Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Kasper - Chelsea and Roma. SSN

59 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Kasper’s the best keeper we’ve had since Shilton. Younger readers please google.

Quite why the odd mistake (which all keepers make) gets him such grief on here I don’t know.

We don’t need a keeper to push him either, just adequate cover. Do De Gea & Courtois beef pushing?

Harrumph!

Quite like pulled beef but not sure about pushed beef!

17 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

He makes quite a few mistakes? Does he? Can barely remember any off the top of my head. Not to say his decision making and positioning couldn't be better at times but it says it all when you look at the clubs he's linked with and the world cup he had.

Taking into account the Keepers that get labeled as World Class, I'm going to call Kasper World Class. We won't get a better replacement.

I don’t want to lose Kasper but he does make a fair few mistakes. Ones that aren’t necessarily mistakes just areas he lacks that other keepers don’t. 

Man City away sticks out as a mistake but again, could we improve on him? I’m not so sure we could. I’d keep him until we get someone as good in, which won’t happen while he’s still here. It’s a catch 22 situation we’re in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Did you know that the owners have horses in training called ‘fox kapser’, ‘Fox vardy’ and ‘fox Morgan’. These horses will likely be running this summer and autumn. I doubt they want to sell any of these players just yet. 

They can just change the story 

Tops favourite film kasper the ghost 

Tops favourite actor Morgan freeman

Crosses? Yes at times.

Freekicks? Absolutely.

Distribution? NO! Complete myth. 

The odd one will go out of play but that's true of any keeper, even Ederson. (Who, for what it's worth, I think is overrated. 10/10 for distribution but not got anything on Kasper when it comes to shot stopping.)

Kasper's distribution is one of his best qualities.

Yours,

A goalkeeper

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 3

There's a few good keepers about Burnley have two in Heaton an Pope, theirs  Romero at man United and lf you can get Fraser Forster confidence back he's a class act as well. But i'd rather hold onto Kasper Schmichel,whose a class act and a Leicester legend.

Edited by VIKTOR-LE5

53 minutes ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

There's a few good keepers about Burnley have two in Heaton an Pope, theirs  Romero at man United and lf you can get Fraser Forster confidence back he's a class act as well. But i'd rather hold onto Kasper Schmichel,whose a class act and a Leicester legend.

Don't forget Butland. Yes, he got relegated with Stoke, however it was the players in front of him that failed and not Butland. Could have been a lot worse without him. 

But definitely agree that Burnley will struggle to keep both Heaton and Pope happy. 

A few seasons ago Kasper was irreplaceable, now I feel there are good options IF he leaves, and more than one as well. 

• Like 1

For me this is a definite no, not selling, end of story. Kasper is so important to the team, and personally I would make him captain (although I know others will disagree). 

But heart aside and thinking logically... there's no way surely we could consider letting two goalkeepers go in the same window.

I'm not comfortable with their only being a few weeks left to go, needing to still replace Mahrez and bring maybe 1-2 more in and also needing to shift 6+ players and then facing the prospect of Schmeichel going. No doubt there'll be further hype over Maguire and it's a lot easier to reject if you've not already caved in on selling your other players you want to keep.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not comfortable with their only being a few weeks left to go, needing to still replace Mahrez and bring maybe 1-2 more in and also needing to shift 6+ players and then facing the prospect of Schmeichel going. No doubt there'll be further hype over Maguire and it's a lot easier to reject if you've not already caved in on selling your other players you want to keep.

I think one thing to remember is that most of the players we need to shift will move to Europe and their window is still 31st so it’ll be a busy deadline day if ours probably

• Like 1