Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez replacements

5 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Six days to go and still a decent amount of quality wingers available, either on a free or for relatively little money (although I'm using "little" rather freely these days).

Bailey

Bernard

Hazard

Promes

Bellarabi - although he suffered a scare in pre-season with Leverkusen when he blacked out and was left unconscious for 30 minutes or so (heatstroke?)

Sarabia

Castillejo - release clause of £30m

Pulisic

(Januzaj)

You seriously think we could sign Pulisic or Bailey lol

May as well see if we can get Messi while we're at it

I don't see why we wouldn't be targeting a player like Bailey.

He plays for Leverkusen, not Barcelona. They will have a breaking point and at 20, he isn't the finished article yet and probably wouldn't be guaranteed 38+ games a season with a team like Chelsea. We also have the ability to give him a huge wage increase, if reports on what Leverkusen pay him are true. 

We still have owners who are capable of spending big if they want, and do have a history of it, although I do admit this would require our biggest fee yet. Certainly not unthinkable though, as some would have us believe. 

I still have faith that our owners want to really push to be an elite Premier League Club, and as we are actually in profit this window so far and in desperate need of a "Big" signing to attempt to fill the void of Mahrez, then I honestly think this transfer is achievable for us. Add to the fact themightyfin says we are trying to get a big name in that's been already mentioned on here, then hopefully we can all dream a little of this being a genuine possibility.

• Like 3

Bailey is exactly the sort of player we should be after with significant sell on value. We have the money and can give him a significant wage rise. 

Unlikely to come but if if you don’t ask......

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

He plays for Leverkusen, not Barcelona. They will have a breaking point and at 20, he isn't the finished article yet and probably wouldn't be guaranteed 38+ games a season with a team like Chelsea. We also have the ability to give him a huge wage increase, if reports on what Leverkusen pay him are true. 

We still have owners who are capable of spending big if they want, and do have a history of it, although I do admit this would require our biggest fee yet. Certainly not unthinkable though, as some would have us believe. 

I still have faith that our owners want to really push to be an elite Premier League Club, and as we are actually in profit this window so far and in desperate need of a "Big" signing to attempt to fill the void of Mahrez, then I honestly think this transfer is achievable for us. Add to the fact themightyfin says we are trying to get a big name in that's been already mentioned on here, then hopefully we can all dream a little of this being a genuine possibility.

That would be the dream.

Leverkusen to Leicester though is a sideways move at best but if the money is better and an elite level club don't come knocking this window then why not? On the plus side he said he wants to move to the PL and will get a chance to play with his mate Ndidi. He'd probably want a release fee but I'm all for signing the best young players in the world that are available to you. Even if he doesn't live up to expectations you can still move him on for a loss as someone will want to take a chance on him. Better signing players like him rather than older big money signings that you can't move on and you're hit twice for it as you struggle to sell and they remain on the wage bill.

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

That would be the dream.

Leverkusen to Leicester though is a sideways move at best but if the money is better and an elite level club don't come knocking this window then why not? On the plus side he said he wants to move to the PL and will get a chance to play with his mate Ndidi. He'd probably want a release fee but I'm all for signing the best young players in the world that are available to you. Even if he doesn't live up to expectations you can still move him on for a loss as someone will want to take a chance on him. Better signing players like him rather than older big money signings that you can't move on and you're hit twice for it as you struggle to sell and they remain on the wage bill.

Sideways yes but its best league in the world! and Leon Bailey has said before he wants a British passport so a move to England very very likely whether its us or not who knows.

Edited by les-tah

49 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Leverkusen are currently in Austria :ph34r:

EF96622A-2076-4DE7-B9BE-E1AA53930222.jpeg

I know you're trying to cause a bit of excitement... but literally the flight below shows it came from Bangkok... so it probably stopped to refuel mate given that it was only there an hour lol 

Edited by AjcW

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I know you're trying to cause a bit of excitement... but literally the flight below shows it came from Bangkok... so it probably stopped to refuel mate given that it was only there an hour lol 

They dropped off Rudkin. Fact. 

Maybe.

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Why do you have to kill all my hope lol

43 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

This makes me erect

34 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Teams like Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool etc would all take Bailey if he was available.

Hes a first team starter with Leverkusen, who get into Europe every year. 

Weve just sold one of our best players and our team isn't really 'progressing' to get near the top 6.

Dont get me wrong I would love it to happen.

But seriously.... why the fcuk would he come here?

This isn't Felipe Anderson or even Seri. This is Leon Bailey who will be Hazard level in a few years time.

Unless we get bought by Sheiks and offer stupid money to both the club and him it's never gonna happen.

When has anything like this happened to a club of our size? Possibly Tevez / Mascherano to WHU and that was only cos the deal was dodgy as **** 

Now I understand that famous NFP quote about our fans 

9 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Thanks nobhead. :nigel:

:D

Edited by SecretPro
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Thanks nobhead. :nigel:

:D

On the flip-side of that.... our owners are in town early considering we don't play until next Friday... might be meeting some new signings lol 

• Haha 1

So we have known Mahrez is off for ages but only seem to be linked to average players that are no better than the average wingers we have. Now we are panic buying like we did with Silva, Slimani etc.

Something's gone wrong here.

Edited by lgfualol

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

So we have known Mahrez is off for ages but only seem to be linked to average players that are no better than the average wingers we have. Now we are panic buying like we did with Silva, Slimani etc.

Something's gone wrong here.

Slimani cost us £30m, this ghezzal guy is only £4-5m

Edited by OhYesNdidi

2 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Teams like Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool etc would all take Bailey if he was available.

Hes a first team starter with Leverkusen, who get into Europe every year. 

Weve just sold one of our best players and our team isn't really 'progressing' to get near the top 6.

Dont get me wrong I would love it to happen.

But seriously.... why the fcuk would he come here?

This isn't Felipe Anderson or even Seri. This is Leon Bailey who will be Hazard level in a few years time.

Unless we get bought by Sheiks and offer stupid money to both the club and him it's never gonna happen.

When has anything like this happened to a club of our size? Possibly Tevez / Mascherano to WHU and that was only cos the deal was dodgy as **** 

Now I understand that famous NFP quote about our fans 

Teams like Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea would put a player like Bailey on the bench, because they're already stocked with plenty of other options.

Bailey already is a first-team regular for Leverkusen, why would he want to switch to the Premier League only to sit on the bench on a regular basis?

Leverkusen missed out on European football last season and also didn't win the German Cup - so, pretty much the same situation there with regards to sportive perspectives.

In case you've forgotten, we just netted (at least) £60m from the sale of Mahrez. And our owners are billionaires.

Just now, MC Prussian said:

Teams like Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea would put a player like Bailey on the bench, because they're already stocked with plenty of other options.

Bailey already is a first-team regular for Leverkusen, why would he want to switch to the Premier League only to sit on the bench on a regular basis?

Leverkusen missed out on European football last season and also didn't win the German Cup - so, pretty much the same situation there with regards to sportive perspectives.

In case you've forgotten, we just netted (at least) £60m from the sale of Mahrez. And our owners are billionaires.

...also Bailey is apparently on a very low wage at Leverkusen. We can offer wages of up to £100k.

He is friends with N'didi.

Declared he wanted to play in the Prem.

Talks a lot about being at a club he can develop at before his destined big move.

I'd suggest we are a very possible option as a stepping stone in his next stage of development.

Of course Leverkusen don't have to sell, but we aren't dealing with a mega rich club here and £35-40million which we were prepared to go to for Sigurdsson, could force their hand. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

...also Bailey is apparently on a very low wage at Leverkusen. We can offer wages of up to £100k.

He is friends with N'didi.

Declared he wanted to play in the Prem.

Talks a lot about being at a club he can develop at before his destined big move.

I'd suggest we are a very possible option as a stepping stone in his next stage of development.

Of course Leverkusen don't have to sell, but we aren't dealing with a mega rich club here and £35-40million which we were prepared to go to for Sigurdsson, could force their hand. 

Would love to believe this to be true, but I don’t believe we’re willing to shell out 35-40 million this time around. First, Sigurdsson was viewed as the quintessential “missing piece” last season and so we were willing to take that risk to complete the team. Also, this fee doesn’t gel with our current philosophy of overhauling through buying relatively inexpensive and versatile young talent (20-25 million) and developing perhaps with a view to selling high. Profit margin on Bailey would be too small based on the “small club factor” which seemed to negatively influence the lower than hoped/expected fee most felt we received for Mahrez. Of course, it might not take 35-40 for Bailey in which case, game on.