Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Marvin Plattenhardt

26 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/92934/Show/Marvin-Plattenhardt

7 assists from left back last season in the Bundesliga... can see why Puel would be after him.

He's clearly a great player, but I don't think we need him because we have Chilwell and Fuchs. I know that Chilwell has a lot of improving to do and that Fuchs is getting on, but signing this player would get in the way of Chilwell's development and I think having Fuchs as back-up for one more season is fine, as he was still good at times last year.

Right player, wrong time for me.

I don't know anything about him but sounds promising. I suspect if we do sign him then Fuchs will be released early.

Chilwell although improving still has a bit of learning to so.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

7 assists from left back last season in the Bundesliga... can see why Puel would be after him.

He's clearly a great player, but I don't think we need him because we have Chilwell and Fuchs. I know that Chilwell has a lot of improving to do and that Fuchs is getting on, but signing this player would get in the way of Chilwell's development and I think having Fuchs as back-up for one more season is fine, as he was still good at times last year.

Or if we’re switching to 3 at the back Fuchs can be cover for the LCB position, which will then allow us to sign another LWB to compete with Chilwell?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

The question is... for how much longer will Fuchs be around? He could be off already or by January the latest, in time for prepping up for the 2019 MLS season.

Better get a very good LB in now. We're already close on missing out on Jérôme Roussillon (HSC Montpellier), whom I would love to be considered our No.1 target.

Plattenhardt has been fantastic for Hertha Berlin in recent seasons. One of the best, if not THE best German left-back in the Bundesliga, right age, German international. Signing him would be another sign of intent from the owners that we want to push forward.

Edited by MC Prussian

6 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

The question is... for how much longer will Fuchs be around? He could be off already or by January the latest, in time for prepping up for the 2019 MLS season.

Better get a very good LB in now. We're already close on missing out on Jérôme Roussillon (HSC Montpellier), whom I would love to be considered our No.1 target.

Plattenhardt has been fantastic for Hertha Berlin in recent seasons. One of the best, if not THE best German left-back in the Bundesliga, right age, German international. Signing him would be another sign of intent from the owners that we want to push forward.

I just can’t imagine that we’re going to be able to pull it off. But who knows? With each passing day we seem to be getting closer to a master plan. Puel’s reputation as a builder and shaper whose second year is usually an improvement seems warranted if this summer is anything to go by.