Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

Duckenfield, his day has come

8 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

What about Sheff Wed, Sheff City Council & the FA? Were they not partly responsible for the loss of life too?

The ground didn't even have an up to date safety certificate FFS. 

Seems to me like Duckenfield is left carrying the can for everyone elses fvck up's along the way.

shhh, i think you'll open up a can of worms if you start digging too deep but one things for certain, the establishment never like to be beaten, however long it takes and there may me an awful lot of people who get upset if it comes out in a court of law regarding where the blame should be apportioned.  

I think some of the fans from that time can share some of the blame, the ones that thought it was ok to be violent and disruptive thus creating the environment that lead to fencing and the police/establishment's attitude towards fans.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

What about Sheff Wed, Sheff City Council & the FA? Were they not partly responsible for the loss of life too?

The ground didn't even have an up to date safety certificate FFS. 

Seems to me like Duckenfield is left carrying the can for everyone elses fvck up's along the way.

You obviously haven't been following the story. There are others due in court besides 'Duckentheissue' and Bettison also of SYP is still trying his best to resist. The buck stops at various doors but none more so than Duckenfield. At the end of the day there has been too much prevarication, 29 years too much, and the actions of those responsible have to be investigated and held up to scrutiny in court, which is exactly what is happening albeit long overdue.

• 1 month later...

Hillsborough charges against Sir Norman Bettison dropped, the former chief inspector accused of trying to blame Liverpool fans has had all charges against him dropped.Insufficient evidence means there was no real chance of a conviction. Disgusting.

On 30/06/2018 at 12:20, MattP said:

It was and those who were involved in that cover up should be punished, the cover up though was absolutely nothing to do with the events that occured for the disaster and what we are now talking about ie the potential manslaughter of people.

Two completely different things and I often feel people want to mix up the two to see someone swing.

Exactly how I see it.

The two do get mixed up and rolled into one.

Exactly what @ScouseFox seems to be doing here.

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/06/2018 at 18:04, MattP said:

Surely we all hope the jury comes to the correct decision? 

Very uncomfortable with this, clearly a tough decision under extreme pressure in a time very different to ours and he could go to prison for a long time for it? It smacks of vengeance rather than justice.

Totally agree. Only one outcome of this trial 

You can put your house on him being found guilty due to external pressures. 

7 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Totally agree. Only one outcome of this trial 

You can put your house on him being found guilty due to external pressures. 

Logically a guilty verdict should be difficult given they couldn't get near a unanimous decision for unlawful killing in the original inquest, but we'll see.

How he gets a fair trial is beyond me as well.