Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Marvin Plattenhardt

9 hours ago, Gerard said:

This guy is the German Danny Simpson.

We've already changed nearly half the team with Pereira, Evans and Maddison plus we'll probably buy the Iranian lad and maybe Kasper will go?

Give Chilwell a season, squeeze another season out of Fuchs as he sees out his contract and reassess either in January or next summer.

Or the manager don't rate Chilly and knows Fuchs don't have a full season left in him.

9 hours ago, Gerard said:

We've already changed nearly half the team with Pereira, Evans and Maddison plus we'll probably buy the Iranian lad and maybe Kasper will go?

Give Chilwell a season, squeeze another season out of Fuchs as he sees out his contract and reassess either in January or next summer.

Didn't know that Plattenhardt can't cross and is already 31 years old?

One of the best left-backs in the German Bundesliga - hmm... I wonder what we were saying about signing a not-so-young Austrian from Schalke a few years ago?

I don't know where you take your comparisons from, but boy are you way off the line here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Didn't know that Plattenhardt can't cross and is already 31 years old?

One of the best left-backs in the German Bundesliga - hmm... I wonder what we were saying about signing a not-so-young Austrian from Schalke a few years ago?

I don't know where you take your comparisons from, but boy are you way off the line here.

Foxestalk over reaction do you expect anything else?

Or I've never seen the guy play but I have to make some comment lol 

Edited by sylofox
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Gerard said:

This. 

I would be really disappointed if we bought someone in front of Chillwell.  I know he makes mistakes and is not everyone's cup of tea but he's young and has now had a full season's experience.   I have high hopes for him and I believe this season will be his breakout year.

If there is no improvement and he's still making the same kinds of mistakes at the end of next season, we can have another look at that position.  In the meantime, he's a prospect, lets give the kid a chance

• Like 2

1 minute ago, murphy said:

This. 

I would be really disappointed if we bought someone in front of Chillwell.  I know he makes mistakes and is not everyone's cup of tea but he's young and has now had a full season's experience.   I have high hopes for him and I believe this season will be his breakout year.

If there is no improvement and he's still making the same kinds of mistakes at the end of next season, we can have another look at that position.  In the meantime, he's a prospect, lets give the kid a chance

I agree. He had some really good games towards the end of last season. Really need to play Marc in front of him though as a bit of defensive backup. 

12 hours ago, Gerard said:

Fuchs looked off the pace towards the end of last season, he'll probably be even slower now.

You seem to want to keep off replacing players in the hope that somebody may come good, if we had replaced Simpson & Morgan in January we'd have probably made 6th or 7th.

28 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Fuchs looked off the pace towards the end of last season, he'll probably be even slower now.

You seem to want to keep off replacing players in the hope that somebody may come good, if we had replaced Simpson & Morgan in January we'd have probably made 6th or 7th.

We finished 16pts behind 6th and 9pts behind 7th, I don't think it's fair to blame Simpson or Morgan for losing us 10pts+ in less than half a season.

If we replace players I want top quality or young players with great potential. I don't want to see us squander millions of Pounds and finite resources on mediocrity which is why I'm against the Danny Ward signing. Every time we spend money that doesn't significantly improve us means we suffer further down the line.

We tried to buy a right back in January but couldn't agree a price. If we'd have just bought him regardless of value we probably wouldn't have bought Pereira who is a further upgrade. We might even have paid £30m for Pereira in January and still not qualified for Europe and £13m worse off than we are now. 

I'm a big fan of Chilwell and whilst he has his flaws I think he has all the tools to be a top class full back. I'd prefer to give him a chance to cement his position in the team this season and squeeze that last year out of Fuchs. In January or next summer we can then make a decision on whether we upgrade on Chilwell or replace Fuchs to supplement Chilwell. What's the point of having great youth academy products if we're just going to hinder their progress? Chilwell is the best player this club has produced since Emile Heskey.