Sign in to follow this  
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

37 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I have seen nothing to suggest he is arrogant and certainly not an arsehole?  I think you may be guilty of confirmation bias.  He seems a decent young man.  I was a right nobber in my early 20s.  X

Just curious

How  old are you Rumble ? 

About 22 ? 

;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I have seen nothing to suggest he is arrogant and certainly not an arsehole?  I think you may be guilty of confirmation bias.  He seems a decent young man.  I was a right nobber in my early 20s.  X

I agree with you 100% if I’m honest I’ve heard that chillwell has the worst attitude actually.he was there when the royals came and all the staff that work around the stadium and training ground where saying what I complete nob he is.which is what I don’t want to happen to Maddison as the boy clearly has so much potential and I don’t want to see it go to waste.look at what a vile footballer grealish has turned into and I don’t want the same to happen to one of our own that’s the point I’m trying to make.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, les-tah said:

Name me a number 10 flair sort of player that doesn't have arrogance? 

Gianfranco Zola.  Very humble.

Juninho.

Edited by murphy

43 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Just curious

How  old are you Rumble ? 

About 22 ? 

;) 

Haha. I'm fully aware of my nobber credentials. :) 

• Like 1

Nothing further to add, other than frustration at people taking gossip as gospel and seeing what they want to see. 

As a species, we tend not to learn, and there's ample proof of this everywhere if you're prepared to be honest. 

• Like 2

Another thing that makes me smile people are quick to jump to his defence but are soon to criticise ghezzel,nacho,or others that have to adapt to new team mates new squad,new style of play etc you can’t defend one player then go and slag others off that hypercritical in my eyes.

• Like 4

I’m not even sure what to say about the last page in this thread? How can people be so impatient and full of irrational hatred for a player who is actually doing rather well? 

Think people see him as the Mahrez replacement, the thing is he is both younger than what Mahrez was in his first season in the prem, as well as having obscene expectations based on his fee. He has 5 goals and 6 assists in the league with 8 games to go... Mahrez had 4 goals and 3 assists the entire season! 

Now, I’m not trying to say he’ll accomplish anything near what Mahrez has nor will we see a 17 goals / assists season from Maddison, but can we not see that Maddison is actually rather good for us in an all frankly indifferent season for us? You only have to watch the games to see what is developing in front of us, he has the potential to go a lot further than people think, if he was Spanish you’d call him the next David silva!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, lcfc matt said:

Another thing that makes me smile people are quick to jump to his defence but are soon to criticise ghezzel,nacho,or others that have to adapt to new team mates new squad,new style of play etc you can’t defend one player then go and slag others off that hypercritical in my eyes.

I think that the unfair criticism of Maddison relates to things such as his perceived big-headedness, arrogance, he thinks he's Beckham etc.  This has nothing to do with his football ability, it is just in the minds of his detractors.

Fair criticism IMO is things such as taking a bit too long on the ball, jumping out of tackles etc, but he is still developing and as long we acknowledge that he is young, has bags of talent and will develop and acknowledge that he is our top assister and second highest scorer, then constructive criticism is fine.

For his first season in the PL I'd give him a solid 7/10.

Are there any rumours in the papers today about if Maddison is in the England squad again tomorrow? 

I imagine his creativity stats haven't gone unnoticed and has popped up with a couple of assists in the last 3 games. 

28 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Also, can we all feck off with this rubbish about players attitudes; you all know nothing bar the rubbish rumours you get from your Gammon mates down the pub, ta x

I bumped into him last month. He doesn't seem half as confident in person as on the football pitch. I think people just look at his image and persona on the pitch and make rubbish up about attitude.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Are there any rumours in the papers today about if Maddison is in the England squad again tomorrow? 

I imagine his creativity stats haven't gone unnoticed and has popped up with a couple of assists in the last 3 games. 

Hasn't looked like scoring for in 2019 though which won't do his chances much good. He is playing less further forward than he did in the opening part of the season so his goals are going to have to be the work of better times runs and much improved shot selection, I hope Rodgers can bring this back to his game as all the attacking midfielders are under the spotlight for providing goals as Rodgers has referenced.

Get off the lads back. He's young and still learning his trade in a top league whilst still contributing

• Like 1

On 11/03/2019 at 17:40, lifted*fox said:

i genuinely think the people that give players like Maddison a tough time after just a few months in the PL genuinely don't have two brain cells to rub together.

he has to make the step up from the Championship.

there is a change in pace.

there is a change in physicality.

there is an expectation to live up to which can be suffocating.

there are new teammates to get to know and understand their game

he joined at a time when our entire squad hasn't been playing well

he is 22 and still developing

this season has been disrupted by tragic events off the field 

a myriad of reasons for which he should be given some leeway, understanding and most of all SUPPORT

writing someone like Maddison off after a mere 28 games, at his age, taking into account the above makes you look impatient, lacking in knowledge about the modern game and it's requirements and above all, a bit silly, really. 

rather than moaning, groaning, swearing at a misplaced pass or missed shot on match day - have some patience and accept the reality that this isn't the finished product. with your support, you might - in a year or so, start to see something that more resembles the finished product. keep being a dickhead about it and he'll most likely move on and someone else will get to enjoy the finished product.

it's not hard, really. when did people forget what support is? 

Add to this he spend most of the season playing for Puel, now he has a manager that will push him to attack quickly, I think we will see a very different much improved James Maddison before the seasons out. 

Edited by browniefox
Spelling
  • Like 2

Cheeky goal today, ran a ring around Tarkowski and sold the freekick, perfectly showing enough of the ball to bait the defender and then throwing himself in the way to take the contact right outside the box. Too much fizz on the ball for Heaton, good pace and near perfect accuracy - beautiful tribute.

Again though couldn't finish the match. Not 100% fit after a summer getting over a knee scare, next season I think the lad could set the League alight

Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers has revealed midfielder James Maddison was a doubt to face Burnley after becoming ill over night before the game.

Rodgers said Maddison had been up all night being ill at the team’s hotel and was still poorly in the morning, but he recovered sufficiently to play and he scored City’s first goal with a superb free kick as they went on to win 2-1 at Burnley, despite playing for 86 minutes with just ten men.

Edited by brucey

Unbelievable free kick and once again after being snubbed by Southgate goes and rips one in just like he did back in September.

• Like 1

On 12/03/2019 at 17:27, mannyzlcfc said:

For the people who call him arrogant..... please read.

I like to think the people who call him arrogant, are confusing arrogance with confidence. Two very different personality traits. 

I think he he comes across very well from the brief interviews I’ve seen of him.

• Like 3

On 11/03/2019 at 22:47, lcfc matt said:

He frustrates people because he’s got a swell head because of his arrogance from thinking he’s better than he actually is.yes he’s good but he’s not Mahrez or Ronaldo is he?he just needs to calm things down abit and use his brain abit more and stop showboating.this is the top tier of English football there’s no place for fook ups and he makes far to many of them which lead to goals be conceded sadly.

......Might be worth noting down the stats he’s got so far this season & compare it to past Prem league midfielders who were his age & playing their 1st season of Prem football!

.......Might also be worth comparing his Prem stats from this season with the likes of Erikson, Lindgard, Bernardo Silva & the majority of other top midfielders in the league!!

• Like 3

On 12/03/2019 at 11:15, sm1 said:

I bumped into him last month. He doesn't seem half as confident in person as on the football pitch. I think people just look at his image and persona on the pitch and make rubbish up about attitude.

Making up rubbish on Foxes Talk?!

Never....

lol