Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

51 minutes ago, Koke said:

Musa is super fast but he is useless. Pace abusers steal a living. Juan Mata is one of the slowest wide men i have seen and he is top class.

Xavi, Pirlo as well. Or Le Tissier.  I so much hate the speed merchants

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Iran said:

I made that! but  I didn't wanna post it here out of respect since he is not really signed. Also, check the updated version on pfdc. it doesn't have the green border. that was an oversight. I think you should take it down until he is actually signed.

edit: i didn't make the picture, I modified the crest and the colors of the illustration made by legofish

Edited by aliparvin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Kopic said:

The fact is these new fans spend shit loads of money on merch etc and spread our brand further and further to places we wouldn't reach, we shouldn't hate on them because they are not life long Leicester fans or because they've never been to a game. Sure they may be a fan of one player, but that brings a hell of a lot to our club and we should be proud.

I have no problem with anyone coming on here. I do have a problem with fans that support a player that don't respect our club. No player is bigger than our club.

I don't tend to slag players down. But when they show the respect Mahrrz has over the last year or so I will say something. Then to have them fans defend him till the death and blame our club NO just not having that.

The club comes before any player.

Edited by sylofox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Guest said:

Large portions of our fanbase couldn't get Chris Wood's name right so I'm not optimistic about this one at all. Hopefully they conduct some kind of test on the turnstiles and if you can't pronounce it you get sent away for intensive language training

You’ve placed an apostrophe in Woods name there mate

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Inarsenewerust said:

Precisely. The only reason there isnt the hype thats attached to lozano is because hes iranian. That is the only possible reason. Now if somebody prefers Lozano to ARJ, that is a valid argument. He is a better dribbler, more aggressive. But why Lozano should get offers/interest from Barcelona, Juventus while Jahanbakhsh can only manage Leicester and Brighton (with all due respect, I know you guys are much better than brighton, but still not on the level of the aforementioned teams), is pretty sad to me. I hope you guys can see the injustice in that too. And, Lozano had the added benefit of the best quality teammates of the league (PSV, league winnners), while ARJ was dealing with idiot type of forwards you saw in one of those videos...

Nationality will be one factor but as we know as Leicester fans, there’s still this daft hierarchy of clubs which functions. 

Most big six fans think Man City have overpaid for Mahrez but his stats stand up to everyone else in the Premier League. Just like the example here!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Koke said:

AZ finished 3rd. And he finished with 21 goals as a CAM. I know the Dutch league is hit and miss but Ziyech is highly rated and he had similar stats for Twente. 

It's obviously a risk but I'm willing to take it.

Played as a right foward for the majority of games 

48 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I have no problem with anyone coming on here. I do have a problem with fans that support a player that don't respect our club. No player is bigger than our club.

I don't tend to slag players down. But when they show the respect Mahrrz has over the last year or so I will say something. Then to have them fans defend him till the death and blame our club NO just not having that.

The club comes before any player.

I agree totally that mahrez did not conduct himself in a reasonable manner, whether that was his own decision or advice from representatives. 

The thing is, if you are a mahrez fan, and Leicester fan as a result, I can imagine you being quite excited by his status, his awards, the fact he was part of a team that won what is thought of by most as the most prestigious league in football at 5000-1. He is something to latch on to, something to show to the world that your country is capable of producing players to match and/or better the "traditional" countries players. In reality, and I do not mean this in any way derogatory, Algeria doesn't have amazing players spread across Europe like we, Spain, South America, France etc do, so do you not agree that it is something they should be proud of and get fully behind as a nation? A player from Algeria, in a team that won the premier league, first African player to win player of the year, damn right they would be proud of him and defend him to the hilt! 

I fully agree that the way the transfer was conducted over the past year + was not good. However, most of his fans are not from here. They search google and see the sun saying we refuse to sell him for £30 million to roma, they will jump on that and i don't blame them. They want the best for their hero. No, they are not Leicester fans, they are mahrez fans, but they bring so much to our club in terms of advertising and revenue and i feel that is quite important to our club. We are lucky in this country to have top quality local players, and internationals who want to come here. Other countries football fans follow our league due to the quality, and the hope their nation's players will make it here and succeed. Mahrez didn't conduct himself well. The fans followed what they saw and heard in the news and i do not blame them for that. They want the best for their hero, as we all do (kane needs to leave tottenham to win stuff).

Obviously as fans of Leicester, our club comes first. These people are fans of a player, and I don't think we should belittle them or make them feel unwelcome as they bring so much to our club and help us achieve our goals. Yes, they may have been negative after we won, but only after he was linked with other clubs and we "seemed" to block his transfer to a "bigger" club (I refer back to our country's tabloid sources, the only thing these fans have to rely on). They will always want their national assets to play at the biggest global team, and until we reach that level I personally do not blame their fans for their view. The fact is, we are not at that level. Players like mahrez, who singlehandedly bring in thousands of fans to our club, who buy our shirts, travel to watch us live, post about us on social media, are essential to our club and we should not shun them or belittle them just because they aren't leicester fans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Inarsenewerust said:

Precisely. The only reason there isnt the hype thats attached to lozano is because hes iranian. That is the only possible reason. Now if somebody prefers Lozano to ARJ, that is a valid argument. He is a better dribbler, more aggressive. But why Lozano should get offers/interest from Barcelona, Juventus while Jahanbakhsh can only manage Leicester and Brighton (with all due respect, I know you guys are much better than brighton, but still not on the level of the aforementioned teams), is pretty sad to me. I hope you guys can see the injustice in that too. And, Lozano had the added benefit of the best quality teammates of the league (PSV, league winnners), while ARJ was dealing with idiot type of forwards you saw in one of those videos...

Careful lad, you’ll hurt some feelings here :) 

36 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

Nice article on Reddit about players moving from the Eredivisie to the Premier League over the last ten years:

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/8ymc7j/an_overly_long_look_at_the_last_10_years_of/

"AZ Alkmaar has the worst ratio of the Eredivisie clubs, delivering 4 out 6 failures in Janssen, Henriksen, Berghuis and Altidore, with only Dembele being a real success."

:ph34r:

3 hours ago, Kopic said:

Thing is, these countries don't tend to have many players to play in a top league. We are lucky to have a league largely regarded as the best, where everyone wants to play. If you aren't English, but a football fan, you will follow our league. The fact a player from a country such as Algeria or Iran joins us, and were / potentially are world class, is a testament to our league. We should not shit on fans following a player to a team within our league from a country who has a relatively low level in football. If I was Algerian, I would have seen mahrez as a hero. A man bought for 400k into the English league from obscurity. A relatively unknown anomaly who broke onto the biggest stage in world football to be highly regarded by every one. If I were Algerian, I would be a mahrez fan, whatever team he were to be at.

So every one moaning about people posting just  because this guy may be joining Leicester. It doesn't actually make any ****ing difference. Let these people be proud of their countryman. He may be achieving a dream for many people in Iran. He may be joining a recent premier league champion team, obviously Iranian fans are going to follow us. I don't blame them what-so-ever. We are a team giving these unheard of players a chance, to show the world what players from the countries can do, it hasn't done us bad in the past. 

The fact is these new fans spend shit loads of money on merch etc and spread our brand further and further to places we wouldn't reach, we shouldn't hate on them because they are not life long Leicester fans or because they've never been to a game. Sure they may be a fan of one player, but that brings a hell of a lot to our club and we should be proud.

very good post spot on for me . and by the way iran and the surrounding nations were once the power houses of the world  . like we were. and were still proud of our players . but some would say the best players in our league are from abroad .  

I had to update my comment on page 8 with the new link, because I posted the wrong one. This is the video I intended to link. 

Not so much the PKs, but some of these goals surely gives you the shivers. Specially if he scores it on your team. 

10 hours ago, Inarsenewerust said:

Hey guys, iranian here who has watched alireza jahanbakhsh (we call him ARJ or alireza for short), since he moved to europe at the age of 18, and even some before that in our youth teams. The interest seems pretty legit at this point so I thought I would give some expertise to leicester fans pondering this signing.

You guys have all seen his stats, they're fantastic. Top scorer in dutch league from right wing role, though he can also play as a left winger, CAM, and second forward in a 3-5-2, 5-3-2 and did so a couple times for AZ. It seems strange to me that he gets very little hype, but Lozano and Ziyech, both from the same league, playing for the top clubs in that league (teams much better than AZ in terms of quality), have inferior stats, but get so much praise and hype from western media, whereas there is comparatively much less hype for ARJ. Its clearly bc of his nationality, so ill leave it at that.

In terms of his main strengths, he is an all around good player. His dribbling, body strength, crossing are all very good. He has a phenomenal strike on him with both feet. In my opinion, his biggest strength is his shooting, and decision making. His weight of pass, when to release the ball, when to shoot, etc, is excellent, as evidenced in the videos. He is not a winger like mahrez who will dribble through 5 defenders and then hit a curling shot to win a game. That is simply not his skill set. He is instead a very efficient winger, who makes his decisions in a very calculated manner. That is not to say his skill set isn't exciting.  He is stll a great dribbler, loves a meg, and again really has a cannon of a shot on both feet. He is also very tidy in possession. Side note, he is also weirdly good at heading, at scored quite a few headed goals for AZ this season off corners.

Another note, he is very good defensively. Playing in Iran's team, Carlos Queiroz (ex United - assistant to SAF, Real madrid - Head coach, Portugal - Head coach), requires his wingers to do a lot of work defensively and really cover the outside backs. He performs this job very well. But it also explains why he struggled to make a major impact offensively for our national team at the WC (as did our other big offensive players such as Azmoun, Ghoddos, Ansarifard), as when we got the ball they were 50-60 yards away from the opposition goal, and by the time they got the ball there, no support was really around them.

Mentally, he is very strong. Came from poorer background and left to europe alone at the age of 18, despite offers from the traditional big tehran teams, who were willing to pay him 10 times as much as any dutch side. Worked way up to AZ, had some injury issues in first season but really flourished since then. He can speak both english and dutch fluently, and is a very nice lad I would say. He always is giving advice to younger iranian players, visiting children in poorest communities in iran, etc. He wants to be a role model for all of iranian kids/footballers, and with his character and quality I think he is doing that.

Weaknesses : Yes, he doesnt have a crazy turn of pace, and at times for our national team he doesnt grab the game by the scruff of the neck as he should. This mainly has to do with the system we play, but still I expect more form him at times.

In terms of interest from other clubs : Napoli were VERY  interested early on. There was talks of an agreement being very close, as they wanted him to replace Callejon. However, once Sarri left, and Ancellotti arrived, their entire transfer policy changed from targetting young talented players from smaller leagues, to going after big names such as Di maria. Lazio were also reportedly interested, but ended up signing Berisha from RB Salzburg. Brighton are interested, but he rejected them before he moved to AZ, and I dont really get the vibe that he fancies a move there. Leicester would be a good fit bc I think Puel is a good coach who will improve him, there is obviously playing time available with mahrez leaving, and the team is very solid all around with quality players, so he wont have to deal with a lack of quality teammates, a too defensive team, or a team in the relegation battle.

Overall for 22 million, I think he is certainly worth that price in todays market. Spurs payed a similar fee for his teammate Jansen a couple years ago ( ARJ was the main part of his success with a ton of assists), and Janssen is a forward. ARJ is a winger, with a ton of assists as well, and WC + Europa League experience, so the price is reasonable.

Anyways if you guys have any other questions, feel free to ask. Lets see how this one plays out...

This is an excellent post. Thank you kindly.