Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Kasper - Chelsea and Roma. SSN

Schmeichel's got to stay, and I hope he does. The next two, three years will be crucial for him and he's just approaching his goalkeeping peak.

One more season and he'll be in the club's all-time appearances Top 20.

I know there's certain aspects of his game that I find frustrating and other fans feel the same, but he's been a great servant to the club over the years and come up with some spectacular saves, too.

Realistically, however, the club are required to scout for successors at some point in the near future...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

The next two, three years will be crucial for him and he's just approaching his goalkeeping peak.

People keep saying this, but it is a massive assumption. Joe Hart is 6 months younger than Kasper..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brucey said:

People keep saying this, but it is a massive assumption. Joe Hart is 6 months younger than Kasper..

You have to think about what else he brings as a product of his age though. We are going to become such a young side... Kasper is invaluable to the team with the experience that he brings. Not just playing at a high level (world cup, CL), but also having to pick himself up after disappointments. I don't just see him as our goalkeeper - he's integral to the working of our transitioning team as we move forward. 

9 minutes ago, rachhere said:

You have to think about what else he brings as a product of his age though. We are going to become such a young side... Kasper is invaluable to the team with the experience that he brings. Not just playing at a high level (world cup, CL), but also having to pick himself up after disappointments. I don't just see him as our goalkeeper - he's integral to the working of our transitioning team as we move forward. 

I agree, what he brings to the dressing room is invaluable. We are unlikely to get relegated while he's here. Although I'm starting to question whether he almost has too much influence. But if we're looking purely at overall goalkeeping skills, I believe we could do better.

5 hours ago, Webbo said:

If Butland/Heaton/Pope are better alternatives, why don't Chelsea buy one of those instead?

Because they don't watch him every week. If it was that easy we could say the same about Slim or Musa or any of our signings that haven't worked out when other players available have?

5 minutes ago, FIF said:

Because they don't watch him every week. If it was that easy we could say the same about Slim or Musa or any of our signings that haven't worked out when other players available have?

I bet they do if they're thinking of signing him.

36 minutes ago, brucey said:

Chelsea got rid of Cech when he was only 18 months older than Kasper is now.

I'm a fan of Kasper and think he's just a level below the world's elite but if we get an offer of £20m+ and we have identified his replacement then it would be wise to consider it. It was bad timing for Lunin who was only 19 and has just gone to Real Madrid but if we had someone like that in mind then go for it.

Edited by Gerard

28 minutes ago, FIF said:

Hahahaha you genuinely think teams in this day and age don't heavily watch their transfer targets. We watch hours and hours of footage and yet we still get it wrong at times. 

31 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I'm a fan of Kasper and think he's just a level below the world's elite but if we get an offer of £20m+ and we have identified his replacement then it would be wise to consider it. It was bad timing for Lunin who was only 19 and has just gone to Real Madrid but if we had someone like that in mind then go for it.

I think the Cech comparison is a bit apples and oranges, as they had Thibaut Courtois ready to replace him, and ready to walk out the door if he wasn't #1 the next season - if we've got a Courtois waiting in the wings, brilliant, let's move him on! lol

37 minutes ago, Gerard said:

No way are we going to give a 19-year old the starting goalkeeper spot. No team would do that (exceptions prove the rule).

How come you're so obsessed with Lunin in the first place?

On 02/07/2018 at 15:12, Jobyfox said:

First thought:

Chelsea have Courtois and Caballero. Surely they wouldn’t sign an expensive goalkeeper they don’t need unless one of them is leaving?

Second thought:

They signed Drinkwater!

Courtois wanted by Real Madrid

40 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

No way are we going to give a 19-year old the starting goalkeeper spot. No team would do that (exceptions prove the rule).

How come you're so obsessed with Lunin in the first place?

I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with him. :rolleyes:

We were linked with him for £6m earlier this year, I'm more than happy to sign 19 yo international "wonderkids". I was hoping we'd qualify for the Europa League and he would come here as Kasper's No2 with the promise of playing in the Europa Cup games. Alas he's now gone to Real Madrid for £7.65m so that's that.

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with him. :rolleyes:

We were linked with him for £6m earlier this year, I'm more than happy to sign 19 yo international "wonderkids". I was hoping we'd qualify for the Europa League and he would come here as Kasper's No2 with the promise of playing in the Europa Cup games. Alas he's now gone to Real Madrid for £7.65m so that's that.

I applaud the attitude and the emphasis on youth, but you can't win much with kids alone in a team, need the right mix with experience. And goalkeepers get better later in their career, so using a 19-year old as a starting No. 1 would be slight madness.

Provided Courtois goes Real Madrid, then Lunin will find it even harder to break through. My guess is he'll be loaned out sooner than later.

Just now, MC Prussian said:

I applaud the attitude and the emphasis on youth, but you can't win much with kids alone in a team, need the right mix with experience. And goalkeepers get better later in their career, so using a 19-year old as a starting No. 1 would be slight madness.

Provided Courtois goes Real Madrid, then Lunin will find it even harder to break through. My guess is he'll be loaned out sooner than later.

There are a few exceptions with young GK's but generally I agree.

1 hour ago, fleckneymike said:

B92E7E92-947E-485E-B95A-DE773F1CDF54.thumb.png.826d51b92e884c86368779270d7c7389.pngStats wise

Squawka | Comparison matrix http://www2.squawka.com/comparison-matrix

Problem with looking at goalkeeper stats like that is that a lot of it will also depend on the quality of the team in front of the keeper, shit defence can boost the goalies stats for catches and punches and saves etc.

I think a really important stat on that though is the Saves per goal, which shows they are very similar in terms of how many shots they will face and save before they get beaten.

Average distribution length, having a higher distance isn't really a good thing when Puel is trying to introduce a short passing possession style.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I would be concerned about losing Vardy too, but thats not going to happen either :)

Out of interest which good options for Keepers out there, were you thinking about. Im assuming you are talking at least 'on par' with Kasper?

Not necessarily better or on par just good options . As others have mentioned Pope Heaton or Butland these are all good options  . They  may not all be as good as Kasper stat wise currently but are  young well except Heaton and improving keepers and some of the aspects of their game may already be better than Kaspers . Also they  have all been included it the England set up at some stage so obviously have something and can improve . 

Edited by baldeagle

17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Problem with looking at goalkeeper stats like that is that a lot of it will also depend on the quality of the team in front of the keeper, shit defence can boost the goalies stats for catches and punches and saves etc.

I think a really important stat on that though is the Saves per goal, which shows they are very similar in terms of how many shots they will face and save before they get beaten.

Average distribution length, having a higher distance isn't really a good thing when Puel is trying to introduce a short passing possession style.

The issue for me is that the things people criticise Kasper for: dealing with crosses, distribution and kicking Kasper is clearly and significantly better than Butland

• Like 2