Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez replacements

46 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I would be happy with this. However he would be competition for Vards & Nacho, not a replacement for Mahrez?

He can play any attacking position. According to who scored he played 26 times on the right and 7 times upfront last season. 

Would be an expensive buy for sure, his stats are impressive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I would be happy with this. However he would be competition for Vards & Nacho, not a replacement for Mahrez?

No he’s played more at right wing these days

8676C8B9-88FC-49C5-B895-1D205A36C4C8.png

Could it be a case of playing the waiting game on a replacement?

Obviously he will be hard to replace but we didn't get to grips with Kante's departure until N'Didi arrived in January 2017. Would it be worth looking at the form of who we have (Gray, Diabate) and hope they can step up to lead us into a good position. If not then maybe seek out an alternative.

Some of our best signings have been made in January in recent years (Mahrez, Huth, N'Didi)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pete Campbell said:

I think it will be Diabate on the left, Gray on the right

I honestly have no idea with that, we’ve got to give them a proper chance. As much as others are going to want instant results, it ain’t gonna happen over night 

Edited by lcfc sheff
  • Like 1

Saif-Eddine Khaoui, 23 year old left-footer who plays mostly as an attacking mid but can also right wing. 

Just watched this video of him and his balance and footwork reminds me of a certain someone else we picked up from obscurity in the French league. ?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Shambles said:

Saif-Eddine Khaoui, 23 year old left-footer who plays mostly as an attacking mid but can also right wing. 

Just watched this video of him and his balance and footwork reminds me of a certain someone else we picked up from obscurity in the French league. ?

Looks a good shout. What would worry me is do Tunisians tend to be fan-boys as per our Algerian contingency?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Zinchenko at man city could be a good replacement. Can play left wing back but predominantly a midfielder/number 10 for Ukraine and previously has played right wing when he was in holland. Wolves linked today for 16mill but we could hopefully get him instead of roberts

He's never scored a goal at professional level and you want him to replace Riyad? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

He's never scored a goal at professional level and you want him to replace Riyad? 

That is actually very true ? well spotted! He may help as more of a left wing back or creative midfielder as we are not going to be able to rely on one player to step up to riyads standard for goals and assists. A mixture of a traore as an example, zinchenko and maddison behind vardy with attacking wing backs could make the overall team stronger than relying on a bit of magic from one attacking mid.