Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Kasper - Chelsea and Roma. SSN

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

Is Kasper good again now???  Just want to check before I post

(a) i’ll drive the fooker there myself, or;

(b) hands off our goalkeeping prince

Kasper... Excelled for us as part of the organised unit of the past few years (excluding last season obviously)

Denmark are an organised unit too, so it's no surprise he's excelled there

He's by no means irreplaceable and I'd be surprised if Puel doesn't look at a keeper who's better with his feet & can help bring the ball out from the back or play as a sweeper... However Kasper is very competent in a side which plays as a unit

Love the way how one of our players has a good World Cup and suddenly everyone is asking who he’lol go to. 

I forgot we were still a selling club ... and if you look at the Mahrez situation so have the owners.

Don’t believe any of our players that fit into our first eleven are going anywhere this summer (except maybe Mahrez...)

• Like 1

The world record fee for a keeper is £35m for Ederson (2017), so there's some delusion in this thread with people quoting double that.

Pickford went for £25m (according to Wiki) as the 3rd most expensive keeper transfer of all time behind Ederson and Buffon (£33m, 2001), so if we lost Kasper then it'd be in the region of around £25-30m, maybe a little higher because of inflation. I doubt we'd accept any offer from a PL club unless it was Man Utd, though, and can't see him going abroad unless its to a CL side (which could well happen).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

First thought:

Chelsea have Courtois and Caballero. Surely they wouldn’t sign an expensive goalkeeper they don’t need unless one of them is leaving?

Second thought:

They signed Drinkwater!

I don't Caballero can even be classed as a goalkeeper.

Personally, I hope he stays and carries his World Cup form into the new season.

He also has some errors in the league and some erratic play with us to make up for.

No point in selling him now. He's reaching his prime at age 31. One can expect at least two to three great seasons of him.