Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Sweden V England Quarter Final 7th July 15:00 KO

Young has surprised me, I thought he'd be there as back up but he deserves to be in the side atm. Sterling had a fair first half but was anonymous in the second. Alli has done nothing in the tournament so far.

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Alli and Sterling are a concern, they're just not involved enough in games when we need them to be. Loftus-Cheek or Rashford need to be in on Saturday and I'd have Rose in for Young.

Rashford has hardly torn it up when he has been on and Loftus-Cheek was absolute garbage against Belgium. No point making changes for the sake of it.

43 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Young has surprised me, I thought he'd be there as back up but he deserves to be in the side atm. Sterling had a fair first half but was anonymous in the second. Alli has done nothing in the tournament so far.

Alli has been average at best and doesn’t deserve his place in the side at the moment (odious little cretin anyway) 

12 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Rashford has hardly torn it up when he has been on and Loftus-Cheek was absolute garbage against Belgium. No point making changes for the sake of it.

He's been more involved in the games he's played though, Alli is a passenger we can ill afford to keep gambling on. I'm desperate for Sterling to have a good game as it might see him kick on but nothing goes his way.

• Like 1

Alli isn't creative enough for the role he's playing, he's ok on the edge of the box with a little one-two but he's not going to pick a pass from deep very often and his first touch last night was terrible. Alli is best at arriving in the box and his goal record his good. A shame Lallana didn't make it because I think we could play Alli closer to Kane instead of Sterling and then have Lallana as one of the attacking midfielders, he's probably one of the most creative players we have.

3 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Whatever happens, I have totally reconnected with the national side and am absolutely loving this world cup. I've been so indifferent towards England for so long but now it's like I'm 14 again and can't wait for the next game.

As for this match, it will probably be pretty cagey but what an opportunity it is. 

We need Alli, Sterling and Lingard to get it together, they were all poor last night. Alli seems to be injured too, and we can't afford to carry him again.

THIS.

I don't think I have truly been in love with the national team since Euro 96 but I am getting there with this bunch.  I imagine he will go with the same side and I cannot really argue but if I were in charge (and were allowed a little Leicester bias) I would go with......

Pickford

Walker  Stones  Maguire

Trippier       Henderson       Young

Lingard  Loftus-Cheek

Vardy  Kane

But will be happy with same line up to be honest and no one really deserves to be dropped.  I live in Scotland so I am constantly aware that I need to keep any "huzzahs" in check as I really don't want to adhere to the stereotype of the presumptuous England fan thinking we will win every World Cup and singing Three Lions with a painted face but part of me is still dreaming of the final.....

My only slight worry is that we lack creativity in midfield and we have struggled to score from open play or, indeed, create many meaningful chances.  If this team had a Scholes or a Gazza I think we could really challenge.  Anyhoo, whatever happens now I have enjoyed it and the future looks quite bright.

X

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

THIS.

I don't think I have truly been in love with the national team since Euro 96 but I am getting there with this bunch.  I imagine he will go with the same side and I cannot really argue but if I were in charge (and were allowed a little Leicester bias) I would go with......

Pickford

Walker  Stones  Maguire

Trippier       Henderson       Young

Lingard  Loftus-Cheek

Vardy  Kane

But will be happy with same line up to be honest and no one really deserves to be dropped.  I live in Scotland so I am constantly aware that I need to keep any "huzzahs" in check as I really don't want to adhere to the stereotype of the presumptuous England fan thinking we will win every World Cup and singing Three Lions with a painted face but part of me is still dreaming of the final.....

My only slight worry is that we lack creativity in midfield and we have struggled to score from open play or, indeed, create many meaningful chances.  If this team had a Scholes or a Gazza I think we could really challenge.  Anyhoo, whatever happens now I have enjoyed it and the future looks quite bright.

X

If only the Ox and Lallana were fit and in form it would really help our CM depth.  Real shame they couldnt make it as we'd be a lot stronger with them in I think

• Like 2

"Shall we look forward to playing Sweden, then? I watched both legs of their World Cup play-off and enjoyed how incredibly organised they were and willing to throw their bodies on the line for the cause. They successfully did that over two games against Italy and kept it up throughout the World Cup. They are better organised than Colombia and a little less willing to just repeatedly kick you for their own amusement. Could be a tense one."

That's from gu's football live blog thing. It'll be a harder match than against Columbia. And even with Colombia we couldn't break them down, only wait for them to foul us and wait for the set piece. It'll be tough.

Glad that Ibrahimovic has retired from internationals, else Magure and co would've struggled against him imo.

When I think of Sweden, this guy automatically comes into my head..

image1.jpeg?w=620

Edited by Wymeswold fox