Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Marvin Plattenhardt

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Regarding cover at left back, Ricardo can also play at left back. He in fact played left back throughout the season at Nice when Puel was in charge. He's obviously been signed to play right back, but in emergencies it is a viable option.

Plattenhardt is definitely really good but I think people are really harsh on Chilwell. He's a young English player who is highly promising and he's one of our own youth academy products. I personally hope he and Hamza become regulars for us in the next few years because it's important to me as a supporter to see players who truly care about the club in the team. There was a recent interview with Hamza when he talked through his emotions when makign his debut for the club and it really made me like the guy.

Of course they have to be good enough, but young players need time and patience to get good. Chilwell hasn't played as many games as a starter as Schlupp yet!

really chilwell, he needs to go out on loan in the 2nd or 3rd division, he is the worst defender. NOW if we are trying to build a better team by bringing in top class players we cannot carry blokes like chilwell and gray, and forget this crap they are Juniors, because look at the teams mainly above us they all go for senior players 1st.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/92934/Show/Marvin-Plattenhardt

7 assists from left back last season in the Bundesliga... can see why Puel would be after him.

He's clearly a great player, but I don't think we need him because we have Chilwell and Fuchs. I know that Chilwell has a lot of improving to do and that Fuchs is getting on, but signing this player would get in the way of Chilwell's development and I think having Fuchs as back-up for one more season is fine, as he was still good at times last year.

Right player, wrong time for me.

Send Chilly out on loan. If we want to seriously consider challenging for Europe next season, we need better options than Chilly and Fuchs. Chilly has potential to be great but i feel a season at a bottom half prem team/promotion chasing championship team could do him the world of good and have fuchs as back up before we send him to the retirement home. Then the following season, when we hopefully have European football, we can rotate between Chilwell and Plattenhardt. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

2nd or 3rd division. Wow. Give it up you plonker

ur the plonker, if u have not worked it out yet, i dont rate chilwell or gray. so they could go play all age and that would be above there pay grade.we need players who can hold there own not players who need there hands held, we cant carry these players and push for a top 6 spot.

6 hours ago, bpfox said:

really chilwell, he needs to go out on loan in the 2nd or 3rd division, he is the worst defender. NOW if we are trying to build a better team by bringing in top class players we cannot carry blokes like chilwell and gray, and forget this crap they are Juniors, because look at the teams mainly above us they all go for senior players 1st.

2nd or 3rd division....remember when Chilwell went on loan to Huddersfield a couple of seasons ago.....he was brilliant there for them from what their fans said, i wouldnt say hes our worst defender either tbh as well we had worse at times last season, dont get me wrong he did mistakes last season and hes young and learning tbh, plus getting a "world class" LB doesnt always mean theyll be brilliant or anything, we could spend £20mil and they be absolutely crap(looks at Mustafi at Arsenal £25+mil and hes shocking at times)

and lets be realistic.....we arent getting in the top 6 either

Edited by FrankieADZ

21 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Sky Sports report that City have asked about Plattenhardt, who they say is also a target for Everton, as a long-term replacement for Leighton Baines, and Watford. 

However, the Liverpool Echo understand Plattenhardt is not on the Toffees’ wishlist, while Bologna left-back Adam Masina has just completed a medical at Vicarage Road

The toffees have a wish listlol who'd have thought it ?!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 80footgiraffe said:

Merc reporting our interest would probably be for next summer. 

That doesn't even make any sense though.

"We like your player, do you think he might be for sale in 12 months time?" 

We are either interested now to buy now, or we aren't and the selling team are chucking names in to the ring to make any other genuinely interested clubs get their skates on.

Would be an amazing signing if we could sign this guy, making our defence the strongest we’ve seen for a while plus also pi55 off the atoffee fans again by signing a player under their noses after seeing some tweets saying Maddison was far too good for us and they’re pi55ed for missing out on him!!

8 hours ago, bpfox said:

3rd division lol he's not that bad, he's a lot better than playing against Accrington Stanley. He would go backwards playing anywhere other than the Prem. 

1 hour ago, 80footgiraffe said:

Merc reporting our interest would probably be for next summer. 

Just using the expiry of Fuchs contract has the indicator for that. Wait till next Summer and this lad will be more attractive to bigger fish than us. 

9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Regarding cover at left back, Ricardo can also play at left back. He in fact played left back throughout the season at Nice when Puel was in charge. He's obviously been signed to play right back, but in emergencies it is a viable option.

Plattenhardt is definitely really good but I think people are really harsh on Chilwell. He's a young English player who is highly promising and he's one of our own youth academy products. I personally hope he and Hamza become regulars for us in the next few years because it's important to me as a supporter to see players who truly care about the club in the team. There was a recent interview with Hamza when he talked through his emotions when makign his debut for the club and it really made me like the guy.

Of course they have to be good enough, but young players need time and patience to get good. Chilwell hasn't played as many games as a starter as Schlupp yet!

We'd still be one full-back short, I just can't see Fuchs staying for much longer anymore. Unless you want to ask Amartey to play makeshift right-back again (which he did an admirable job at).

I'd rather we play round pegs in round holes. Chilwell has potential and can become a player in the mould of Leighton Baines, this pre-season and our summer transfer dealings will tell whether he'll be considered our No.1 left-back.

At some stage, we'll have to replace Fuchs. Whether that is with a player challenging Chilwell (Shaw? Plattenhardt?) or a slightly older more experienced player as backup remains to be seen.