Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

European Football 18/19

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/06/2018 at 18:16, MC Prussian said:

New thread starts with a bang:

AC Milan are forced to withdraw from all European competitions for the next two years due to breaching FFP regulations.

Been overturned by the courts 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Sancho at Dortmund is currently ripping it up. Most assists in the Bundesliga without starting a game.

most assists in europe this season, only played 124 minutes. 

averaging a goal contribution every 19 minutes or something mental. 

21 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Is it weird that I was surprised it was a female?

Is it weird that the highest profile footballer in the world has been accused of rape and it only gets 1 post on a football forum in a thread that not many people read.

The news coverage has all focussed on it being “fake news” even though he paid her a quarter of a million pounds settlement after the fact. When you think about the media coverage of Vardy calling someone a jap or the la manga incident it is all very low key considering one of the defining sports stars of our generation has been accused of rape!

• Like 1

On 01/10/2018 at 00:47, spacemunky said:

Is it weird that I was surprised it was a female?

Kinda my reaction tbh. I've always thought of him as either extremely closeted or tbh more like just totally asexual. 

He's outwardly such an odd man. 

10 hours ago, Captain... said:

Is it weird that the highest profile footballer in the world has been accused of rape and it only gets 1 post on a football forum in a thread that not many people read.

The news coverage has all focussed on it being “fake news” even though he paid her a quarter of a million pounds settlement after the fact. When you think about the media coverage of Vardy calling someone a jap or the la manga incident it is all very low key considering one of the defining sports stars of our generation has been accused of rape!

Very different scenario isn't it, Vardy was bang to rights on camera for one so was always going to get publicity, And the La Manga Trio were arrested and banged up immediately and about 12 footballers were implicated. This is something that happened nearly a decade ago and there is zero chance Ronaldo will actually face a charge.

Obviously I have no idea what happened but always have to question why a footballer who could have a pick of numerous women any night he wanted would resort to rape and why exactly a woman has gone back to his hotel room, I imagine it wasn't for a game of tiddly winks. I know there is always the why did he pay her to stay quiet if he is innocent but if he feels he lacks the evidence to prove the accusation as false beyond reasonable doubt I imagine he'd prefer it kept quiet whether he is actually guilty or not. 

30 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Kinda my reaction tbh. I've always thought of him as either extremely closeted or tbh more like just totally asexual. 

He's a shady fcker

He had his son with some American waitress who he practically bought him off.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I think it's the whole baby thing with these "donors" and the fact that I picture him infront of his mirror for a large portion of his day. 

And of course:

gif-ronaldo-rooney.gif

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Very different scenario isn't it, Vardy was bang to rights on camera for one so was always going to get publicity, And the La Manga Trio were arrested and banged up immediately and about 12 footballers were implicated. This is something that happened nearly a decade ago and there is zero chance Ronaldo will actually face a charge.

Obviously I have no idea what happened but always have to question why a footballer who could have a pick of numerous women any night he wanted would resort to rape and why exactly a woman has gone back to his hotel room, I imagine it wasn't for a game of tiddly winks. I know there is always the why did he pay her to stay quiet if he is innocent but if he feels he lacks the evidence to prove the accusation as false beyond reasonable doubt I imagine he'd prefer it kept quiet whether he is actually guilty or not. 

He's a shady fcker

He had his son with some American waitress who he practically bought him off.

I just find it weird that he is one of the highest profile people on the planet when it was revealed in 2017 nobody said anything, now it was reported again on Saturday including the fact he paid her off along with some very detailed accounts of the alleged assault. I just can’t belive it is not getting more attention and every article starts with Ronaldo’s quotes of fake news and seem to cast doubt on the validity of her claims.

9 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I just find it weird that he is one of the highest profile people on the planet when it was revealed in 2017 nobody said anything, now it was reported again on Saturday including the fact he paid her off along with some very detailed accounts of the alleged assault. I just can’t belive it is not getting more attention and every article starts with Ronaldo’s quotes of fake news and seem to cast doubt on the validity of her claims.

He's minted. Nike are minted. All his other sponsors are minted. Juve are minted. He makes millions for charities, businesses and the like the world over. 

Nobody's going to touch it with a barge pole until it gets traction. 

I'm not saying that's how it should be, I mean it shouldn't have vanished just because he could afford to keep it quiet in the first place. But heyho. 

The wider media may be cautious of printing the details as they are not entirely sure of Der Spiegal’s sources. 

The document in question if legimate suggests Ronaldo is a disgusting person. The whole scenario around it in the very least isn’t pretty and is more than enough to despise the bloke.

(Reminds me of the Ched Evans case - it may have been debate about it being rape but the whole scenario was disgusting and abuse of power (which oddly comes with being a professional sportsman))

Like many similar allegations, it seems like a 'my word against their word' type - however her lawyer stated that she was diagnosed with PTSD after the alleged incident and suffered with it ever since.

This could make more people speak out about similar incidents against other sportsmen etc.

Reckon this case could escalate.

Edited by Wymeswold fox