Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Croatia V England Semi Final Wednesday 11th July 19:00 KO

4 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I think Jordon Pickford is a very good player, but lets him down is the manner in which he shouts aggressively to the defence when they're under pressure from the opposition's forward line.

It can be good in certain situations, but not regularly as he had done recently.

What harm has it done? I like seeing him being so vocal, good leadership from the back and his performances are backing it up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Is sterling englands version of okazaki?

Runs around unsettling the opposition but cant score goals?

I think southgate believes the potential and just wont drop him and wreck his confidence.

TIFO Football made a video that illustrates your point. His role is very similar to Okazaki's in Leicester's system, which is probably why Southgate continues to pick him despite his lack of production in scoring goals. It's all the other things Sterling does that is important to him.

Croatia star recalls 'great experience' in Premier League
Andrej Kramaric is hoping to start for Zlatko Dalic’s side in Moscow on Wednesday.
24 minutes ago 1,084 Views  No Comments  Share  Tweet  Email

ANDREJ KRAMARIC SAYS his time in English football was “a great story” even though he rarely played during a brief stint at Leicester City as Croatia gear up for their World Cup semi-final against England.

The 27-year-old forward is hoping to start for Zlatko Dalic’s side in Moscow on Wednesday.

He moved to Leicester in January 2015 from Rijeka but left a year later — midway through the club’s remarkable run to the Premier League title — as he was loaned to German side Hoffenheim.

“My stay in England is a great story for me. It was my first time outside Croatia and everything was really new,” said Kramaric, who played just twice during the Foxes’ title-winning campaign.

“It turned out that I didn’t play that much. It was difficult for me to get into the team because they were playing really great throughout the season so obviously no coach would change a winning team,” he added.

“It was a great experience that I could talk about for days,” he told reporters. “However, I do hope to talk about Croatia and this World Cup for years.”

Kramaric, who joined Hoffenheim on a permanent deal in May 2016, scored in Croatia’s 2-2 draw with hosts Russia in the quarter-finals in Sochi on Saturday.

Dalic’s side went on to win on penalties — they have never lost a game in which Kramaric has scored.

While he hopes to start, he may not get to come up against his old club colleague Jamie Vardy.

Vardy has started only once for England on their run to the last four, in their final group game against Belgium.

“Jamie Vardy is a great guy. We were together during the magnificent story at Leicester and I will remember that always,” said Kramaric.

He spoke glowingly of Gareth Southgate’s England side, even if he acknowledged that Croatia would be their toughest opponents yet.

“England was one of the favourites for me for the tournament because they have a young and hungry team with no big, international stars, so it won’t be easy for us.”

The Croatian squad trained on Monday on a pitch close to the Luzhniki Stadium, where Wednesday’s game will be played.

However, goalkeeper Danijel Subasic, right-back Sime Vrsaljko and centre-back Dejan Lovren were all absent from the part of the session open to media.

Subasic and Vrsaljko both picked up injuries against Russia.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, isaidno said:

Isn't he the guy we had in the champions league match down here that was hopeless ?

32 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Turkish ref, who is rubbish in Turkish league, but apparently very fair on the international front.

Cant say i ever heard of him before. 

yeah, reffed our win over porto hilariously badly. 

139 yellows and 9 reds in 30 games this season. 9 yellows in 2 games at the world cup. all over the cards when the quotes come out tbqh. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

139 yellows and 9 reds in 30 games this season. 9 yellows in 2 games at the world cup. all over the cards when the quotes come out tbqh. 

Didnt realise he was the same ref for the Porto game :S 

39 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

Good God.

Vardy does get a game in the final if we make it then, could be at left back though, who knows.

Edited by Max Wall

The more I think about it the more confident I'm feeling. Croatia struggled past a Denmark side very similar to Sweden on penalties and weren't all that against Russia after looking top draw in the group stages. They've played more minutes than any team in the tournament. We are perhaps the team with the most confidence and belief at the minute too. 

• Like 1

It's a good tournament for England regardless but the 20 years since Croatia's last semi final could weigh a lot more on them. An anniversary like that could be unwelcome and it may hinder them with the comparisons and the weight of the nation on them. Feels like there's less of a burden on England.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

It's a good tournament for England regardless but the 20 years since Croatia's last semi final could weigh a lot more on them. An anniversary like that could be unwelcome and it may hinder them with the comparisons and the weight of the nation on them. Feels like there's less of a burden on England.

Could inspire, could hinder, let's hope it's the latter. I do agree that England may just be the team with less pressure on them this time.

• Like 1

If there is a negative from England's side is that they haven't met the ferocity of a Croatia yet. They met 2 of the worst sides in the group stages and Colombia have a history of underperforming.

The Kramaric equaliser against Russia showed a bit of backbone to Croatia. Russia are average yes but that 'silencer' to a baying mob in full cry was very impressive.  It will be interesting how England could react to conceding early. In many ways it will show just have far they have progressed from 'Iceland'.

It's a huge chance for them but as positive as the tournament has been they still have a lot to prove.

Edited by Blue ROI

58 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

If there is a negative from England's side is that they haven't met the ferocity of a Croatia yet. They met 2 of the worst sides in the group stages and Colombia have a history of underperforming.

The Kramaric equaliser against Russia showed a bit of backbone to Croatia. Russia are average yes but that 'silencer' to a baying mob in full cry was very impressive.  It will be interesting how England could react to conceding early. In many ways it will show just have far they have progressed from 'Iceland'.

It's a huge chance for them but as positive as the tournament has been they still have a lot to prove.

we’ve come up against a lot in this tournament already and got through it. 

first game, huge favourites, whole nation knows we never start tournaments well. a classic f uck up situation. we should be 5-0 up after 20 minutes, concede the stupidest penalty ever, get denied at least two more obvious penalties but don’t panic and score late on. big mental strength and character there. 

all the criticism of selection, performance and result in securing the “easier” draw losing to belgium. 

that whole colombia game was horrible, concede with the last kick, go a goal down in the shootout and still win. 

superbly assured and composed performance vs sweden. 

these boys arent gonna panic or be rushed or forced out of their game plan by anyone or anything. we’ve got this. 

• Like 3