Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

10 hours ago, les-tah said:

Regardless of Maddison we still need more than 1 creative player!

The next move that is the most important is the Mahrez replacement!  Can see the formation being a more 4231 as I don’t think Puel really played a 5 at the back formation before? Please correct me if wrong?

56 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Barnes?

i would say no, with the Mahrez departure we need someone proven at top level who can assist and score and create... else we are screwed if the transfer window closed and none of the younger lads come good!!

Welcome James Maddison,  well done to all concerned with the deal. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he develops for us. So far so good in the transfer window , as may have been said by others before, we need to work on the outgoings now.

15 minutes ago, DrDublin said:

Well, as I said yesterday, you've a terrific player on your hands.

I was kind of hoping, everything crossed it might have been a deal where you'd loan him back to us for a year but know in my heart it would'nt happen with that kind of money involved.

Hey ho, huge money for us and I jest you not - He'll be playing for England within two years.  Seen, Eadie (who you guys will know well), Fleck, Huckerby, Crook, O'Neil, Sutton at Carrow road and I'd pick him over all them.

Good luck Madderz and good luck next season Leicester.  

Cheers

Andy 

well said, and i agree 100% with u. good luck and best of luck to u as well.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

What is it with everyone wanting 'proven' quality. Has the past not proved to us that this policy doesn't work. We've had plenty of 'proven' players play for us over the years who have been awful. On the flip side of that, scouting, observing and quality coaching has given us; Mahrez, Vardy, Knocky (to some extent), Gray the list goes on. In fact none of our title winning team were 'proven' at this level. 

Young hungry talented players with a point to prove, that is what we need. Players who will work and cherish this club close to their hearts. Just like our title winning team did/ do. 

I get your point but Its a big gamble if im honest and who we replace Mahrez with could define our season.

Name a player we currently have that has proved they can even remotely get near the stats Mahrez has given us? Gray/Diabate/Albrighton/Barnes ?

Edited by les-tah

14 minutes ago, les-tah said:

I get your point but Its a big gamble if im honest and who we replace Mahrez with could define our season.

Name a player we currently have that has proved they can even remotely get near the stats Mahrez has given us? Gray/Diabate/Albrighton/Barnes ?

In all honesty I'm not sure. Have they been given the chance to play the Mahrez role? He gets a lot more freedom in our system then all of those other players do.  

I actually believe a quality number 10 to play behind Vardes is our way forward. Maddison can and has played that role with good quality at Norwich. Gray also has some pretty impressive stats for England U21s in that role, Albrighton is a completely different entity (He has more defensive qaulities than our other wingers) and Diabate and Barnes are both more future players than current first 11. Although Barnes has also had an impressive season at his loan club. 

I don't think we are going to get a 'massive' player to fill Mahrez's boots. But if we have lots of young talent that can chip in from different parts of the pitch, then we might actually end up a better team than with Mahrez. We can use the Mahrez money to develop a side that is less predictable and relient on just two superstars. (Vardy and Mahrez)

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

i would say no, with the Mahrez departure we need someone proven at top level who can assist and score and create... else we are screwed if the transfer window closed and none of the younger lads come good!!

Proven at the top level? We aren't going to pay what it takes to buy someone like that. You're looking at £50m+, even then there is no guarantee they will work in this league or even if they'd want to come.

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Proven at the top level? We aren't going to pay what it takes to buy someone like that. You're looking at £50m+, even then there is no guarantee they will work in this league or even if they'd want to come.

Proven at top level meant someone Shaqiri level and above.. but maybe not his pissy attitude! Didn't literally mean world class!

2 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Proven at top level meant someone Shaqiri level and above.. but maybe not his pissy attitude! Didn't literally mean world class!

Which means overpaying for someone like Townsend, as prem clubs don't want to lose their players and are all cash rich.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrDublin said:

Well, as I said yesterday, you've a terrific player on your hands.

I was kind of hoping, everything crossed it might have been a deal where you'd loan him back to us for a year but know in my heart it would'nt happen with that kind of money involved.

Hey ho, huge money for us and I jest you not - He'll be playing for England within two years.  Seen, Eadie (who you guys will know well), Fleck, Huckerby, Crook, O'Neil, Sutton at Carrow road and I'd pick him over all them.

Good luck Madderz and good luck next season Leicester.  

Cheers

Andy 

That's a ringing endorsement.

Thanks, and good luck next season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, les-tah said:

It also means relative mediocrity.

I much prefer the policy of buying the best players in the Championship or decent foreign leagues and if they're young that's even better. We're as safe in this league as we're probably ever going to be so we were well placed to take more "educated risks" on buying unproven players at this level who are also very highly rated with high ceilings. We are better placed than any club to make these sort of buys as not winning anything or qualifying for Europe isn't a disaster for us and we shouldn't be getting relegated. We can't buy proven players to kick on but if we buy really well we can.

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Which means overpaying for someone like Townsend, as prem clubs don't want to lose their players and are all cash rich.

Townsend is a great example.

A mid table PL player if ever there was one and would cost £20m+. A good player to keep you in this league but he'll never push you on. 

The best thing about that video of him is that it's clear that he doesn't mess about. He's constantly wanting to attack and be very direct. I think Vardy could profit from his arrival immensely.

Maddison doesn't just get the ball and spray it out for the winger in the hope that they do something with it. He looks like the kind of player that takes a game by the scruff of it's neck.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The best thing about that video of him is that it's clear that he doesn't mess about. He's constantly wanting to attack and be very direct. I think Vardy could profit from his arrival immensely.

Maddison doesn't just get the ball and spray it out for the winger in the hope that they do something with it. He looks like the kind of player that takes a game by the scruff of it's neck.

I can see a load of very nicely weighted through balls for Vardy! 

It’s a big deal and it’s big money but it’s also a big step up to the prem..

PLEASE if it takes him a few games to find his stride can we just NOT absolutely crucify him and throw abuse at him and call for the managers head  and call him overpriced..

You know, all the things we are so good at on here!!

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2