Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

France v Belgium - Semi Final Tues 10 July 7pm

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

That's a cracking face. The face of a major tournament semi finalist. 

Not bad for a player from an international pub team. :claudio:

#bettertogether.

I've got to say. I've been surprised at the reaction from Wales. Sure, there's been the odd obsessed one but, in the main, most things I've read have been very complimentary (coupled with the odd bit of genuine banter).

Personally, I've found it pretty nice to read.

I do seriously get why the press coverage in other UK countries drives the locals up the wall. I lived in Scotland for 28 years and I found it embarrassing the majority of the time.

Time will of course tell, but I reckon I'd support Wales at the next championship they get to. I probably wouldn't have said that 4 weeks ago.

Mind you, I would never have started Lingard 4 weeks ago so we can always be wrong I suppose.

Edit - I know the Welsh people, you included, dgaf whether I would support Wales or not btw.

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

#bettertogether.

I've got to say. I've been surprised at the reaction from Wales. Sure, there's been the odd obsessed one but, in the main, most things I've read have been very complimentary (coupled with the odd bit of genuine banter).

Personally, I've found it pretty nice to read.

I do seriously get why the press coverage in other UK countries drives the locals up the wall. I lived in Scotland for 28 years and I found it embarrassing the majority of the time.

Time will of course tell, but I reckon I'd support Wales at the next championship they get to. I probably wouldn't have said that 4 weeks ago.

Mind you, I would never have started Lingard 4 weeks ago so we can always be wrong I suppose.

Edit - I know the Welsh people, you included, dgaf whether I would support Wales or not btw.

Are you immortal?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

That's a cracking face. The face of a major tournament semi finalist. 

Not bad for a player from an international pub team. :claudio:

Ya know he does look a bit like Vida there great spot lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Are you immortal?

Given that I'd support Wales, immoral is probably more appropriate (though I get your point lol). 

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Ya know he does look a bit like Vida there great spot lol 

I love that when we played that marketing tournament in China, the Chinese actually called him the Monkey King. 

0aqrFGf.jpg

As a term of endearment. lol

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

What happens with yellows picked up in the quarters? Mbappe's on a yellow. What if he gains another here?

Yellow cards are wiped after the quarter finals. Can only miss the final if red carded in the semi.

• Like 2

In my book, the french are set to win by a fair margin.

They are such a strong yet versatile team, can sit back and hit you on the counter or keep possession to unlock your deffense through creative teamplay.

Will be a nice game when we play theme in the final.

6 hours ago, Max Wall said:

Yellow cards are wiped after the quarter finals. Can only miss the final if red carded in the semi.

So we don't just want rough tackles and a bit of dissent.

We want proper "heads gone" stuff - actual fist fights, kicks to the gooleys and nunchucks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

We want proper "heads gone" stuff - actual fist fights, kicks to the gooleys and nunchucks.

We want cartoon-level violence - a frying pan to Lukaku's face, a stick of TNT down Pogba's shirt and somebody to wax Griezmann's eyebrows.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Game abandoned after 40 players and staff are sent off and tomorrow becomes the final.

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Fancy the Belgians to win this. 

I think France will be too strong for them. They’ll have a lot of possession, yeah but France on the break are like Leicester circa 2015.

Edited by Nick

25 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I think France will be too strong for them. They’ll have a lot of possession, yeah but France on the break are like Leicester circa 2015.

Mbappe and Griezmann are a poor man's Vardy and Shinji. 

Belgium will concede at least one and don't see them scoring when they're behind. So either France wins or it will be a low score draw. 

Penalties at the World Cup: Belgium 1 for 1 (1986 win over Spain), France 2 for 4 (1982 loss to Spain, 1986 win over Brazil, 1998 win over Italy, 2006 loss to Italy)