Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez replacements

What do we think the plan is? 

From memory I think we've only been linked with 3 players that could be seen as wingers. 

Thorgan Hazard - isn't he close to joining Valencia?

Townsend

The lad who went to Southampton

Could it be a signing out of nowhere to replace him or are we going to give Gray the gig?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Reckon he might go with Gray, Albrighton, Diabaté and Barnes as our 4 wingers this season. Would we be happy with this?

They couldnt get 10 goals and 10 assists between them all... so no.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

Reckon he might go with Gray, Albrighton, Diabaté and Barnes as our 4 wingers this season. Would we be happy with this?

I’ll throw croissants at Puel for the remainder of his career here if he does that.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Stinks of relegation that lol shows how much Riyad has carried us creatively. 

• Like 2

Although, I don’t think we’ll be getting an sort of attacking replacement, I think we’ll be signing a centre back and that’s it. Perhaps another left back as well and then we’ll be done with the players available to play 532/523

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

Although, I don’t think we’ll be getting an sort of attacking replacement, I think we’ll be signing a centre back and that’s it. Perhaps another left back as well and then we’ll be done with the players available to play 532/523

What 3 at the back. Good idea. Has this ever been mentioned before?

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

But we’ll get a good portion of those from Maddison in a no.10 role. That’s the plan.

we literally cant put all our attacking threat on prospects though.. that would be absurd and could very well see us in a relegtion fight if none of them hit the ground running.

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

If that's the case, I hope Leicester fans don't expect too much. 12th-20th will be standard. I'd hate for fans to think we will be challanging for Europe or anything, it will just breed more negativity at games.!

Edited by OhYesNdidi

But we’ll get a good portion of those from Maddison in a no.10 role. That’s the plan.

We all hope so, but surely we can't bank on a player who's never played in the top flight in any country to come in and do the business straight away? Despite the price tag, we need to get behind Maddison and be patient as he hopefully becomes the number 10 we want and need.

That's why many of us feel we need that "marquee" signing who has done it before. Still no guarantee they could do it in the premier league or for us, but it just seems like a BIG risk to gamble on unproven players.

• Like 1

Just now, les-tah said:

we literally cant put all our attacking threat on prospects though.. that would be absurd and could very well see us in a relegtion fight if none of them hit the ground running.

It certainly doesn’t show great progression. It looks like it’s going that way though :nono:

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

It certainly doesn’t show great progression. It looks like it’s going that way though :nono:

This was always going to be the key thing the club needed to nail this summer. Lets see what rudkin and co have up their sleeve.

5 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

on a free Hatem ben Arfa

60 mill thauvin marseille

i could always see this as it was puel who tamed him and he had his best season with him... but there are no rumours  flying about at all so seems unlikely.

Edited by les-tah