Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

I don't take YouTube compilations too seriously but it's good to see him banging them in with both feet. I'm excited about this one. Yes, it's only the Eredivisie but his stats suggest he's ready to make the step up.

Given it has been reported he has been flown in on the owners private jet for his medical,  any plane tracking reports to back this bullocks up?  19.5m Euros?

19 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Birch is going to be suggesting bringing that thing back where he only has to shout out the first name and we have to do the rest. 

Never mind that, everyone needs to be suggesting Alan Young returns as RLs summariser.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

He is a quite a handsome chappy. And purely on that reason, its an obligatory gerrimin

When you say gerrimin do you mean for the club or is it a personal thing you want him to do? lol lol 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

get it done, although it will be a bit pricey to put his name on the back of your shirt:)

It's only one letter longer than Schmeichel, Benalouane or Albrighton.. I'm sure we'll manage lol

Edited by brucey

6 hours ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Call me a cynical, but it seems more of a shirt selling exercise than a replacement for Mahrez. I’d much rather we stopped pissing around taking risks and spent £40 odd million on a proven player. 

Lad clearly has talent, and I can't but stress again that we've done reasonably well by giving "unknown" players or players from smaller leagues their breakthrough (Kanté, Mahrez, Vardy, and beyond, stretching back as far as the O'Neill era, for instance). Diabaté is another current example - although the effect has yet to be seen.

A shirt-selling exercise would be exactly what you're alluding to in your second part of your post - if we were to sign a player as is Ronaldo to Juventus:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6776244/cristiano-ronaldo-juventus-shirts-99m-serie-a-portuugal-real-madrid/

The World Cup has certainly helped to proper Jahanbakhsh to new heights despite his rather mediocre performances, but who really can say they knew the guy two years ago already?

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If this was anywhere near close to being complete some media outlet in England would have picked up on it. 

Welll, yeah.

Cast your mind back a few months ago: First indications that Ricardo Pereira was close to signing for us came in mid-April, then it took another four weeks for it to be offically confirmed.

Just hope the management can speed up the process in this case... :D

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If this was anywhere near close to being complete some media outlet in England would have picked up on it. 

I would have thought that before this window started, but honestly there was hardly a whisper when Ricardo signed. Who knows. When it comes to bringing in players from overseas I don't think they care about us really .

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kopic said:

I agree totally that mahrez did not conduct himself in a reasonable manner, whether that was his own decision or advice from representatives. 

The thing is, if you are a mahrez fan, and Leicester fan as a result, I can imagine you being quite excited by his status, his awards, the fact he was part of a team that won what is thought of by most as the most prestigious league in football at 5000-1. He is something to latch on to, something to show to the world that your country is capable of producing players to match and/or better the "traditional" countries players. In reality, and I do not mean this in any way derogatory, Algeria doesn't have amazing players spread across Europe like we, Spain, South America, France etc do, so do you not agree that it is something they should be proud of and get fully behind as a nation? A player from Algeria, in a team that won the premier league, first African player to win player of the year, damn right they would be proud of him and defend him to the hilt! 

I fully agree that the way the transfer was conducted over the past year + was not good. However, most of his fans are not from here. They search google and see the sun saying we refuse to sell him for £30 million to roma, they will jump on that and i don't blame them. They want the best for their hero. No, they are not Leicester fans, they are mahrez fans, but they bring so much to our club in terms of advertising and revenue and i feel that is quite important to our club. We are lucky in this country to have top quality local players, and internationals who want to come here. Other countries football fans follow our league due to the quality, and the hope their nation's players will make it here and succeed. Mahrez didn't conduct himself well. The fans followed what they saw and heard in the news and i do not blame them for that. They want the best for their hero, as we all do (kane needs to leave tottenham to win stuff).

Obviously as fans of Leicester, our club comes first. These people are fans of a player, and I don't think we should belittle them or make them feel unwelcome as they bring so much to our club and help us achieve our goals. Yes, they may have been negative after we won, but only after he was linked with other clubs and we "seemed" to block his transfer to a "bigger" club (I refer back to our country's tabloid sources, the only thing these fans have to rely on). They will always want their national assets to play at the biggest global team, and until we reach that level I personally do not blame their fans for their view. The fact is, we are not at that level. Players like mahrez, who singlehandedly bring in thousands of fans to our club, who buy our shirts, travel to watch us live, post about us on social media, are essential to our club and we should not shun them or belittle them just because they aren't leicester fans.

Dress this all up however you want. This is foxestalk a Leicester City forum. Not Mahrez Vardy or Kasper. All I want to know is our players are playing for our club. The minute they start playing for themselves  they can foad as far as I care.

As can anyone imo that backs any player that's not playing for us.