Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Croatia V England Semi Final Wednesday 11th July 19:00 KO

14 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

Told the wife that there will be tears if we win, she called me a twat, they just don't understand do they.

I would like to hope the 'they' reference is to the wife, and not a sweeping statement of females :D 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Livid said:

I feel strangely relaxed, I don't know if that will change later on.

Maybe it's coming off the back of our title win or because I went through all the hysteria and hype in '90 and '96 or I feel a little more detached from the game in general.

I'm nearly 50 and this will only be the second WC semi in my lifetime, on those averages there is probably only one more left, they need to seize the opportunity.

It will be close.

I nearly posted exactly the same as this :D

It kinda feels to me like we've 'won' anyway in terms of the country falling back in love with the national team. They've already over achieved by getting to the semi's so anything from now on is a bonus really.

If we keep this squad together with the same mentality and togetherness then I think they could be serious contenders in 4 years time.

In saying that, we're still in with a good chance this time. I'll be amazed if we win it but what an opportunity to get to the final.

Even if we lose, Southgate and the lads are still heroes and will get an amazing welcome back. Tonight feels like a 'free hit' so they can just go out and enjoy it.

No pressure, no expectation, just do your best fellas. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Eh, we got to the semis. And a new, young generation who look like they're going places have emerged. Looks good for English football, regardless of the result.

Looks great to be honest. Disappointment will be massive if we don’t reach the final now, but going into the World Cup the country had very low expectations. What the team have already achieved is phenomenal. We should all be very proud of them. 

However i remain strangely calm calm and relaxed - just as with the Sweden game. I have the feeling we will win this.