Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Kasper - Chelsea and Roma. SSN

On 17/07/2018 at 22:32, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, he's been unbelievable for us and could easily follow up a mediocre season by his standards with a superb season. Butland is the obvious gettable goalkeeper but if Kasper did go I'd be all over Danny Ward at Liverpool.

ITK. You called it first. :appl:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Been asking around about this.

General feeling is he'll leave this summer, probably for about £40m.

Interest from other clubs is serious.

The club are probably right - Danny Ward is backup, however.....what happens if they're not able to get a replacement in for Kasper straight away, what if the replacement they want has a suspect injury record......

As I've said Kasper is disillusioned, and a lot of that is due to what he percieves to be the clubs ambition, I've serious concerns that a big personality in the dressing room is being allowed to have his way because I believe some people view him as a threat.

Still believe Puel is bad new for the club and nothing I'm hearing recently has changed that - happy to be wrong though.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

The club are probably right - Danny Ward is backup, however.....what happens if they're not able to get a replacement in for Kasper straight away, what if the replacement they want has a suspect injury record......

As I've said Kasper is disillusioned, and a lot of that is due to what he percieves to be the clubs ambition, I've serious concerns that a big personality in the dressing room is being allowed to have his way because I believe some people view him as a threat.

Still believe Puel is bad new for the club and nothing I'm hearing recently has changed that - happy to be wrong though.

Is the personality Morgan or Vardy?

7 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

Out of interest, why is he disillusioned with the clubs ambitions?

Plans to develop a state of the art training facility, expand the stadium, and continuing investment into player acquisitions suggest that these are exciting times and that the club are extremely ambitious. I certainly can't recall a time since the owners took over where they have shown greater levels of ambition than what they demonstrating right now. Also, comparative to our direct competitors i.e. Burnley, Everton, West Ham, Watford, Palace, Southampton, etc. we appear to be one of the few clubs showing signs of trying to break into the next tier. 

To be clear this isn't me questioning you... but I'm just keen to try and understand what Kasper's expectations actually are.

Being fair to the owners even if they wanted to throw silly money around to bring the very best player's in the world to Leicester City, given the current infrastructure at the club we simply couldn't do so without falling foul of FFP. Therefore it's imperative we put the foundations in place first to build a platform which will give us more flexibility in the future. 

If that's true, it's more likely to be a barely disguised 'I'd like to try something else now' I'm afraid. 

It's the same thing Rooney said about Man U during contract negotiations and countless others have used those exact words when they just want to move on for whatever reason.

Edited by Max Wall

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:31, Everygamefox said:

Jack Butland is far far better than kasper.

i would not mind us to offer what ever we get for kasper for Butland but if we get Butland and a profit that is incredible business

I agree with you but have one question. Why the fvck would Chelsea want Kasper then lol lol lol 

Just now, sylofox said:

I agree with you but have one question. Why the fvck would Chelsea want Kasper then lol lol lol 

They can't help themselves when it comes to us after hitting the jackpot with Kante. 40m for Kasper and the DD money would start to make up for that. I'm almost expecting a scattergun approach from Chelsea as the window draws to a close.

1 minute ago, Koke said:

£40m for a soon to be 32 year old? 

Thanks for the memories but it's time to say goodbye.

That's two thirds of the Alisson fee. Alisson is 25. What club in their right mind would pay that amount for a 32 year old, whose stats are inferior in comparison?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Probably to do with the way we negotiate transfers out we let the vast majority of players leave at bargain prices (Drinkwater excluded)  Also can't see why we use Kasper as a bargaining tool to get Loftus-Cheek in.

12 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

Out of interest, why is he disillusioned with the clubs ambitions?

There is nothing wrong with our ambition, the problem is the time frame wrapped around it. The owners are doing things slowly, which unless they are going to put in a billion quid is the only way we can do it. For players we have now, new training facilities, ground expansion, investment in youth etc means little. The results of that might not be seen for a decade.

• Like 2