Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Sweden V England Quarter Final 7th July 15:00 KO

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

lol Welbeck, the man made of biscuits, against the current Swedish back line? Your only hope would be set pieces.

aren’t you pretending to be scottish?

3 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

He will end up in pieces 

and you pretending to be irish? 

ahahahah 

I think the win on penalties will be a bigger confidence boost than just winning in normal time would've been. Ain't got no time for negativity, we've a great chance of progressing against a team most people would be saying Colombia would beat, well we've just beaten Colombia. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

We will win probably 1-0 or 2-1

Sweden are solid but unspectacular and we have better players etc

no disrespect but we should be winning this game

its ours I’m telling you it’s ours :fc:

:englandsmile4wf:

We’ve always had better players than Sweden, but that has not translated into wins. However I feel strangely certain that we will beat them this time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KFS said:

I'm looking at the Sweden squad and really struggling to see their quality...

Then you're going to be shocked. These finished ahead of the Netherlands in qualifying, beat Italy in the playoffs, comfortably topped Germany's group. They're obviously pretty good.

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

We’ve always had better players than Sweden, but that has not translated into wins. However I feel strangely certain that we will beat them this time. 

Exactly pma bud

i can feel it coming 

it’s either the World Cup for England or the wife leaving me? , lol 

13 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Then you're going to be shocked. These finished ahead of the Netherlands in qualifying, beat Italy in the playoffs, comfortably topped Germany's group. They're obviously pretty good.

They're bollocks mate tbf. 

England are defensively a lot more solid than anyone Sweden have played to date. Granted, Sweden are also better defensively than anyone England have faced yet but England do have a lot more quality going forward. 

It'll be tedious as hell and England will probably win 1-0 in 90.

Complacency is the biggest enemy for England in this match. Sweden are a good *team* that are very well drilled and organised. The sum of their parts is definitely greater than the individuals they have.

But you'd bite someone's hand off to have a match against Sweden for a chance at the semi-finals given that we all thought this would be a game against Germany. England have man for man much better players in almost every position (I think only Forsberg would get into our team), and with Sweden playing a 442 it will really suit our players and style.

I expect another edgy, attritional encounter and think we'll win 1-0 with a goal from a set-piece or yet another Kane penalty! 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They're bollocks mate tbf. 

England are defensively a lot more solid than anyone Sweden have played to date. Granted, Sweden are also better defensively than anyone England have faced yet but England do have a lot more quality going forward. 

It'll be tedious as hell and England will probably win 1-0 in 90.

They're ridiculously well drilled and will frustrate England no end, particularly given the creativity in England's side has been bollocks so far (what is it, 7 of 9 from set pieces?). Fancy them to get a goal on the break like v Germany then sit in and annoy, with England not having a Kroos

This has the makings of a premier league type game so hopefully will suit us better than last nights game. 

Sweden are a decent side and I think they’ll be fancying three chances as well. Quality of finishing could be the difference. 

Sterling and Ali don’t deserve to keep their place for me but other players don’t quite fit into the system. Loftus-Cheek didn’t set the world alight from what I saw so I’d be surprised if it’s not the same team. 

Win in normal time. 

Honestly think it’s this simple:

If we play our high tempo, not dropping too deep, get at em kind of game, I think we’ll be too strong for them. 

However, if we insist on this slow, ponderous, defensively minded game it could go either way.

We have better players. We are buoyed by getting the monkey of our backs of losing on penno’s. We should be confident and go out there and play to the level we can.

33 minutes ago, Shane said:

I’d make several changes to be honest.

Rose for Young

Loftus-Cheek for Alli

Vardy for Sterling

Cahill for Walker

I'd agree on all counts, except Vardy seems to be injured :(

So I would maybe try Rashford ahead of Sterling, or keep Sterling but take him off for Rashford early in the second

Would even consider Sterling taking the place of Alli and Rashford playing behind Kane