Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez replacements

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we want him to play in a 3-4-1-2 with the option to play out wide if needs be. 

I was about to reply saying that you'll rattle all of the 'WE WILL NEVER EVER PLAY 3 AT THE BACK AND SO DON'T EVER SPEAK OF IT' brigade.

But they can't wait to pitch up to tell us that despite acquiring the personnel to make it an option Puel is a rigid 4231 man who has never changed a formation...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

They'll be no replacement, just a change in formation with Ricardo as a wingback.

I think it will be 4 at the back. At Nice he played 4-1-2-1-2 I think? At Southampton it was a 4-3-3/4-1-2-1-2 and at lcfc it's mainly been 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1. 

3 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I was convinced we'd be getting Ben Arfa. Still wouldn't mind that, but it wouldn't surprise me if we play Maddison where Riyad was.

If we play Maddison on the wing I may just lose it completely.

• Like 3

I’ve heard there’s a change of formation coming, so I wouldn’t be surprised to not see a like for like replacement. Puel doesn’t want to rock the boat by axing Wes from the side and the signing of Evans who is comfortable defending out wide like Maguire makes me convinced we will see a variation of 3-5-2 (3-4-1-2)

Prediction for first game of the season:

Kasper

Evans

Morgan

Maguire

Pereira

Choudhury

Ndidi

Chilwell

Maddison

Vardy

Iheanacho

6 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’ve heard there’s a change of formation coming, so I wouldn’t be surprised to not see a like for like replacement. Puel doesn’t want to rock the boat by axing Wes from the side and the signing of Evans who is comfortable defending out wide like Maguire makes me convinced we will see a variation of 3-5-2 (3-4-1-2)

Kasper

Evans

Morgan

Maguire

Pereira

Choudhury

Ndidi

Chilwell

Maddison

Vardy

Iheanacho

Hmm 3 at the back with our two wingbacks - interesting idea. Does Puel normally play a 3 at the back?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Kasper

Evans

Morgan

Maguire

Pereira

Choudhury

Ndidi

Chilwell

Maddison

Vardy

Iheanacho

Really hope this isn't the case. Not sure Choudhury is good enough, Morgan is 100% not good enough & we will lack creativity.

• Like 2

Mahrez and vardy are the difference between top 10 and relegation battle.

Sell one ? They need replacing ASAP. 

We have known mahrez was going  to depart, since January. 

Surerly we should be replacing him before whole squad report back for training?

A whole lot of goals and assists ....!

• Like 1

What percentage of Riyad's assists are from taking our corners and free kicks.. about half maybe? Maddison should be able to get similar numbers as the new set piece taker. Maybe Pereira can chip in with the rest of the assists. Replacing his goals will be a bigger issue..

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

What percentage of Riyad's assists are from taking our corners and free kicks.. about half maybe? Maddison should be able to get similar numbers as the new set piece taker. Maybe Pereira can chip in with the rest of the assists. Replacing his goals will be a bigger issue..

We can’t rely on Maddison too much this season! He’s coming back from a injury and he will probably struggle this season due to getting used to the league

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brucey said:

3 I think, Brighton (H) Arsenal (A) Tottenahm (A)?

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

We can’t rely on Maddison too much this season! He’s coming back from a injury and he will probably struggle this season due to getting used to the league

You can rely on him for set pieces if he plays, he's unreal at them.

I'm please with our business so far, it be pretty solid!

However if we only bringing in Maddison and maybe Roberts in attacking positions to replace Mahrez, I would be very concerned.

Both our talented, but unproven at this level and it would be a lot of pressure on young shoulders.

Edited by coolhandfox

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Believe in the Caterpillar hair!

LC9108-007.JPG

Clearly trying to one-up Riyad's blonde hairdo last season lol

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if this was the case. Diabate on the right and another lowkey gem from France for the LW spot wouldn’t be the end of the world.

I know it’s risky but we will need to sign unproven talent as Mahrez’s replacement, because we aren’t going to be splashing 60m on a proven winger like some fans want.