Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Do you read every post you like fully? Or on occasion do you simply like a post your friend has put up? 

No but if I knew I’d dissapointed 1000’s of people I probably would think twice about it. Like I said, I wasn’t annoyed by it, I just wondered if he actually gave a sh!t about the people who’d just paid to watch us get turned over by Spurs. 

It’s pretty obvious that Maddison is an annoying little twerp. But remember they’re the new generation of kids. Most of us would be laughed at and mocked if we ever attempted to do anything close to some lame handshake with our mates. We live in a different limp wristed world now where blokes in their 20’s tickle each other’s fingers and do little dance moves when playing football. 

Edited by Master Fox
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

It makes me laugh that no matter what players do, they seem to get defended. 

Is it the worst thing in the world to be stood on a pitch minutes after losing and be laughing and joking with the opposition? No. Is it the worst thing in the world to be liking an opposition players post celebrating their win over us? No. 

But what it does do is show a complete disregard for the fans. The fact it's now accepted is worse. 

Can you imagine Roy Keane or Alex Ferguson's reaction if theyd seen that kind of behaviour from Phil Neville? 

If paying fans are offended by this behaviour then they have every right to vent their frustrations about it. If you sadly think it's okay then you'll be fine with the way the game is heading. Down the ****ing shitter

Ferguson wasn't managing millenials!

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Yes... asking for trouble not to isn't it?

Who cares if he liked a friends post though, it could just be short hand for "well done" or "congrats" in his eyes. He's hardly liking it in the sense of "yeah ****ing ace you beat us mate, so glad that happened. I hate win bonuses, they are such a headache for the accounts".

You've got to be an enormous melt to be upset because of this shit tbh, I'm disappointed to be a member of the human race just seeing someone's bothered to bring it up ffs. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Can you imagine Roy Keane or Alex Ferguson's reaction if theyd seen that kind of behaviour from Phil Neville? 

The same way they reacted if he won the ball cleanly in the penalty area. Utter disbelief.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Do you read every post you like fully? Or on occasion do you simply like a post your friend has put up? 

You're seemingly comparing a social media post to something like Apple's 'Terms and Conditions' - it's not as if these posts are daunting or difficult to understand.

10 hours ago, AKCJ said:

If grown men are offended by that behaviour then everyone else has every right to point and laugh.

Offended that our players are laughing and joking after losing?

I don't give a shit whether he's doing a weird handshake or noshing him off. Anyone can see from his reaction that the result mattered very little to him.

I dont know about you but im very far from smiling and joking when we lose. It ruins my weekend and alot of my week. I dont think it's too much to ask that the players at least pretend to be bothered. 

23 hours ago, Goober said:

****ing hell you’re a grown man pal. Who’s arsed about that trivial shite. ‘Offended’ by it lol 

People seem to be missing the point. I'm not offended by what theyre doing. It's how bothered they look after we have just been played off the park. 

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

People seem to be missing the point. I'm not offended by what theyre doing. It's how bothered they look after we have just been played off the park. 

You need to take a step back 92 ...   I’m also p1ssed off when we lose and yes it does affect my weekend ...   but that’s because all my life I am and always will be, a Leicester fan ...   they are professional footballers ...   as long  as they do their best in the game what happens next doesn’t matter ...   after a boxing match two men who have tried to knock the sh1t out of each other will often smile embrace and congratulate each other ...   same thing.   Like I said ...    don’t let it bother you.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Countryfox said:

You need to take a step back 92 ...   I’m also p1ssed off when we lose and yes it does affect my weekend ...   but that’s because all my life I am and always will be, a Leicester fan ...   they are professional footballers ...   as long  as they do their best in the game what happens next doesn’t matter ...   after a boxing match two men who have tried to knock the sh1t out of each other will often smile embrace and congratulate each other ...   same thing.   Like I said ...    don’t let it bother you.

Usually id agree with this but id need to see evidence that they're giving their all first.

Professional boxers are in it for themselves. They dont have fans in the same respect as Football. People live for their clubs and I just think a bit of respect for people who've made money or just support the club in general wouldn't go a miss. 

I think its fair to compare it to boxing though to be honest. The likes of Pogba etc are showing that this sport is more about the individuals more than it is the team now. I dont think Maddisons mentality is much different. Can throw the likes of Gray in to that category too.