out of touch. Quite like perfume genius and he is pretty new. That is about as down with the kids as I get.

Anyway........ Maddison gonna be a star. X 

and Johnny Cash :-)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Well it was a nice 25 years but sadly my association with Leicester City Football Club must end. It's been a good one. Cheers everybody. Bye. X 

take care!!!!

11 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

It just makes my skin crawl. It is clearly the younger lads emulating the England team. 

Don't aim to be Ali and Kane. 

yeah they could at least try and be original, my money is on him and chilwell having a passionate kiss after his next goal? “bros”

Edited by shade

21 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Well it was a nice 25 years but sadly my association with Leicester City Football Club must end. It's been a good one. Cheers everybody. Bye. X

Why wouldn't young footballers go on a scouting mission? The girls are blatantly all going to end up being wags, probably taking bets on which one will shag a Leicester player first. 

Edited by YorkshireYellow

32 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

It makes your skin crawl to see our players celebrating a goal they have scored for us?

I suggest you should probably get a grip tbh 

No. That isn't what I meant at all. The younger generation of England players IE - Chilwell a Maddison emulating the over-elaborate handshake of Ali and Kane makes 'my skin crawl' (a common idiom meaning to be displeased) because they're two serial nearly rans. That and it looks stupid. 

Is that enough? I would suggest you shut your mouth and poke your beak in where it's required. Your reply was needlessly inflammatory. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, brucey said:

Seemed like he had too many ideas of what he wanted to do for a goal celebration so just did them all lol

1st part - Squatting? No idea what that's meant to represent? (Edit: Just realised it's most likely teabagging............ :facepalm:)

2nd part - Excessively elaborate secret handshake

3rd part - Wolf howl, presumably referring to that card game they are still obsessed with, rather than a taunt to the Wolves opposition.

Haha i had to rewind it a few times to see the handshake razamatazz in full flow. 

I thought the wolf howl was a taunt at the wolves lot.

Anyone else get reminded a bit of beckham with maddison? He has that boyish swagger that becks had. Maybe just me though..!

Quality player, he makes a lot of space for himself.

7 hours ago, smr said:

Haha i had to rewind it a few times to see the handshake razamatazz in full flow. 

I thought the wolf howl was a taunt at the wolves lot.

Anyone else get reminded a bit of beckham with maddison? He has that boyish swagger that becks had. Maybe just me though..!

Quality player, he makes a lot of space for himself.

Cue the movie.. 

'move it like Maddison '?

• Haha 1

He’s yoing and having a laugh . I’d rather see him enjoying it than being some sulky sod when he’s scored . Also we’ve all done stupid stuff when younger and anyone who says other wise is a liar . Christ I can remember when the Budweiser advert first came out and you couldn’t meet your mates in the pub without one or more shouting whatsupp in that rather  annoying voice . It will soon pass like the maniquine challenge did  so will these  silly handshakes. 

Edited by baldeagle

On 20/08/2018 at 00:22, brucey said:

Seemed like he had too many ideas of what he wanted to do for a goal celebration so just did them all lol

1st part - Squatting? No idea what that's meant to represent? (Edit: Just realised it's most likely teabagging............ :facepalm:)

2nd part - Excessively elaborate secret handshake

3rd part - Wolf howl, presumably referring to that card game they are still obsessed with, rather than a taunt to the Wolves opposition.

Thought he was a total bellend for doing that. I hate it when the spurs players do their stupid handshakes as well.

But what a hero for helping out that little girl.

Edited by Abrasive fox

Guest MattP

He really has a lot of talent and I hope we get to see him reach his potential. 

Really hope the stuff from this on ongoing court case isn't true, best for him if he keeps away from anything like this now, the current England side finally seem to be managing it and he might be joining them.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/crime/james-maddisons-friend-punched-man-1-5659677

Edited by MattP