Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez replacements

I think last night proved you need experience in the team and cant rely on all 'potentials', I.e Maddison, Diabate, Barnes Gray. Its a tough task but we have known Mahrez has been leaving for a long time so we should have someone lined up. But this is Leicester.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frany104 said:

How an Gabriel Barbosa getting on at Inter? We were interested in him before.

Back in Brazil - loaned out to Santos until the end of the year.

Surprisingly enough, hasn't played that much whilst on loan at Benfica last season. And there was no indication that he was injured.

An Italian football news portal recently crowned him worst player in the Serie A and gave him the "Bidone d'Oro" (Golden Thrash Can) award.

https://www.football-italia.net/115310/gabigol-gets-worst-player-‘award’

• Haha 1

On 11/07/2018 at 10:21, RoyFox said:

Roma tying to haggle (they won’t pay more then €30m/£26.5m).

There for the taking, by far the best option and RW is arguably his best position (10 games - 4 assists, 6 goals).

Ziyech - £30m would easily do it and £80k/wk, his passing range and control is pure filth. At the World Cup he was played far too deep, he needs on be on either wing or as a CAM. 

He's now being linked to Lyon.

My ideal replacements would have to be Hakim Ziyech, Jahanbakhsh, and Bertrand Traore. Ziyech is number one for me. I have read that Lyon might get him for 20m. If that is true then we need to seriously do some sort of protest outside of the stadium haha

16 minutes ago, ItsLeo said:

My ideal replacements would have to be Hakim Ziyech, Jahanbakhsh, and Bertrand Traore. Ziyech is number one for me. I have read that Lyon might get him for 20m. If that is true then we need to seriously do some sort of protest outside of the stadium haha

ZIyech would seem like a great signing on the face of it but maybe he has been sounded out and he doesn't fancy it or he wants European football.

It's wrong thinking to be looking for a Mahrez replacement. We need to be looking for players who are going to make our team better without putting silly and heavy tags around their necks.

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

It's wrong thinking to be looking for a Mahrez replacement. We need to be looking for players who are going to make our team better without putting silly and heavy tags around their necks.

That’s true tbf. However, just watch a video of Ziyech and you’ll see that he will make the team way better and he’s not just a 1 man team

We all know this is ending with £23.5m Andros Townsend so not much point posting. ??‍♂️ 

In other news just talked with a couple of friends & they rate the Iranian kid. Strong enough to play Prem, does the defensive side well too apparently. 

3 minutes ago, SportsNut1908 said:

We all know this is ending with £23.5m Andros Townsend so not much point posting. ??‍♂️ 

In other news just talked with a couple of friends & they rate the Iranian kid. Strong enough to play Prem, does the defensive side well too apparently. 

Are these 'friends' football scouts/managers/Iranian?

22 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Frankly ridiculous that we are not looking at players like this and Anderson. We seems to still be slow off the mark when it comes to identifying targets.

I agree we seem to be slow in finding a mahrez replacement as we've known for months that hes been leaving. But we were quick off the mark when we got Maguire and Evans in and got Ricardo done pretty early as well 

32 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

No but they play FM and have seen highlight video on youtube. :D

54 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Frankly ridiculous that we are not looking at players like this and Anderson. We seems to still be slow off the mark when it comes to identifying targets.

Why though? I agree Ziyech on the surface seems excellent, but I also think you could put 80% of the Dutch league in the championship and that 80% would prop up the league. The standard in defence is absolutely abysmal. If he moves to Lyon I wouldn't be surprised, because that's another league where he will look world class without exerting much effort. As for Anderson, strikes me as yet another who people just get excited about because he's Brazilian... his stats considering he's in Italy aren't exactly world beating, he's horrendously over priced and therefore perfect for West Ham lollol 

30 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I agree we seem to be slow in finding a mahrez replacement as we've known for months that hes been leaving. But we were quick off the mark when we got Maguire and Evans in and got Ricardo done pretty early as well 

How do you know this? We could have a couple lined up at contract stage, we've always been quite good at keeping things quiet, the majority of our transfer the last few years have been from threads that are just a couple of pages long, not these ridiculous 200 page rumour mill bollocks threads.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Why though? I agree Ziyech on the surface seems excellent, but I also think you could put 80% of the Dutch league in the championship and that 80% would prop up the league. The standard in defence is absolutely abysmal. If he moves to Lyon I wouldn't be surprised, because that's another league where he will look world class without exerting much effort. As for Anderson, strikes me as yet another who people just get excited about because he's Brazilian... his stats considering he's in Italy aren't exactly world beating, he's horrendously over priced and therefore perfect for West Ham lollol 

How do you know this? We could have a couple lined up at contract stage, we've always been quite good at keeping things quiet, the majority of our transfer the last few years have been from threads that are just a couple of pages long, not these ridiculous 200 page rumour mill bollocks threads.

True, i hope you're right. I would find it strange that the club doesnt have a replacement lined up for such a key player 

I was under the impression Elyounoussi had been heavily scouted for the last two seasons in preparation for Mahrez departing. For whatever reason we decided to opt against seriously bidding for him at a price that was fairly reasonable. The lack of rumours right now could mean we have failed to plan properly for this eventuality or it could be that the press genuinely don't know what's on the horizon for us, we no longer have a recruitment director who spouts his mouth off about our transfer targets.

I think we'll see some moves being made by us in the next 7-10 days, it's a surprise Puel hasn't wanted any replacement to be in line for a full pre-season with us but not everything goes to plan. We've done well to get the 3 signings done early, now we need to push on and bring in 1 or 2 more, along with binning off 6+ fringe players.

• Like 1

We’ve known that He’s been leaving for about 18 months and so have the people who matter at the club .I would have thought they have numerous irons in the fire and are just waiting to see which one will come off. The World Cup probable hasn’t helped  matters and once it’s over I would think quite a few clubs will make their moves 

3 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

No they are just ‘friends’ (whatever the quotation marks as supposed to imply). One is a doctor in Dubai, the other a financial director in Bahrain. Both travel thousands of miles watching football. All leagues & World Cups. They’ve seen the player 50 to more times but sorry for offending you so badly by giving a tiny bit of info on a player none of us have a scooby doo about. I’ll know my place next time. ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SportsNut1908 said:

No they are just ‘friends’ (whatever the quotation marks as supposed to imply). One is a doctor in Dubai, the other a financial director in Bahrain. Both travel thousands of miles watching football. All leagues & World Cups. They’ve seen the player 50 to more times but sorry for offending you so badly by giving a tiny bit of info on a player none of us have a scooby doo about. I’ll know my place next time. ?

Don't get so defensive.

You didn't bother to tell us that your friends had seen him play.

Little bits of info like that make the difference between people treating your post as serious or it coming over as you and a couple of mates with opinions based on fcuk all.

Edited by hackneyfox