Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez replacements

18 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I don't see why we wouldn't be targeting a player like Bailey.

He plays for Leverkusen, not Barcelona. They will have a breaking point and at 20, he isn't the finished article yet and probably wouldn't be guaranteed 38+ games a season with a team like Chelsea. We also have the ability to give him a huge wage increase, if reports on what Leverkusen pay him are true. 

We still have owners who are capable of spending big if they want, and do have a history of it, although I do admit this would require our biggest fee yet. Certainly not unthinkable though, as some would have us believe. 

I still have faith that our owners want to really push to be an elite Premier League Club, and as we are actually in profit this window so far and in desperate need of a "Big" signing to attempt to fill the void of Mahrez, then I honestly think this transfer is achievable for us. Add to the fact themightyfin says we are trying to get a big name in that's been already mentioned on here, then hopefully we can all dream a little of this being a genuine possibility.

This would be the signing of the summer #believe

• Like 1

I get the impression that initially Puel intended for our current wingers to pick up the slack that Riyad left and gave them preseason to get their acts together. That's not a bad way to do things because he is a coach that likes to give young players a chance. However, given their performances he's realised that we are big time short in that area and thus wants some signings in. That's why the Riyad replacements look rushed and half-arsed compared to our earlier transfer business which were clearly planned and executed well in advance.

I really fear this is the Kante situation all over again. We've let one of our best ever players go and are going to replace him with some indifferent players at best. I know that eventually we did replace Kante with a very good player in Ndidi, but it took six months of learning the hard way before we got him in.

I really hope I am wrong on this, but it's obvious we didn't have a direct replacement lined up and that is a huge mistake which could cost us badly :(

It's a shame because Ricardo, Evans and Maddison I am very pleased with and thought the club did well getting them in, and getting them in early.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3

Would everyone like to calm down? We’re not going to sign someone who plays in Maddison’s position. ZIYECH IS NOT A WINGER! 

And when I’ve seen him all he does is move from the half way line to the edge of the area occasionally spreading it wide. 

Weve got twice the player in Maddison IMO

And I’m sure we will sign another winger also 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Would everyone like to calm down? We’re not going to sign someone who plays in Maddison’s position. ZIYECH IS NOT A WINGER! 

And when I’ve seen him all he does is move from the half way line to the edge of the area occasionally spreading it wide. 

You'll get a barrage of people saying he can play anywhere in the 3 behind the striker, and he started out as a RW but I'm with you, Maddison looks class. Get Hazard on the left and I'd be much happier than shoe horning Ziyech in. 

2 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

You'll get a barrage of people saying he can play anywhere in the 3 behind the striker, and he started out as a RW but I'm with you, Maddison looks class. Get Hazard on the left and I'd be much happier than shoe horning Ziyech in. 

He can play anywhere behind the front man

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

lol aye expecting it! Let’s be honest most AM’s can play anywhere across... doesn’t mean they’re good at it ?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AjcW said:

This