Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez replacements

10 minutes ago, SpazticChicken said:

Ante Rebic please, would compliment our pace with some aggression & intelligence

lol His end product is dreadful most of the time and signing players on the back of a world cup is never a good idea.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SportsNut1908 said:

I hope this forum never changes. Where would it be without miserable cynical know it all cvunts ?

On the Derby Forum may be??

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I would think that due to a lack of noise around a Mahrez replacement I would guess that our targets have either moved elsewhere or turned us down.

Or we’re not going to replace him with a winger because we’re going to play 352 and we’ve replaced his creativity already with Maddison

kasper

maguire - Morgan - evans

Perreira                            Chilwell

Ndidi      Silva/Iborra    

Maddison

Nacho

Vardy

14 minutes ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Or we’re not going to replace him with a winger because we’re going to play 352 and we’ve replaced his creativity already with Maddison

kasper

maguire - Morgan - evans

Ndidi      Silva/Iborra    

Maddison

Nacho

Vardy

Lol, hope not

13 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Lol, hope not

Do you post anything positive about our team?

Maddison looks great and he's young and a position of need. I think that formation looks very interesting though I'd have thought we'll end up playing Diabaté or Gray in a wide frontman role but I'd like to see us compact the midfield like that and make the opposition attack down the wings.

Mahrez has gone, you need to move on.

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

Maddison looks great and he's young and a position of need. I think that formation looks very interesting though I'd have thought we'll end up playing Diabaté or Gray in a wide frontman role but I'd like to see us compact the midfield like that and make the opposition attack down the wings.

That team would have meant we'd have made a profit this transfer window, not actively tried to improve the team & putting all the pressure on Maddison to be a success. Also, seeing Morgan in any starting 11 is just baffling, he must be a strikers dream to play against now. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, FIF said:

We needed a Maddison type player when we already had Mahrez in the team.. We still need someone to replace Mahrez in my opinion.. The team should not have to rely on 1 player for overall creativity which now looks like it has been pushed onto Maddison and we dont know whether he can step it up straight away!   Of what i have seen of Diabate and Gray they dont look like they can deliver that right now.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, les-tah said:

We needed a Maddison type player when we already had Mahrez in the team.. We still need someone to replace Mahrez in my opinion.. The team should not have to rely on 1 player for overall creativity which now looks like it has been pushed onto Maddison and we dont know whether he can step it up straight away!   Of what i have seen of Diabate and Gray they dont look like they can deliver that right now.

Hellelujah, 100% agree. We always needed more creativity in the team than just Mahrez, you can't rely on one maverick player to make the difference. Especially when your central midfielders possess the limited skill set that ours do and up until the summer our full backs are the pits going forward. The only way I could see us coping without a Mahrez type player is if we go 3-4-1-2 but we still would need another shit hot central midfielder who's dynamic and comfortable covering a number of roles and areas of the pitch. This would still leave me a little nervous but if we are sticking with 4-2-3-1 then we are crying out for a wide forward and another central midfielder if Silva can't be trusted.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

kasper

maguire - Morgan - evans

Ndidi      Silva/Iborra    

Maddison

Nacho

Vardy

I agree with your general premise but not the personnel/formation.  Based on history I think we will play with 4 at the back but I do think you may be right that we wont replace him directly.  I think what is more likely is to play with a more orthodox "number 10" in Maddison (and/or another player) and then play with two slightly more orthodox wingers either side.  Something along the lines (and I say "along the lines" so that the usual nobbers are not all like "that team wud get rellugated lolz bantz PUELOUT", we definitely need a quality winger to come in).....

Kasper

Pereira  Maguire  Evans  Chilwell

Ndidi  Silva

Diabate  Maddison  Gray

Vardy

Yes, obviously, to state a second time, another winger is needed with Diabate, Albrighton and Gray battling for the other place.

We'll see, I may be way off but I do feel we won't just go out and try and sign "Mahrez Mk 2". 

X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, les-tah said:

Agree, we also needed a quality right back behind him which it looks like we also now have.  It's a shame we will never see him in the current set up as I think we could have really pushed on again but onwards we go I suppose.  I say sign that Mbappe fella, looks half decent.  X

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Agree, we also needed a quality right back behind him which it looks like we also now have.  It's a shame we will never see him in the current set up as I think we could have really pushed on again but onwards we go I suppose.  I say sign that Mbappe fella, looks half decent.  X

100% .. So now Man City get to see the better Mahrez with great players around him which will prove hes actually worth about 140 million ha ha.

We are another similar (ish) Mahrez type player away from a great team again,This will be the most important part of the window in how we replace him.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Buce said:

Sorted.

image.png.b29275966797ff719e935df7d7fb173e.png

I'm not sure a young child could replace him?  What are the rules on age limits in the PL?  I find it hard to believe you would think a young child could replace a player of his quality? Who is she anyway, who does she play for?  X

Edited by RumbleFox

18 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Anyone considered Richarlson? Ticks the boxes for me

He’s obviously got talent but is also horrendously inconsistent: he scored five and assisted three last season but he hasn’t got an assist since December and hasn’t scored since November. Seems a bit risky.

37 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Don’t usually go on the transfer forum, are we actually pursuing for someone to replace Mahrez? Because if we are banking on Maddison I would be worried. Reminds me of Puel replacing Mane with Redmond when at Southampton.

We appear to be, yeah. Mohamed Elyounouss was linked a lot, as was Abdülkadir Ömür and Alireza Jahanbakhsh