Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

20 hours ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Call me a cynical, but it seems more of a shirt selling exercise than a replacement for Mahrez. I’d much rather we stopped pissing around taking risks and spent £40 odd million on a proven player. 

How old is he?

I feel we need to sign 28+ year olds, because if they too young they need to be improved before they consistent performers, if they at peak age, then after 1-2 seasons we lose them to bigger clubs, but if they 28+ when we get them, then the age puts bigger clubs off the players and we get more years out of them.  The only downside of older players is they less profitable as they are unlikely to be resold for a profit.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Inarsenewerust said:

just out of interest, who do you guys leicester have a realistic chance of getting, that is certainly better than Jahanbakhsh?

I really dont want to be disrespectful, and you can call me out if I am coming across as such, but leicester made their title winning side, and replacements+additional signings since then, mainly, based off players from smaller leagues, or players that were less known. Im not sure how much chance leicester have of attracting top players that already play in the top leagues. For example I think Perreira is a top class signing, and he came from portuguese league/ on the back of multiple loans to nice in france. Mahrez, vardy, Diabate,ndidi,maguire,etc were all less known player or from unknown leagues. Maybe from the current side only iborra was truly known internationally as he played for sevilla, and also adrien silva who is a very solid player. But generally, I never see leicester signing the top talent from other big leagues like Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga, so shouldnt it be more normal that they go after players from smaller leagues, like the ones that fill much of the current squad, or from leagues like Eridivisie? From this level of league, Jahanbakhsh is clearly one of the top players, so obviously that would be a good calibre of player leicester could attract...

I think you make some very good and valid points. As you say, many of our players were unknown. My only concern would be that rather like a certain Turkish player who was recently being hyped up as the 'Turkish Messi' or later the 'Turkish Salah', is Jahanbakgsh another one of these overhyped younger players,  where an agent is just trying a hard sell to extract the maximum out of a Premiership club for a mediocre player? I know nothing of him so it would be very unfair of me to make that judgement. Do you know much of him as a player, do you think he could adapt to a fast aggressive Premier league style of play?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Inarsenewerust said:

just out of interest, who do you guys leicester have a realistic chance of getting, that is certainly better than Jahanbakhsh?

I really dont want to be disrespectful, and you can call me out if I am coming across as such, but leicester made their title winning side, and replacements+additional signings since then, mainly, based off players from smaller leagues, or players that were less known. Im not sure how much chance leicester have of attracting top players that already play in the top leagues. For example I think Perreira is a top class signing, and he came from portuguese league/ on the back of multiple loans to nice in france. Mahrez, vardy, Diabate,ndidi,maguire,etc were all less known player or from unknown leagues. Maybe from the current side only iborra was truly known internationally as he played for sevilla, and also adrien silva who is a very solid player. But generally, I never see leicester signing the top talent from other big leagues like Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga, so shouldnt it be more normal that they go after players from smaller leagues, like the ones that fill much of the current squad, or from leagues like Eridivisie? From this level of league, Jahanbakhsh is clearly one of the top players, so obviously that would be a good calibre of player leicester could attract...

You're not being disrespectful at all, I think 99% of us are realistic and agree with you. General consensus seems to be that we'd like AJ, but we've been burned a bit by the likes of Musa or perhaps Slimani, who as you say came in from similar sorts of leagues with high expectations, but haven't worked out.

I think he looks pretty good, but you never really know how a player fits into the PL (or our team) until they've had 5-10 games under their belt. And we're trying to rebuild a team after losing our best ever attacker - so people are a bit nervous.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I like his name, being of Persian descent and the Influence the Persians had on Punjab, I wonder if the meaning is the same?

Yep the influence is in the food. Had a tasty sheeps‘ eyes Korma once, on board Iran Air.

20 minutes ago, brucey said:

The new social media invasion has happened. The comments in the last two posts by the club Instagram are basically about 50 Iranians tagging Alireza lol

just had a look and 

jesus christ 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Multatuli said:

Hi I am a Fan of AZ and also a fan of Alireza. He is a great player. 

That guy in the video was Fred Friday. A real hero. He is the reason Alireza made so many goals. If you get Alireza you also need to sign Fred. For you we knock of 5 million of the price, so you can sign him for 30 million :clap:.

But serious, not all Alireza teamates were as bad as Iansenewerust said. Fred Friday just played a few games and got demoted to the junior squad because he was not good enough. AZ wouldnt have made 3rd in the league (before Feyenoord), + cup final, and wouldnt get so much praise for playing the most attractive football in the league if Alireza teammates were all bad.

It was a pretty decent team with a lot of young guys who just came through from the junior ranks. Some of them were in the Young national squad and one of them (Guus Til) even made the national squad of Holland. In fact allmost all the teammates in the main squad were national teamplayers in their country. Our best player (Calvin Stengs, also a youngster) got a heavy knee injury at the start of the season and he is still recovering. In fact before his knee injury he allready took Alireza's place as rightwinger and Alireza got moved to the left side. But because of the injury of Calvin,  Alireza got his place as right wing back. Now that Alireza leaves, Stengs will take his place again.

But still Alireza is a superb player who made a huge impact in Alkmaar and now deserves a transfer to a major league. Because I was thrilled when Leicester became champion it would be great to see Alireza in your team next year. I sure will be following him. Good luck guys!

I want us to sign Fred Friday just for the name. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Multatuli said:

Hi I am a Fan of AZ and also a fan of Alireza. He is a great player. 

That guy in the video was Fred Friday. A real hero. He is the reason Alireza made so many goals. If you get Alireza you also need to sign Fred. For you we knock of 5 million of the price, so you can sign him for 30 million :clap:.

But serious, not all Alireza teamates were as bad as Iansenewerust said. Fred Friday just played a few games and got demoted to the junior squad because he was not good enough. AZ wouldnt have made 3rd in the league (before Feyenoord), + cup final, and wouldnt get so much praise for playing the most attractive football in the league if Alireza teammates were all bad.

It was a pretty decent team with a lot of young guys who just came through from the junior ranks. Some of them were in the Young national squad and one of them (Guus Til) even made the national squad of Holland. In fact allmost all the teammates in the main squad were national teamplayers in their country. Our best player (Calvin Stengs, also a youngster) got a heavy knee injury at the start of the season and he is still recovering. In fact before his knee injury he allready took Alireza's place as rightwinger and Alireza got moved to the left side. But because of the injury of Calvin,  Alireza got his place as right wing back. Now that Alireza leaves, Stengs will take his place again.

But still Alireza is a superb player who made a huge impact in Alkmaar and now deserves a transfer to a major league. Because I was thrilled when Leicester became champion it would be great to see Alireza in your team next year. I sure will be following him. Good luck guys!

thank you buddy, nice post..

8 hours ago, Inarsenewerust said:

72 rep and you come in with a post like that? You’re not going to last long here with that level of common sense. Seriously. Do one. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

72 rep and you come in with a post like that? You’re not going to last long here with that level of common sense. Seriously. Do one. :)

No cut him some slack ffs he could have been a spud lol 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I want us to sign Fred Friday just for the name. 

If my name was Fred Friday and anyone who asked my name I'd say it in the same style as James Bond.

The name's Friday, Fred Friday. :cool:

• Haha 1