Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez replacements

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if this was the case. Diabate on the right and another lowkey gem from France for the LW spot wouldn’t be the end of the world.

I know it’s risky but we will need to sign unproven talent as Mahrez’s replacement, because we aren’t going to be splashing 60m on a proven winger like some fans want. 

Diabate plays better on the left IMO. 

21 minutes ago, Shane said:

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if this was the case. Diabate on the right and another lowkey gem from France for the LW spot wouldn’t be the end of the world.

I know it’s risky but we will need to sign unproven talent as Mahrez’s replacement, because we aren’t going to be splashing 60m on a proven winger like some fans want. 

We go that route we may well be in trouble! 

The upside of 3412 or 352 is that Nacho gets a run alongside Vards.

The downsides are threefold:

- Morgan plays unless we buy another starter for CB (assuming CP has the clout to drop Wes);

- Huge pressure on Maddison to create everything in his first season in the PL

- No starting place for our wingers, any of them

Just saying.

I’d be happy to replace Mahrez with (in the knowledge that we already have Maddison’s creativity):

Hakim Ziyech 

Thorgan Hazard

Xherdan Shaqiri (yes Shaqiri, sorry!)

Hirving Lozano 

Alireza Jahanbakhsh

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Hakim Ziyech 

Hirving Lozano 

Alireza Jahanbakhsh

ya they all look good in Eredivisie,but a lot players coming from that league did nothing in better league and clubs

i am really curious what these guys will do outside of netherlands 

Edited by tsintskaro

25 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

ya they all look good in Eredivisie,but a lot players coming from that league did nothing in better league and clubs

i am really curious what these guys will do outside of netherlands 

All had personally good world cups too, so there’s an indication that they are decent players away from the Eredivisie 

4 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

I’d be happy to replace Mahrez with (in the knowledge that we already have Maddison’s creativity):

Hakim Ziyech 

Thorgan Hazard

Hirving Lozano 

Alireza Jahanbakhsh

Are you RoyFox in disguise :ph34r:

(I agree though)

The chances of us getting one player in as a direct replacement that will contribute as many goals and assists are slim to none. We basically need 2 quality wide players, that score goals and get assists one on each side for the money we get for Mahrez which is another reason I really hope some of the figures being banded about are untrue. 60m and we pay 15m for Roberts (nett 45) heads should roll if that's true. Roberts may well go on to be quality for us but if true we have been had in the current market.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Hakim Ziyech 

Thorgan Hazard

Hirving Lozano 

Alireza Jahanbakhsh

So a whole bunch of people that probably wouldn't come here then. Nice. 

17 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Who do you want?

Well half of your list would be lovely, I just can't see it. 

Lozano for example is destined by snapped up by a champions league club post world cup, it looks like Liverpool want Shaqiri (I've no idea why), Ziyech has been a target for CL clubs for a while and is heavily linked with Roma and Inter and Valencia are interested in Hazard. 

End of the day, whoever we sign will be a disappointment post Mahrez. I've no idea who I really want that's actually realistic. 

18 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’ve heard there’s a change of formation coming, so I wouldn’t be surprised to not see a like for like replacement. Puel doesn’t want to rock the boat by axing Wes from the side and the signing of Evans who is comfortable defending out wide like Maguire makes me convinced we will see a variation of 3-5-2 (3-4-1-2)

Prediction for first game of the season:

Kasper

Evans

Morgan

Maguire

Pereira

Choudhury

Ndidi

Chilwell

Maddison

Vardy

Iheanacho

I really hope that's not our starting lineup.  On paper, we'll be fighting off relegation.

Trying to replace Mahrez is crucial. Arguably, we've struggled to replace or improve on any of the Pearson era signings, with the exception of Maguire for Huth. I appreciate it's impossible for a club of our size to replace the likes of Kante and Mahrez, as they are world class and we're not going to attract a player of better quality, but it doesn't bode well when we've failed to replace Drinkwater and spaffed 35m in the process.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Diabate plays better on the left IMO. 

Personally I think his best position is on the bench. If we’re seriously considering him to take Mahrezs starting spot we’re in trouble. Got something about him but nothing to suggest he’d contribute enough goals or assists over a season to justify being a starter.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Announce Quintero

13 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I'd love him at Leicester.

He's looked good at the World Cup but you probably want to go and read up on him a bit. 

He's gone back to South America on a couple of loan spells having really, really struggled to settle and make any impression in Europe. He's been on the books at Porto for absolutely ages and has never really adjusted. 

He's got bags of technical ability but huge questions over his mental strength. 

There'll be a flood of interest after this world cup no doubt and he's still young enough to make a tidy crack at a career in Europe but he'll be a big risk for anyone. 

• Like 1

Some tentative rumours in France,  Puel may go after Bertrand Traore. I’d be fine with that, he has been shooting a bit too much from distance at Lyon, however he’s rapid, is a good passer and has natural goalscoring ability (49 goals to date). Plus a decent age at 22. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

He's looked good at the World Cup but you probably want to go and read up on him a bit. 

He's gone back to South America on a couple of loan spells having really, really struggled to settle and make any impression in Europe. He's been on the books at Porto for absolutely ages and has never really adjusted. 

He's got bags of technical ability but huge questions over his mental strength. 

There'll be a flood of interest after this world cup no doubt and he's still young enough to make a tidy crack at a career in Europe but he'll be a big risk for anyone. 

Cheers for that, i had been wondering about why he had moved back to South America on loan. Im sure the commentator also said he didnt play in any of Colombia's world cup qualifiers but was recalled for the tournament. Ideally we need a player that is proven and risk free but that is not easy to find unfortunately. Every player from abroad that hasn't played in the prem comes with risks but its also very difficult to get genuine quality that has played in the prem. They normally play for the top 6 teams

Edited by jayfox26

12 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

Some tentative rumours in France,  Puel may go after Bertrand Traore. I’d be fine with that, he has been shooting a bit too much from distance at Lyon, however he’s rapid, is a good passer and has natural goalscoring ability (49 goals to date). Plus a decent age at 22. 

I would be happy with this. However he would be competition for Vards & Nacho, not a replacement for Mahrez?

Edited by Bluearmyfox28