Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

33 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

the first comedian in L1 who starts a chant that contains a line about him being a refugee...

TUUUNCHEV AWOAHOOOO TUNCHEV AWOOOOAHHHHO - HE WAS A REFUGEE, BUT NOW HE'S QUALITY

Probably one of my favourite Leicester chants of all time just because of how ****ing daft it is

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I was absolutely buzzing when we signed him, he'd absolutely annihilated Ronaldo in the World Cup the year before and it was our first flair player for a few years. Then he made like 2 sub appearances whilst we went through 4 managers and he was never to be seen again.

Remember the home game against Watford where he was stood with a translator for about five minutes before he came on. What a guy.

"Players were signing and I didn't even know who they were.

We had a full-back from Iran. He was 5ft6 and built no bigger than the smallest jockey in the flat-racing season. He didn't speak English. He had an interpreter walking with him on the training pitch.

I was told I had to play him and I didn't play him. I was sacked after four games when we were seventh in the Championship."

3 hours ago, Inarsenewerust said:

guys just say Alireza and call it a day.

An easier way for you to pronounce The surname  : Ja-hon ( like on but hon) - baksh

Forget about the "h" between the "k" and "s", the dutch did as well.

He probably doesn't have a surname.  A surname goes with a christian name.  HE may not be Christian.

8 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I know that.

But surely it should be. In arsene we TRUST not rust lol lol lol 

I don’t think that nickname was available for him to choose so rust was the closest lol But he was a little rusty at the end ;p

Edited by Sebastian

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Still baffled why we didn't pursue Elyonoussi for less than we're paying for this chap. 

Another explanation could be that if Norway had been part of this year's World Cup, Elyounoussi would've surely been a member of the squad and that would've reflected in a higher asking price, as well.

Apparently he’s had some bad/regular injuries over the years? Can any Iranian fan confirm that?

Its’s a bit crazy that Mahrez never got injured. But recently we seem to be interested in players that have had bad injuries? Maddison, possibly this lad, Roberts, etc. It’s always a worry if players are injury prone.

Edited by Shane

6 minutes ago, Shane said:

Apparently he’s had some bad/regular injuries over the years? Can any Iranian fan confirm that?

Its’s a bit crazy that Mahrez never got injured. But recently we seem to be interested in players that have had bad injuries? Maddison, possibly this lad, Roberts, etc. It’s always a worry if players are injury prone.

Lucky for us that Mendy was bulletproof then! 

8 minutes ago, Shane said:

by no means injury prone. A very durable player who played nearly every match last year. His very first season with AZ he had some knee problems that kept him out in total for 2-3 months, but it was more a recurring that never was fully healed. He has been injury free for basically two years now, and had to play in WC qualifying with iran too, very intense matches, long distances, and he was able to handle the load.

• Like 1

@GolBezan - 5 minutes ago

Reports coming in from the U.K., that Alireza Jahanbakhsh is sealing a move to @LCFC for £19.4M from AZ Alkmaar.

Edited by Iran
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Inarsenewerust said:

by no means injury prone. A very durable player who played nearly every match last year. His very first season with AZ he had some knee problems that kept him out in total for 2-3 months, but it was more a recurring that never was fully healed. He has been injury free for basically two years now, and had to play in WC qualifying with iran too, very intense matches, long distances, and he was able to handle the load.

Didn’t he sit out the Spain game in the group stage because of injury as he was stretchered off against Morocco? 

Against Portugal he was subbed off at the 70min mark. Was he still injured? Because you don’t sub off your best player if you’re chasing a game.

Edited by Shane