Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Marvin Plattenhardt

1 hour ago, 80footgiraffe said:

Merc reporting our interest would probably be for next summer. 

1 hour ago, kristianity77 said:

That doesn't even make any sense though.

"We like your player, do you think he might be for sale in 12 months time?" 

We are either interested now to buy now, or we aren't and the selling team are chucking names in to the ring to make any other genuinely interested clubs get their skates on.

46 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

Why go in for him next summer, if he could be available this year?! That doesn't seem to make any sense.

If the scouts, the manager and the board want him, I'm sure they'll do all they can to get this guy in this summer.

It would make perfect sense imo.

Clubs often start talking months ahead of deals being in place.

We've got highly paid Fuchs this season but he'll be gone next summer and we'll be hoping to be able to offer European competition to potential signings.

6 minutes ago, toddybad said:

It would make perfect sense imo.

Clubs often start talking months ahead of deals being in place.

We've got highly paid Fuchs this season but he'll be gone next summer and we'll be hoping to be able to offer European competition to potential signings.

Difficulty is, if Plattenhardt has another good season, bigger teams than us may look at him. If he's potentially available at a decent price, we should sign him now. 

9 hours ago, bpfox said:

really chilwell, he needs to go out on loan in the 2nd or 3rd division, he is the worst defender. NOW if we are trying to build a better team by bringing in top class players we cannot carry blokes like chilwell and gray, and forget this crap they are Juniors, because look at the teams mainly above us they all go for senior players 1st.

43 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

3rd division lol he's not that bad, he's a lot better than playing against Accrington Stanley. He would go backwards playing anywhere other than the Prem. 

lollollol he was at Huddersfield in the championship and was raved about.. If he was still in the championship people would be w4nkin over him just like sessegnon 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Difficulty is, if Plattenhardt has another good season, bigger teams than us may look at him. If he's potentially available at a decent price, we should sign him now. 

I wouldn't argue with that although tbh (like almost everybody here) I've hardly seen the guy play so don't know how good he is.

58 minutes ago, toddybad said:

I wouldn't argue with that although tbh (like almost everybody here) I've hardly seen the guy play so don't know how good he is.

True but im sure if hes Germanys 1st choice left back, he must be decent. Although im not sure how many decent left backs Germany have. I think Hector was injured for their first game.

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

True but im sure if hes Germanys 1st choice left back, he must be decent. Although im not sure how many decent left backs Germany have. I think Hector was injured for their first game.

That's what worries me. Hector is wank.

6 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

1 minute ago, toddybad said:

That's what worries me. Hector is wank.

Hector is still with Köln, and that presumably in the 2. Bundesliga, as well.

Plus he's almost two years older.

Wouldn't be against this especially if themightyfin is right in his hunch that we could indeed be switching to 3 at the back with flying wing backs.

Would be a premature exit for Fuchs to America no doubt and Chilwell again having to battle for that starting place back, but I'm all for severe competition for places.

No more squad fillers who are a big step below those in the starting 11. Genuine competition for places is not something we have had a for as long as I can remember.

If he's good enough for the German bench, he's good enough for us.

It kind of would be shame in not then being able to give Chillers game time, but I think if there's anything that teams should have learned in the past few seasons is that, you can't stand still. We have to consistently improve the team and I hate to say it, but in my opinion Chillers hasn't improved much at all since coming into the first team and as a club we haven't got the option to just 'suck it and see'.

I would send him out on loan to a lower half EPL team for the season.

Saying that though, this roumer sounds a bit too good to be true, so probably wont happen.

1 minute ago, lcfcrinaldi said:

If he's good enough for the German bench, he's good enough for us.

It kind of would be shame in not then being able to give Chillers game time, but I think if there's anything that teams should have learned in the past few seasons is that, you can't stand still. We have to consistently improve the team and I hate to say it, but in my opinion Chillers hasn't improved much at all since coming into the first team and as a club we haven't got the option to just 'suck it and see'.

I would send him out on loan to a lower half EPL team for the season.

Saying that though, this roumer sounds a bit too good to be true, so probably wont happen.

Played for Germany at every youth level too, so he is obviously highly regarded. Not sure how we can be turning our nose up at a player like this.

I think Chilwell will have improved from last season, but depends how much and although I am happy enough going into the season with him and Fuchs, I certainly wouldn't complain if we sign a player like this, which improves are starting 11. 

On 20/06/2018 at 10:55, Clever Fox said:

I don't know anything about him but sounds promising. I suspect if we do sign him then Fuchs will be released early.

Chilwell although improving still has a bit of learning to so.

I would say Fuchs would be released to join nyc which is his ultimate destination. We wouldn't get much of a fee.  I think this would be great competition for Chilwell. He needs earn the starting role and this really would give us 2 high quality lb's. Fuchs has been a amazing servant for us. But he does want to gil to the u.s. with his family and it is probably time. 

• Like 1