Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez replacements

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

ALRIGHT. SO, Apart from the Premier League title, the Championship title and the quarter finals of the Champions League.... WHAT has 4 at the back ever done for US?!!!

I wanted to know why some people are so obsessed with the idea of three at the back NOW, after all the recent success we've had with four at the back, and why do people think Puel will suddenly change his system NOW, after having used a back four for three pre-season matches in a row now?

EDIT: Maybe this discussion is better suited for another thread...

Edited by MC Prussian

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I'll be pissed if Ricardo ends up as a winger. Spent 2 years needing a RB then we sign a great attacking one only to be stuck with Simpson booting the ball to the other team for another season.

I doubt he will play Simpson, don’t think he is puels cup of tea and I don’t think he has featured much pre season has he?

1 minute ago, Chelve84 said:

I doubt he will play Simpson, don’t think he is puels cup of tea and I don’t think he has featured much pre season has he?

I think he was injured. But I dont think any of our other options for RB fit Puel's system. None of them can get forward like Ricardo would.

Edited by lgfualol
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I'll be pissed if Ricardo ends up as a winger. Spent 2 years needing a RB then we sign a great attacking one only to be stuck with Simpson booting the ball to the other team for another season.

Only we’d replace our most creative player ever with a right back. Bet it won’t be long till we go Simpson and Ricardo on the right and Fuchs and Chilwell on the left.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

We're not going to play a back four in three successive pre-season matches and then abandon that idea completely once the season starts.

Again, I don't understand where that fascination for a three-at-the-back formation stems from.

You've misread what I've said. If Pereira starts at right wing it's essentially a similar set up to us playing wingbacks which is 5 defenders, 2 central midfielders, 2 attacking midfielders and a striker. People asking for 3 at the back and then moaning that Pereira might be played at right wing are hypocrites.

Pretty sure now there will be no Mahrez replacement.

Seems strange that we would sell our most creative player with no back up plan to replace immediately.

Although I think the players we have bought in seem fairly decent we still need that spark player that can change games.

This is looking like a transfer window where the arrivals will cost no more than the price of Mahrez.

Edited by FoxyPalace.com

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

You've misread what I've said. If Pereira starts at right wing it's essentially a similar set up to us playing wingbacks which is 5 defenders, 2 central midfielders, 2 attacking midfielders and a striker. People asking for 3 at the back and then moaning that Pereira might be played at right wing are hypocrites.

You can still have Pereira on the right wing, and that with a back four (Maguire/Evans, Maguire/Morgan, Evans/Morgan in the middle). The currently tested 4-2-3-1 (with Maddison as CAM). Or 4-3-3 (Silva, Iborra, Ndidi) or whatever you want to call it.

We currently have two other right-backs that are more defensively oriented, Simpson and Amartey.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

You can still have Pereira on the right wing, and that with a back four (Maguire/Evans, Maguire/Morgan, Evans/Morgan in the middle). The currently tested 4-2-3-1 (with Maddison as CAM). Or 4-3-3 (Silva, Iborra, Ndidi) or whatever you want to call it.

We currently have two other right-backs that are more defensively oriented, Simpson and Amartey.

Well you've kind of answered it yourself both Simpson and Amartey are defence orientated so would be more like a 3rd central defender but either way by playing Pereira there it wouldnt make us any more defensive or less attacking than if we went 3 at the back.

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

ALRIGHT. SO, Apart from the Premier League title, the Championship title and the quarter finals of the Champions League.... WHAT has 4 at the back ever done for US?!!!

NOBODY expects the 3 across the back.....

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

Wish we had bought Gylfi. But no... he was too much money.. whinge whine.. and now we are sat on piles of dosh demanding high fees for our players because we don't need or have to sell.  

Sigurddson was a terrible buy for £45m and that was apparent from the moment they bought him.

Good player but not a great player and Everton now find themselves with a player who isn't good enough for a top six side and is 13 months from his 30th birthday. If they resold him they'd be looking at a huge loss. It's signing like that which holds clubs backwards as a terrible allocation of resources.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

NOBODY expects the 3 across the back.....

Our chief weapon is surprise. Surprise and fear. Our two main weapons are fear and surprise. And Wasilewski. Three! Our three main weapons are fear, surprise, Wasilewski, and an almost fanatical devotion to Robert Huth. Ah four. AMONGST our weaponry are such diverse elements as fear, surpris---- I'll come in again. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1