Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Kasper - Chelsea and Roma. SSN

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Did you know that the owners have horses in training called ‘fox kapser’, ‘Fox vardy’ and ‘fox Morgan’. These horses will likely be running this summer and autumn. I doubt they want to sell any of these players just yet. 

They also own King Power and Andy went last January so don't rule it out.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Did you know that the owners have horses in training called ‘fox kapser’, ‘Fox vardy’ and ‘fox Morgan’. These horses will likely be running this summer and autumn. I doubt they want to sell any of these players just yet. 

WTF is kapser? 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Not sure this is true or not but was rumoured to be friction between Kasper and Claude last season. If the Chelsea link is true then Butland is the obvious go to at short notice.

Think we are probably the ideal club for Butland as well, with all the "big 6" teams looking to have plans for First team keepers that don't include going for Butland, I feel like we would be his best option, and he would be our best option were Kasper to leave.

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Think we are probably the ideal club for Butland as well, with all the "big 6" teams looking to have plans for First team keepers that don't include going for Butland, I feel like we would be his best option, and he would be our best option were Kasper to leave.

Couldn’t disagree more. Massively overrated goalkeeper 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

I wouldn't rule it out but you'd wonder if the uncertainty surrounding not only Courtois but also Hazard and Kante be putting people off moving to Chelsea.

Understandable for players from other leagues looking to go there. A premier league player in a stable position financially might think twice.

I think it's easy to forget how many keepers we went through in the season or two prior to Kasper's arrival and how easy it has been for us to not have to worry about buying another.

He makes mistakes and last season admittedly wasn't his best but he is still a very good keeper when he is on form.

2 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I think it's easy to forget how many keepers we went through in the season or two prior to Kasper's arrival and how easy it has been for us to not have to worry about buying another.

He makes mistakes and last season admittedly wasn't his best but he is still a very good keeper when he is on form.

Yeah, he's been unbelievable for us and could easily follow up a mediocre season by his standards with a superb season. Butland is the obvious gettable goalkeeper but if Kasper did go I'd be all over Danny Ward at Liverpool.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Can't believe what ive just read

When was he good last season? And why would you turn down £20/£30m for a keeper we paid £1m for? We’ve had value for money and it would be nice for a fresh start. The teams felt stale since the title 

Kasper’s the best keeper we’ve had since Shilton. Younger readers please google.

Quite why the odd mistake (which all keepers make) gets him such grief on here I don’t know.

We don’t need a keeper to push him either, just adequate cover. Do De Gea & Courtois beef pushing?

Harrumph!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

When was he good last season? And why would you turn down £20/£30m for a keeper we paid £1m for? We’ve had value for money and it would be nice for a fresh start. The teams felt stale since the title 

32 years of age is not old for a keeper for starters. Forgetting what we paid fir him and the profit we could make is regardless as we would need to spend more to get a keeper of his quality. Finishing top half is not a stale position. Madness to think you woukd be happy with our 2 out of say 5 key players leaving in one transfer window, that's mahrez and kasper. No chance of a quick rebuild of them pair 

• Like 2

He makes quite a few mistakes? Does he? Can barely remember any off the top of my head. Not to say his decision making and positioning couldn't be better at times but it says it all when you look at the clubs he's linked with and the world cup he had.

Taking into account the Keepers that get labeled as World Class, I'm going to call Kasper World Class. We won't get a better replacement.

Edited by dmayne7
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

He makes quite a few mistakes? Does he? Can barely remember any off the top of my head. Not to say his decision making and positioning couldn't be better at times but it says it all when you look at the clubs he's linked with and the world cup he had.

Taking into account the Keepers that get labeled as World Class, I'm going to call Kasper World Class. We won't get a better replacement.

Mostly from free kicks or crosses

command of his area and distribution are major flaws.

Should be sold why his stock is high 

I don’t think “mistakes” are the issue. 

Its more general play, distribution, and the fact his ego is the size of a small country. 

The way he came across in interviews after Claudio’s sacking and some times last season was quite frankly a joke, you’d of thought he was the manager which a fair few have commented that he thinks he actually is.

On the flip side of that there’s absolutely no doubting he’s a club legend, I just feel it’s gone downhill over the last year and a half, probably because he feels like he should have moved after the title or after the champions league and possibly regrets staying loyal? 

I think I’d speak for everyone though in saying I wouldn’t begrudge him a move anywhere now, he’s earned it if you take out what I feel is a slow decline through lack of motivation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

Kasper was average all season and like mahrez would be good for both parties to have a fresh start

May seem extreme to other people but I somewhat agree with you, however no idea who we’d replace him with and for that reason we’ll have to keep him