Jump to content
Tuna

Croatia V England Semi Final Wednesday 11th July 19:00 KO

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I think Alli’s class has been very questionable for about a year now. There’s a good player in there but for whatever reason his form has been poor for a while now. One six yard header shouldn’t mask that

I suspect he's so imminently unlikeable that most will discount him. Even during his celebration there was something I disliked about his mannerisms. It's so rare to have a decent English creative midfielder, a player that pops up with an essential creative spark in critical moments in a game. I don't feel he was a at his best, but it was definitely his best match so far, and he seemed to fit better into his role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

 

Sterling to finally make an impact

Best joke Izzy's ever posted.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

We won’t get an easier World Cup than this again lol 

 

And we still might not win it...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

We won’t get an easier World Cup than this again lol 

 

If we beat Croatia and then Belgium in the final then this is the first time a team has won the World Cup without playing any former champions since West Germany did it in 1974 (I think).

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are any of the Croatians suspended for this? I know a bunch of them were on yellows going into last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I suspect he's so imminently unlikeable that most will discount him. Even during his celebration there was something I disliked about his mannerisms. It's so rare to have a decent English creative midfielder, a player that pops up with an essential creative spark in critical moments in a game. I don't feel he was a at his best, but it was definitely his best match so far, and he seemed to fit better into his role.

Taking my dislike for him out of the equation I just don’t feel he offers enough. I’ve heard him labelled as the new Gazza, I don’t know if they mean when he was playing or how he is now lol

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t mind Alli a bit of a whiny diving tw*t when he plays for Spurs but he  leaves that behind when he plays for England. 

 

I get Sterling does a lot of work etc but he’s playing as the second forward for a team in the Semi Final of a World Cup. He needs to start weighing in with some goals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the negativity about Stirling is really poor 

 

he is working his socks off , making all the hard runs and he defends from the front 

 

he has had chances and yes he hasn’t taken them but he is seriously working hard 

 

give him a break 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t understand all the gammon slating Sterling. Everyone knows he couldn’t finish his dinner, we have known that for years. He’s in the side over Rashford because he is smarter and makes better runs both towards the ball and away from it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

All the negativity about Stirling is really poor 

 

he is working his socks off , making all the hard runs and he defends from the front 

 

he has had chances and yes he hasn’t taken them but he is seriously working hard 

 

give him a break 

Now I'm not saying Vardy should have started, but defending from the front, working hard, creating space and chances, pace, all the things people are using to justify Sterling's selection despite his lack of finishing ability are all huge parts of Vardys game, and he can finish. Yet apparently, England don't suit Vardy, but now those exact assets he has are the most valuable thing when Sterling shows them.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Now I'm not saying Vardy should have started, but defending from the front, working hard, creating space and chances, pace, all the things people are using to justify Sterling's selection despite his lack of finishing ability are all huge parts of Vardys game, and he can finish. Yet apparently, England don't suit Vardy, but now those exact assets he has are the most valuable thing when Sterling shows them.

 

I don’t think they are the same type of players , and I’m not sure Southgate ever said that england don’t suit Vardy , just idiots in the media 

 

people are being unfair on Stirling he is carrying a huge work load and trying hard 

 

only the English would be in a World Cup semi final and slaughtering some of the players that have got them there ! 

 

I think this English team has been a pleasure to watch , plenty of drama and players that never give up 

 

just relax , enjoy the semi final and final and watch the team bring it home 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Now I'm not saying Vardy should have started, but defending from the front, working hard, creating space and chances, pace, all the things people are using to justify Sterling's selection despite his lack of finishing ability are all huge parts of Vardys game, and he can finish. Yet apparently, England don't suit Vardy, but now those exact assets he has are the most valuable thing when Sterling shows them.

 

Sterling is more comfortable in a deeper position which is what England need. His ability to carry the ball is better than Vardy's too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NorthfieldsFox said:

I don’t think they are the same type of players , and I’m not sure Southgate ever said that england don’t suit Vardy , just idiots in the media 

 

people are being unfair on Stirling he is carrying a huge work load and trying hard 

 

only the English would be in a World Cup semi final and slaughtering some of the players that have got them there ! 

 

I think this English team has been a pleasure to watch , plenty of drama and players that never give up 

 

just relax , enjoy the semi final and final and watch the team bring it home 

I'm not saying they are the same player, but you've just listed any similarities they have as justification of Sterling's selection. Anyway I still say Alli is more the issue than Sterling.

 

Its nothing to do with being English or slaughting a team whilst doing well it's about being realistic and judging things on merit and not being some happy clapping idiot just because we've got this far. We can improve, we've got this far despite Alli and in part Sterling, not because of them. Everyone, everything, every team can always improve, no matter how successful they are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Sterling is more comfortable in a deeper position which is what England need. His ability to carry the ball is better than Vardy's too.

I'm not saying that's not true, what I'm saying is he's just basically described another player as justification of the selection of Sterling, never talked about his coming from deep etc. If he's going to come with a list of Vardys assets as the reason Sterling is starting  then he needs to say more, like you have. I still think Rashford offers more in the Sterling role anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Still convinced that Vardy is going to have his one moment in this tournament somehow.

89th minute winner in the final. Been telling everyone I have spoken to for the past few months that this is going to happen - they aren't mocking me so much now! (Actually beforehand I was saying a winner at the end of extra time, but I have changed my mind on that as I don't think I could cope with the stress....). Anyhow, it's his destiny. Same as it was Goran winning Wimbledon in 2001. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reckon 2-1 England, Kane and Sterling to score in the first half, Kramaric early in the 2nd half to keep everyone nervous.

 

Croatia's win v Argentina was a contender for performance of the tournament but it was a one off. They've effectively drawn against Denamrk and Russia in their last 2 games so they arent as great as some are making out. Still better than Sweden though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has Ross Kemp...

 

A) Been on the bizzo

B) Got 'roid rage

C) Realised It's Coming Home

 

 

Edited by RoboFox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

All the negativity about Stirling is really poor 

 

he is working his socks off , making all the hard runs and he defends from the front 

 

he has had chances and yes he hasn’t taken them but he is seriously working hard 

 

give him a break 

Stirling has run around a lot like a frantic chicken. He has produced next to nothing of quality. That’s where the critique comes from. 

 

The lad has talent and can produce. Now would be a remarkably good time to start. We’ll need him against Belgium. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TeePee said:

Honestly, after the train wreck that was Martin Keown on commentary yesterday (even the good lady, who's a lifelong gooner was getting wound up by him), I'd be willing to risk it with ITV. If you can mentally filter out the pro-spurs propaganda, Hoddle does have some really good insight to offer. 

I actually thought Keown was more pro Spurs than Hoddle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Still convinced that Vardy is going to have his one moment in this tournament somehow.

He had his chance and bottled it by not taking a penalty against Colombia

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Foxey id said:

He had his chance and bottled it by not taking a penalty against Colombia

He was taken off the penalty because of his injury, you know the one that stop him being available against Sweden.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×