Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Kasper - Chelsea and Roma. SSN

52 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Unless there is a silly offer, Burnley won't be selling either Pope or Heaton in this transfer window....might be a different story in January if one of them is not getting game time.

Given that you're only allowed to play one goalkeeper I'd say that was quite likely.

• Haha 2

If we are after a new keeper I want somebody Pickford esque that can use his feet and play the ball out from the back. I’m not sure Butland or even Pope might fit that bill? If he’s not easily replaceable then he stays no matter what Chelsea or anybody else offer.

15 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Slightly crying into my tea here that people are even considering this to be a good idea. :facepalm:

This.

De Gea, Lloris, Neuer - all considered by most to be 'top tier' goalkeepers. All of them made pretty horrendous errors at various points during the World Cup. Goalkeepers make mistakes sometimes, and Kasper is no different. You don't realise what you've got until it's gone, and I think we'd end up missing Kasper hugely if he went, particularly as there aren't exactly legions of top-class keepers out there begging for a club to snap them up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Maybe ask for zouma as part of the deal if Kasper leaves? Good young player who has played in the prem for a few years, looks to be over the injury he had and could be an option at cb/rb. 

I personally wouldn’t want Schmeichael to leave but IF his head does get swayed & the right offer comes in I honestly do believe like others have said, he deserves a move. 

IF we was to sell to Chelsea the thought of having Zouma in a back 3 with Evans & Maguire sounds quite appealing. Even if Kasper doesn’t go anywhere I think it’s something as a club we should look at if the price is right.

27 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

We will not acquire a better keeper. He is not faultless, but no keeper is. His influence on this team is huge. Unless he wants to go to a massive CL club, we should not entertain it, regardless of the offer. 

How on earth can you quantify that first point? I could name young keepers with the potential to be A LOT better than him

Onana and Lafont (sadly just moved) for a start! 

The second point... some might say it's too much of an influence... 

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

How on earth can you quantify that first point? I could name young keepers with the potential to be A LOT better than him

Onana and Lafont (sadly just moved) for a start! 

The second point... some might say it's too much of an influence... 

My gut instinct says he is a top keeper for our current level of club. Of course we could try a young pretender, but I think that is spinning the roulette wheel in hope that they are better. Given the choices I'd stick rather than twist.

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

If he could command his box he really would be world class. First or second in the world?

and if he could command their box he'd be a world class striker.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Unless there is a silly offer, Burnley won't be selling either Pope or Heaton in this transfer window....might be a different story in January if one of them is not getting game time.

Surely it's a given that one of them will not be getting game time.... unless you plan on playing one of them outfield!

I rate Kasper and think he's as good a goalkeeper as there is outside the top tier of De Gea, Courtois, Neuer, etc.

He's 32 this year though so I think it would be good business to sell him for £20m providing we have an obvious Plan B to replace him. Butland would be an obvious choice as he'll want out at Stoke and one of Pope or Heaton should be available quite easily as Burnley can't keep both happy long term. There may be options we have on the continent as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Precisely. Burnley are in a very strong position and are not pushovers.

1 hour ago, TeePee said:

This.

De Gea, Lloris, Neuer - all considered by most to be 'top tier' goalkeepers. All of them made pretty horrendous errors at various points during the World Cup. Goalkeepers make mistakes sometimes, and Kasper is no different. You don't realise what you've got until it's gone, and I think we'd end up missing Kasper hugely if he went, particularly as there aren't exactly legions of top-class keepers out there begging for a club to snap them up.

Lloris regularly makes massive mistakes from what I see of him.

38 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I rate Kasper and think he's as good a goalkeeper as there is outside the top tier of De Gea, Courtois, Neuer, etc.

He's 32 this year though so I think it would be good business to sell him for £20m providing we have an obvious Plan B to replace him. Butland would be an obvious choice as he'll want out at Stoke and one of Pope or Heaton should be available quite easily as Burnley can't keep both happy long term. There may be options we have on the continent as well.

Not sure it's that good a piece of business, £20m is nothing and would only buy us what is most likely an inferior player. Kasper can play at the highest level for at least another 5 seasons.

• Like 1

Regardless of if he stays or goes we need to find a new young up and coming Keeper. We chased Pikering for long enough, don't know why we didn't buy him before his value soared. Or the Russian kid Lunin.

Still it proves our instincts are right and we just need to capture the next one.

• Like 1