Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Croatia V England Semi Final Wednesday 11th July 19:00 KO

39 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

And loads of people are saying with not a little hubris that it's in the bag and we'll crush Croatia.

I don't remember that level of confidence in 2016 that we would achieve our goal.

i’m more nervous now that in 2016. we had the league wrapped up by mid february and everything else was just faux-nerves for the sake of it. 

if we put in a below par performance later this whole summer is over, immediately. i’m terrified. 

got a slightly similar feeling of “this is just happened, yano, it just feel like it is” though. 

47 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I was confident of this yesterday.

Today, not so much.

It will be fine @Swan Lesta 

honestly im naturally a very pessimistic person but I just feel relaxed about this and I have all tournament. It’s strange but I really think Southgate has pulled the TEAM together and it just feels right this time

have faith, England will win

:englandsmile4wf:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Koke said:

The fact that Croatia have reached more World Cup semi finals than Spain ever have is extraordinary considering Croatia didn't even exist until 1991. And on top of that they have a population of 4 million  people. Unbelievable achievement for such a tiny nation.

Massive achievement. And they are a big basketball country aswell I believe.

Makes you wonder how good yugoslavia could have been. Must have been some infighting back in the day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

i’m more nervous now that in 2016. we had the league wrapped up by mid february and everything else was just faux-nerves for the sake of it. 

if we put in a below par performance later this whole summer is over, immediately. i’m terrified. 

got a slightly similar feeling of “this is just happened, yano, it just feel like it is” though. 

I thought you were super confident we'd beat Croatia because they are rubbish in your words. Be a bit consistent now.

Lots of people think we'll win, but not because Croatia are useless, more because we have momentum and more of a cutting edge.

Let's be honest here- as usual you're posting strong sweeping statements with no basis to them - maybe to troll and get reactions or because you think it makes you a comedian to have utterly inflexible black and white opinions, who knows.......

8 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I thought you were super confident we'd beat Croatia because they are rubbish in your words. Be a bit consistent now.

Lots of people think we'll win, but not because Croatia are useless, more because we have momentum and more of a cutting edge.

Let's be honest here- as usual you're posting strong sweeping statements with no basis to them - maybe to troll and get reactions or because you think it makes you a comedian to have utterly inflexible black and white opinions, who knows.......

who knows.....

pretty sure we will win but i’ll still be shitting it throughout. we could be playing someone shit like wales, i’d be sure we’ll win but it’s still the world cup semi final so i’ll still be terrified until we go 4-0 up. 

30 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Can't understand the people saying we'll win easily!

England's midfield will be outclassed tonight. 

Seen very little evidence of Croatia outclassing anybody this tournament bar Argentina who were a disgrace. Our midfield has it's weaknesses but Henderson and Lingard have been superb so far and I'm not so sure they'll simply be outclassed. We are a massive danger from set pieces and numerous other avenues, I think Croatia are in for a hell of a game tonight and I think we'll just shade it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Seen very little evidence of Croatia outclassing anybody this tournament bar Argentina who were a disgrace. Our midfield has it's weaknesses but Henderson and Lingard have been superb so far and I'm not so sure they'll simply be outclassed. We are a massive danger from set pieces and numerous other avenues, I think Croatia are in for a hell of a game tonight and I think we'll just shade it.

They outclassed Argentina because Argentina may as well play 5-0-5  

We don't need to be better than Raktic and Modric with the ball we just need to shut them down and then play to our strengths (give the ball to Kieran Trippier)

• Like 1

I feel strangely relaxed, I don't know if that will change later on.

Maybe it's coming off the back of our title win or because I went through all the hysteria and hype in '90 and '96 or I feel a little more detached from the game in general.

I'm nearly 50 and this will only be the second WC semi in my lifetime, on those averages there is probably only one more left, they need to seize the opportunity.

It will be close.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Massive achievement. And they are a big basketball country aswell I believe.

Makes you wonder how good yugoslavia could have been. Must have been some infighting back in the day. 

When places like Croatia and Uruguay can field such good teams it makes you wonder how many hidden gems lay undiscovered in the U.K.  

think tonight will will be a tight match but I’m as oddly confident as I was against Sweden.